Crashing every time at first loading screen

Psychoward

Question

Hey all, every time after I select "New Game" and after the "Pillars of Eternity" logo pops up, the game goes in to the first loading screen and freezes up and stops responding.

I have a 930m, i7 and 8gb of RAM on a clean install of 64-bit Windows 10.

I have tried;

- verifying the integrity of the game cache

- doing a complete re-install of the game

- making sure I have the most up to date NVIDIA drivers

- running the game in compatibility mode

- deleting the UNCL font in sys32 (although this gave me an error message and said it wasn't found)

What else can I try?

16 answers to this question

Nothing suspicious in there. Just a sudden end. Has the Reliabilty Monitor (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748864(v=ws.10).aspx) something about the crash?

Like „Pillars of Eternity stopped working“? Try to get some details out of it.

This forum allows to attach images and textfiles. (And checks them by extension, thats the reason it does not like the .log file)

Nothing suspicious in there. Just a sudden end. Has the Reliabilty Monitor (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748864(v=ws.10).aspx) something about the crash?

Like „Pillars of Eternity stopped working“? Try to get some details out of it.

This forum allows to attach images and textfiles. (And checks them by extension, thats the reason it does not like the .log file)

I'm not sure what you want me to do exactly, what should I do with the Reliability Monitor?

In the performance monitor, on the left, right click the "maintenance" folder, it could be hidden there.

Or you can try this:

windows key + R (to open Run)

perfmon /rel

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Well, the screenshot does not tell much, Im afraid. You could post your dxdiag log as well. Maybe there is something which could point to cause.

A crash usually points to a driver issue or faulty installation. Maybe also run a check disk on your harddrive. Maybe try to reduce the resolution of your desktop a bit lower and then try to start the game and see what happens.

Do you overclock the CPU or graphics card?

Edited by Aurelio