I just noticed that you can use it to actually heal the "total health bar" (not endurance) of your wiz. And for me it actually gives not 50 but about 150 points of health ( 25 might wiz, no bonus healing modifiers). It stacks up to 2 times per Battle, so if you set it as a "per encounter" spell you can heal easily heal 300+ endurance every fight for 4 fights (until you run off of your per rest vital essence infusion).

• Like 1

Yep, that has been done by a lot of people for quite some time now and is super useful.

You can avoid resting with that and for a paladin that's level 13 there is no single reason to dump con and max int. :D

• Like 1

Doesn't the time on it run out? Or is it the case that once the timer does run out, that health restored remains (e.g. 300/800 health left, vital essence makes it 350/850 or whatever might adjusted, then does it remain 350/800 after the effect goes down)?

If so, yeah that's pretty damn handy. If a solo a wizard, I'll definitely pick that up.

Edited by Jojobobo

Yep, that has been done by a lot of people for quite some time now and is super useful.

You can avoid resting with that and for a paladin that's level 13 there is no single reason to dump con and max int. :D

Sorry, was not aware

@jojobo: yes healing remains, you can heal yourself from Red to full in 2-3 fights.

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

Sorry, was not aware

@jojobo: yes healing remains, you can heal yourself from Red to full in 2-3 fights.

That is pretty sweet, I wonder if it is a bug (seeing as the spell description says it's supposed to increase max health for 15s) or whether it's intentionally meant to remain until later.

Edited by Jojobobo

It's way better than the Wound Binding and Field Triage talents. Because there's a potion with it. :)

It's a super handy spell for squishy 3 CON blaster wizards who use Dangerous Implement and have 0 recovery.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sorry, was not aware

Don't be sorry mate, your post makes even more people aware of it. :)

Don't think EVERYONE except you knew it.^^

It's way better than the Wound Binding and Field Triage talents. Because there's a potion with it. :)

It's a super handy spell for squishy 3 CON blaster wizards who use Dangerous Implement and have 0 recovery.

I wouldn't say that, as far as I'm aware from my current character Wound Binding is affected by all current healing multipliers (it's definitely affected by Might), and as far as I'm aware all current healing multipliers are multiplicative.

So for Might 21 (x1.33, which I always like as any number with a factor of 3 ends up nice and round):

1.4 (40% Wound Binding heal) x 1.33 = 1.86, i.e.  close to your entire health pool (I'm too lazy to respec and test a lower Might character to finding out whether the survival modifier and x healing items also affect it, but I'm pretty sure they would). In other words, so long as you have a Con pitched at a level that'll let that character take the strong one-off hits you want to take, and so long as you have enough ways to heal endurance to make extra health worth it you get a massively increased health pool to play with at the cost of only a single talent point - easily allowing for you to shift points from Con and into something else, particularly on the high base endurance classes.

And I know it's one per rest, but this is only really something you're going to have to bust out in times of need in the first place or against a big boss fight - so I think that's a perfectly reasonable trade off. Even with me using it on solo, I'm not feeling the per rest pinch - if anything against hoards of trash mobs it increases the time between rests as you don't have to rest to heal.

Infuse with Vital Essence on the other hand is nice for restoring both health and endurance, as it's certainly very nice Wizards get to use it per encounter if you choose it to master, but it nowhere near gets close to the colossal health healing of Wound Binding - in fact it'd probably work nicely with Wounding Binding if you can get even more endurance healing in place. Field Triage, as it heals a lesser amount and requires one of your characters to go up to the other character, is very meh.

EDIT: In game test, got 282 health per tick, with 3 ticks over 9 seconds (I have base Intelligence) with x1.4 survival modifier, 21 Might and x1.25 for Belt of Bountiful Healing (though Fulvano's Amulet works just as well).

282 x 3 = 846, my health is 910 - a 92.8% heal.

910 x 0.4 = 364.

846 / 364 = 2.32

1.33 (Might) x 1.25 x 1.4 = 2.33, 2.32 rounding down.

So it is affected by healing items, and with it being duration based it's almost certainly affected by intellect too (any Int that gives you an extra 3 seconds will give you another tick).

With third stage healing bonuses from survival, and/or a nice combo of Int/Mig/healing items, it's extremely easy to double your health - and obviously all those healing items make any self endurance heals all the more worth increased health.

Edited by Jojobobo

Jap, I also used it in the Chillfog chanter build when the +100% healing received chant is on. Heals over 130% health then. ;) It's great when you play with high MIG and good healing bonuses from equipment and camping.

• Like 1

Idk I prefer the potions I never have the luxury of spending a talent on something that can be done with a potion.^^

But then again I don't play with full parties so I have to spend my talents slightly more careful.

What is the point of not resting?

When you play in potd and you have only 2 camping supplies it becomes very tedious and time consuming to return to town if you want to rest often. There's also an achivement which requires less than 10 rests over the entire game.

• Like 1

What is the point of not resting?

When you play in potd and you have only 2 camping supplies it becomes very tedious and time consuming to return to town if you want to rest often. There's also an achivement which requires less than 10 rests over the entire game.

Also I personally hate to rest if I don't need to rest for resetting per rest spells/items.

• Like 1

One of the most tedious parts can be the Endless Paths of Od Nua. There are not too many camping supplies and there's also not a master staircase on every level. So returning to town or Brighthollow can be time consuming and boring - especially because of those very looong loading screens.  -_-

The whole "no resting" thing is mostly about convenience. It's not expensive to get camping supplies or to rest in a town. It's even for free at Brighthollow. It only costs you a lot of time. As Kaylon said all that travelling can be a pain in the back. But it's ok that it's tedious. If it were too easy to get supplies or if we had fast travel options everywhere then all the per rest abilities would be too powerful and the healing talents would be totally useless (atm they are not totally useless with the right build). 

Edit: and what Raven said. :)

Edited by Boeroer