Pathfinder Adventures Patch Notes for Update 1.0.3.5

Hello, everyone!

We're hard at work at getting a new patch out to you as soon as we can. We ran into a couple of issues on the way to get it out of the proverbial door (as some may say), but rest assured we're doing our best to get it to you as soon as possible!

That said, we're super excited to bring to you a patch that gives a few new things and also a host of bug fixes! Is the hype real? Oh yes it is!

IyN7ecm.gif

First up, what's new in this patch?

New

- Additional boosters!

• Over 30 new boosters have been added!

- Card frames are now color coded to make it easier to tell rarities apart!

• Legendary - Gold (unchaged)
  • Epic - Changed from Silver to Purple
  • Rare - Changed from Silver to Blue
  • Uncommon - Copper (unchanged)

- Free chest changes.

• Previously players would gain a free chest upon their first successful login. This has been changed to be granted after the first successful completion of Brigandoom!

- Gold now scales based on party size and difficulty in Quest Mode and Story Mode Legendary scenarios.

• Story Mode - A single character completing Legendary now earns 50 gold. A full party will gain 300 gold. A popup will come up when selecting the difficulty for a scenario that will breakdown how much gold is awarded for the base scenario, how much is added for party size and the total.
  • Quest Mode - A single character will gain 50 (normal), 75 (heroic), 100 (legendary) gold.  A full party will gain 150 (normal), 200 (heroic), 250 (legendary) gold. In the scenario reward, the gold breakdown will be displayed showing base reward from difficulty, party size and the total.

- Party Information Expanded

• Additional information has been added to the New Party/Party Load screen.  Before, you'd only see the characters, scenario, and deck the characters were in.  Now, difficulty and game settings (Pass & Play, Permadeath) will also be noted. PLEASE NOTE: Existing parties with Permadeath on will not show this tag - you will need to reform the party to see it.

- Store

• Treasure and Gold pages revamped.

- Deals for treasure chests have changed.

• Ten chests no longer grants a bonus chest; price unchanged.
  • Forty Chests upped to Fifty Chests; Bonus chests no longer included.  Price unchanged.

Holy cats that's a good deal of new stuff!

barney-mind-blown.gif

But wait, there's more!

giphy.gif

That's right! We got some bug fixes for you!

Top Community Issues

These are issues you have all helped to bring to our attention. We can't thank you enough for your feedback on the game! These issues have been the most discussed here on the forum and these, along with many more, will be fixed when 1.0.3.5 goes live!

- Progression Breaks

• Augury: Fixed a progression break when you cancelled Augury.
  • Character: Harsk: Gaining Reconnaissance, Track and Survivalist no longer causes a progression break.
  • Location Close: Fixed a progression break when you cancelled a close attempt at a location that required a Banish.
  • Location Close: A crash that occurred when rolling for items/weapons at the General Store/Goblin Fortress has been resolved.
  • Location: Warrens: Fixed a progression break when force closing the app during the villain cutscene.
  • Loot Rewards: Fixed a possible progression break when acquiring Loot rewards if a character in the party had already acquired the rewards in a previous instance.
  • Story Mode: A Progression break when Magga would eat the last card, causing you to lose is fixed.
  • Quest Mode: A Progression break is fixed when encountering Goblins at the Shrine to Lamashtu when the Goblin Difficulty Increase power is active.
  • Quest Mode: A Progression break when Encountering Rogors Craesby with the Summon Ancient Skeletons on Undead Encounter power is fixed.

- Login Issues

• Resolved an issue where users could not be registered as logged in with Google Play Games.

Again, we really can't thank you all enough for your feedback and help in making Pathfinder Adventures and even better experience!

But... we're not finished, yet!

giphy.gif

Way!

Here are some more other fixes the team has put in, broken down by type!

Other Fixes

- Progression Breaks

• Tutorial: Fixed a progression break that could occur in the tutorial if messages with confirmation windows were clobbered.

- Audio

• Haunt Cutscenes in Foul Misgivings now have unique audio.
  • Dogslicer now has unique audio when rolling 1s.

- Cards

• Barl Breakbones: The ghosts of characters defeated by Barl's first check no longer hang around to fight the second check.
  • Blessing of Zarongel: Now has the Zarongel trait.
  • Cape of Escape: Now correctly usable outside of an encounter.
  • Goblin Warchanter, Hags: Before You Act text has been rewritten to better communicate the implementation of the cards.
  • Impaler of Thorns: Now correctly penalizes non-proficient characters.
  • Orb of Firestorm (Booster): Fixed an issue where you could discard it instead of burying it.
  • Rat Swarm: No longer shuffles into the deck when summoned and not beaten by 12 or more.
  • Wand of Scorching Ray: Now correctly has the Arcane and Attack traits.

- Card Selection (aka, Deck Management)

• Loot: Fixed an issue where Loot cards wouldn't always show under the correct filters.

- Character

• Kyra: Using Heal then a location's exploration power no longer renders her unable to explore.
  • Kyra: Incorporeal monsters can now be properly defeated with Enemy Lore: Undead.

- General

• Skill Panel: Combat is now split into Melee and Strength and can be chosen at will.  There are some outstanding functionality issues.
  • Into the Mountains: No longer incorrectly deals damage when the Full Packs of Painful Memories wildcards are in play and activate.
  • Characters: You can now have a maximum of 24 experienced characters in each mode, up from 20.

- Gold

• Daily gold: Fixed an issue when Daily gold wouldn't remove itself after the timer expired.

- Pass & Play

• Fixed a possible progression break if an offturn character played Cape of Escape.
  • Fixed an issue where an encountered card would visually disappear when requesting aid.

- Quest Mode

• A number of problem scenario powers have been removed.
  • Black Magga is no longer available as a villain.
  • Fixed an issue where a character could die and level up but not receive their rewards.

- Store

• Ezren's Evoker specialization now correctly shows his hand size of 9 in the store.

- UI

• Effects Panel: Fixed a minor issue where the effects panel wouldn't close if it was open when opening the settings menu.
  • Card Selection: Fixed a minor issue where cards usable on the last turn of a scenario would retain the 'playable' highlight when performing post-scenario deck management.

- Vault/Gallery

• Gallery: Unobtainable boosters that were incorrectly viewable in the gallery have been removed.

That's all of them!

CpEwE8d.gif

Again, we're doing our best to get this patch to you as soon as you can and we appreciate all that you've done to help make Pathfinder Adventures an even better game!

• Like 7

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Thank you for your diligent work devs. Honestly, IMHO, I'd rather the patch come out later and not break more stuff than to hurry it out and have different things to fix next patch. I've put a pause on my playing due to not wanting to redo from scratch again, so I am looking forward to the bug fixes. I hope you spend some time with your families and refresh and not get too burned out. Working in IT myself, I fully understand what that can do. Have a great weekend!

• Like 2

Is the quest mode level 30 issue fixed? That's what's blocking me from quest mode right now.

Also I'm curious about the "full party" gold earning change. I wonder if it scales for parties of >1, or if it only applies to a full party of 6. This will probably have some impact on free to play players since you need to buy 4 more characters to have a full party

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

With that said, I'm going to farm as much solo Legendary quests as I can.

You mean before the patch is released, right?

First thing I thought when reading these notes, life sure will be harder for f2p players. I guess that's the only reason for awarding more gold for larger parties, I'm not really sure why they should do so otherwise (it's actually harder to beat most scenarios with just one character, although to be fair most of the times it will be shorter.... if you can, that is).

With that said, I'm going to farm as much solo Legendary quests as I can.

You mean before the patch is released, right?

First thing I thought when reading these notes, life sure will be harder for f2p players. I guess that's the only reason for awarding more gold for larger parties, I'm not really sure why they should do so otherwise (it's actually harder to beat most scenarios with just one character, although to be fair most of the times it will be shorter.... if you can, that is).

Actually I find if extremely easy to solo Legendary difficulty with Merisiel, not to mention how fast it is and I only started few weeks ago.

- Card frames are now color coded to make it easier to tell rarities apart!

• Legendary - Gold (unchaged)
  • Epic - Changed from Silver to Purple
  • Rare - Changed from Silver to Blue
  • Uncommon - Copper (unchanged)

Great! Just make sure that the tones of Blue and Purple you use are different enough for you color-challenged fellas to notice the difference between them, ok? ;-)

Cheers!

i play all my game with 3 characters, could that be the standard upon which you gain the same amount of gold as you gain right now (that's it 100/150/200 depending on difficulty)?

I also always play with three... will that mean that after the patch, I will lose out because of that?

It's sort of sad to see the seeming leap to focus on monetising the game, but i expect the developers need to buy food and pay rent, and don't put all their efforts in for free, or the love, and how can anyone expect a company with investors to put resources into creating such a great electronic experience without an expectation of a reasonable return... if they don't get a decent return, i doubt we'll see much development... and to be fair the prices so far, in my humble opinion, have been quite reasonable...

• Like 1

Any news on when this will be released?

And what about deck 4?

I suspect that they'll be released at the same time. I also suspect that the number of nasty bugs that are being stomped is requiring additional testing both with the content so far *and* Deck 4. Hopefully the delay will result in a better quality release this time.

Version numbers seems to be related to the deck number, AD3 was released with patch 1.3.0 and I expect that AD4 will be version 1.4.0

1.3.5 is simply lots of bug fixes plus some nice new cards added to the treasure chests.

Of course it would have been good to get the new AD, but if they are not ready and it's still too buggy I prefer that they delay it so we reduce the chances to get really bad bugs (especially those that can force your to delete a character or a party when the fix that came later is not retroactive).

And as there are still too many important bugs in the current version it's normal that they release this 1.3.5 patch as a intermediary measure to fix most of the more important ones without having to way for the next deck.

• Like 1

I think I predicted "1-3" extra weeks, Pink, so when it came time to pony up the dough, I figured I might as well buy the higher end of the scale to look more impressive. In the end, it cost 20,000 gold plus a private tutoring session with Nathan (to explain how to play the game properly) to delay the patch until the fourth week of July and push the release of AD4 all the way back to August.

• Like 1

I think I predicted "1-3" extra weeks, Pink, so when it came time to pony up the dough, I figured I might as well buy the higher end of the scale to look more impressive. In the end, it cost 20,000 gold plus a private tutoring session with Nathan (to explain how to play the game properly) to delay the patch until the fourth week of July and push the release of AD4 all the way back to August.

I know this is a joke but I don't find it funny. The game has gotten boring. Since AD3 was released, I've completed story mode (what is available) 3 times at all difficulties. I've tried to play quest mode but it deleted 4 of my 5 characters. I don't want to start again because the developers have teased these new chests and if I have to wait till August for AD4, I want new content for my new party. Otherwise it's just the same grind all over again.