Number of cards owned in Vault

I need clarification on the implication of the number of cards owned in vault.

1.  In our vault, we can see which cards we have and how many of each.  For example:  I have one copy of Orb  of Fire but 3 copies of Orb of shocking.  It seems the count is important.

2.  In Quest mode, the total number of Orbs of Fire I can have across any number of characters is limited to the specific count of cards I own in the vault (in my case 1).  For example:  If Ezren holds an Orb of Fire and if Ezren is not being played and if another Character in Quest mode find an Orb of Fire and keeps it, Ezren's Orb of Fire is removed.  

3.  However, I can have 3 characters hold on to an Orb of Shocking since I have three copies.  I assume one of them will disappear if I chose to keep a fourth.

Can someone confirm this?

Nope. Each party has its own Vault. There is a "bug" that if you were to (in your example) add Ezren to an existing party you can have another character ALSO with the Orb of Fire. But if you were to ever discard that card from either characters deck (in the deckbuilding at the end of the scenario or by banishing it) it would disappear.

Nope. Each party has its own Vault. There is a "bug" that if you were to (in your example) add Ezren to an existing party you can have another character ALSO with the Orb of Fire. But if you were to ever discard that card from either characters deck (in the deckbuilding at the end of the scenario or by banishing it) it would disappear.

Not sure if I totally understand.  In Quest mode, there is no party concept except for playing a scenario.  Once the scenario is played, the party is back the quest screen and you treat everybody in the quest pool as a large pool.  No? 

Are you saying, once I have one copy in the vault, I have unlimited instances I can have of it on each character in quest mode?  This is what I am trying to test and verify.  Another example: I am trying to setup a character in Quest mode where it specializes in something specific say I want to have 4 Smith allies.  I can't seem to get past 2 and when I check my vault, I have exactly 2 Smith cards. 

If you have 1copy of a specific card in your vault, then your characters can only have one copy of that card. However, if a character in Quest mode has this card but is not part of the actual party for this quest, the card can be encountered (and obtained) again.

If both of these characters are later in the same party, you have two copies of this card in your party.

At least this is how I understand it (haven't tried).

If this is the case it would be possible, to farm that card with one character and if you got it start a quest with that and the one already has the card, trade it and farm again in the next game. In this case you could have unlimited copies of this card in your decks....

If you have 1copy of a specific card in your vault, then your characters can only have one copy of that card. However, if a character in Quest mode has this card but is not part of the actual party for this quest, the card can be encountered (and obtained) again.

If both of these characters are later in the same party, you have two copies of this card in your party.

At least this is how I understand it (haven't tried)....

I have tried this and found your first sentence to be true. I can continue to obtain the same card if no character is my quest party has it. The moment I bring the two characters together, one copy will disappear (will get the ! Mark on on of the players) and I will have to select a card from the base set to complete the deck.

Edited by sleonardo

Hmm... That's both interesting and somewhat comforting, as it would have felt wrong (even if it is in a good way) if the behaviour would have been as I described....

Thanks for trying and letting us know!

I have tried this and found your first sentence to be true. I can continue to obtain the same card if no character is my quest party has it. The moment I bring the two characters together, one copy will disappear (will get the ! Mark on on of the players) and I will have to select a card from the base set to complete the deck.

Thank you for confining this, which is very helpful. So I understand the max number of a specific card you can have in an questing party matches the number of the same card in the vault?

• Like 1

Thank you for confining this, which is very helpful. So I understand the max number of a specific card you can have in an questing party matches the number of the same card in the vault?

Yes, the maximum number of a specific  card (example Flaming Mace + 1)  you can have in an assembled Quest Party cannot be more than the number of copies you have of the said card (example Flaming Mace +1) in the vault. 

Therefore if you want to have 4 copies of a specific item or a specific ally  in an ASSEMBLED QUEST PARTY, you better have 4 copies of that same card in your vault.

There was some messages before that suggested deleting duplicate cards from the vault.  Yes, that's ok so as long as you remember this condition I stated above.   

Edited by sleonardo

Yes, the maximum number of a specific  card (example Flaming Mace + 1)  you can have in an assembled Quest Party cannot be more than the number of copies you have of the said card (example Flaming Mace +1) in the vault. 

Therefore if you want to have 4 copies of a specific item or a specific ally  in an ASSEMBLED QUEST PARTY, you better have 4 copies of that same card in your vault.

There was some messages before that suggested deleting duplicate cards from the vault.  Yes, that's ok so as long as you remember this condition I stated above.

Understood. So the safe number is six. If I have six copies of the same card in the vault then I am in e safe zone for any assembled party.

Understood. So the safe number is six. If I have six copies of the same card in the vault then I am in e safe zone for any assembled party.

If you are assuming you wan one card for each character but each character has different concerns.  Some characters cannot use a card (ie weapons).  Some characters may have 5 ally card slots but what if you want 5 of exactly the same ally then that one character alone will take up 5 copies of that ally. 

If you are assuming you wan one card for each character but each character has different concerns.  Some characters cannot use a card (ie weapons).  Some characters may have 5 ally card slots but what if you want 5 of exactly the same ally then that one character alone will take up 5 copies of that ally.

Totally makes sense. Thanks again!