Game hangs when closing Goblin Fortress in Thistletop Delve

Sweet_Sadie

Question

Story mode. Thistletop Delve. 4 Characters.

Seelah closes the Goblin Fortress, leaving one final location open. As the reward she rolls 1D4 for weapons. After the roll is complete and the first weapon tries to appear, the screen goes blank. No way to proceed.

I think I read a solution to this problem, but have searched and cannot find it. At the moment, I am completely unable to continue.

8 answers to this question

Yes, black background. How does general store get passed this? I have tried everything I can click on including dropping completely out of the game.

Found this under Known Issues:

- When closing the General Store or Goblin Fortress, a crash can sometimes occur when rolling for items/weapons

There isn't a workaround, that I know of (there wasn't one listed), but it HAS been repaired in the next patch (release date pending).

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

If quitting the game didn't help, you may have to go to the main menu, choose story, delete your party, and create a new party with the same experienced characters in order to play anything else.

That was specifically for Here Comes The Flood, because that scenario ends when all cards are gone from all locations.  You're exactly right about Thistletop Delve.

It's not SUPPOSED to, but I can't promise you that it won't.  I've deleted parties and created new parties with those same characters before.  I found it easiest to nickname all the characters in the party first so it was easy to find them again.