The best of the Eternity

What is the best you can remember or what have left influence in your playthrough whether that be:

• a scene in the game
  • specific quest, narration or a character
  • combat encounter ?
Edited by Cyseal
  • Like 1

On my first playthrough I've been really touched by everything related to Eothas and revealed in the first hours of the game. Don't know why, but after exiting Gilded Vale I rerolled as Eothasian priest in the result.

Also, Eder persona and questline. I really liked how they are composed of realistic, down-to-earth motifs - adoration of older brother, conflict between country and religion, lack of understanding among your own society, lack of certainty about past choices. Thanks to that the way game's main theme of necessity to live and make decisions while lacking important knowledge was explored in the finale induced strong feelings in me.

• Like 7

The conversations with the gods at Teir Evron was probably my favorite moment of the game. I thought the whole style of writing the game features really came into its own there. Loved the atmosphere created by the music, that "space-y" little graphic of the pillars and yeah, the writing. Loved it.

I also thought the ending of Sagani's quest was fantastic and the tone of it was something that one doesn't typically see in games.

Durance's realization of what has happened was also powerful, especially the famous scream. But I thought his character was slightly ruined in that he became so chummy with the Watcher afterwards. I didn't really buy that part, or rather, maybe I didn't *want* to buy that part of it. I thought it felt a bit lame.

I also liked going through the Battery in WM1, a well done dungeon crawl. And a lot of the story stuff in WM2 was memorable as well. I loved that opening scriped interaction you get when you rest after completing the first part, I just wish there was some requirement of time passing or whatever before you get it (though I understand why they didn't do that).

• Like 4

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Things that particularly stand out to me:

• Finding that bandit in the crossroads at night, that was a nice surprise.
  • The burning house in WM.
  • Killing a slaver then seeing his body hanging outside my castle.
  • Character quests in general, particularly Eder's, Durance's, Sagani's, and Zahua (I still think of him as Forton).
  • Galvino's place.  I loved the atmosphere in particular.
  • Raedric 2 - That fight was a really nice foil to the original Raedric fight; one could write and incredibly elaborate post about how living and dead Raedric are almost antithetical to each other yet maintain continuity of character.
  • The changing tides at the docks.
  • Teir Evron.  I particularly liked how Eothas and Wael's shrines were different from everyone else.
  • The Xaurip Sacrifice pit and pool of blood in Endless paths.  Not only was skipping levels cool (even though a lot of the Endless paths were well done), but seeing the difference between the Drake and the Dragon was pretty neat.
  • The Abbey of the Fallen Moon was cool, especially the part where you meet Ondra.
  • Like 2

- Discussing Magran with Durance in Teir Evron

- Slaughtering the Ethik Nôl (on my first playthrough I wondered if everyone in Twin Elms would turn aggressive)

- Arrival at Stalwart
- The end of WM II
- Battle of Yenwood

Not necessarily the best, but some moments were funny:

- Durance's comment about the "frost-hewn breach"
- Hiravias comment about Pallegina
- Devil and Zahua
- Maneha's sounds in combat ("hoo!")

Edit: how could I forget these:

- Sending Iovara back to the Wheel. Against her will.

- The scripted interaction with the lift in Durgan's Battery.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

-BEAUTIFUL scenery and backgrounds.

-GORGEOUS music that really sets the mood and tone.

-Awesome and extensive character creation and background choices.

-Likable companions (except Durance), especially Aloth and Eder.

-Aloth's personal quest. (I love being able to hold his hand as he remembers his traumatic past.)

-Eder's hilarious and adorable (and suicidal) love for animals.

-Eder nearly losing his hand petting Itumaak.

-Eder nearly killing himself trying to pet the giant saber cat.

-GIANT MINIATURE SPACE PIGLET! <3

-Helping orlans escape wrongful persecutions.

-The ogre wrongfully accused of kidnapping a girl, whom we can invite to work at our stronghold.

-Party banter. Just... party banter. It's fantastic.

• Like 4

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Liked a lot the opening hour of the game, all the great vibes of those past games have been here at once

Also the Ending is FAN TAS TIC, the whole philosophical dialog about how gods are not real and what it means is one of the best moments in gaming

• Like 1

I think the most I've ever been (pleasantly) surprised by the game was when this completely random diving helmet you find ends up saving your character's life at the end of WM2. Up until it mentioned I grabbed the helmet, I thought for sure it would be the end of my character.

My favorite encounter has to be the battle of Yenwood, where you fight to control your stronghold. The 3.0 update in general solved, like, 70% of the issues I had with the stronghold system. The end of the questline was phenomenal, and even if it wasn't particularly challenging, it was amazing seeing around 4 times more enemies on the screen than ever before.

Most of the characters have great writing. Sagani and Eder in particular have made me smile on multiple occasions.

• Like 3

Kana finding the source of his societies lofty ideals being a pit of slavery and human sacrifice, and the conversation that follows.

It makes me think about the history of ideas and how a lot of our current interpretation of the words we hold dear (lets say f.ex. "all men are created equal") were originally indended rather differently by people who (despite being in many ways quite impressive) by our interpretation of those same words did some pretty terrible things.

• Like 3

It makes me think about the history of ideas and how a lot of our current interpretation of the words we hold dear (lets say f.ex. "all men are created equal") were originally indended rather differently by people who (despite being in many ways quite impressive) by our interpretation of those same words did some pretty terrible things.

You've put that really well. Hopefully we can build better tommorow and mean what we say, say what we mean.

I liked the story of a mad woman in the Brackenbury Sanitarium. She said she was living as a happy poor woman, but one day her soul was awakened and she knew that in a past life she was a rich woman. Then she started to feel miserable with the life she was living now and finally she became mad.

I loved the scene when the main character arrives to Gilded Vale, and when the bells announced that Raedric's new son is born without soul.

I liked too the Raedric's Hold entrance and the first combat against Raedric and his bodyguards

• Like 2

The NPC questlines, especially Edér, Durance and Grieving mother.

The scene with the trea full of hanged corpses when you first enters Gilded Vale.

The final act questline, starting as a missing persons case, ending with a snuff theater.

• Like 2

The whole Gilded Vale - Questline. It was a niece build-up to the rest of the story, but it also stood out as a standalone-campaign. I would liked to be the lord of Raedrics Hold myself.

Most of the companions-quest.

The end of White March, because it showed how ambivalent and controling the gods really are.

All of Twin Elms. This is why I love fantasy. It is an exotic location, that still feels real enough and the quests are well written and thematically adjusted to the rest of the story. Defiance Bay was a bit weak, but Twin Elms is always fun.  

The conversation with Iovara. You only talk once with her, but the emotional impact of this one conversation is enormous.

Edited by Harry Easter
  • Like 1