Permadeath: OFF

Mode: Quest

Party Members: Lem, Lini, Seoni, Harsk

Turn Order: per party order

Scenario: N/A

Difficulty: Normal

Wildcards: N/A? (Nualia checks +1/defeated Henchman

Trigger: Giant Weasel played for melee bonus

Encountered Rat Swarm melee D4; triggered Beast Form, melee D10; triggered animal ally bonus melee D10 + D4; played Giant Weasel, melee 2D4 + D6!

Surely that should have been D10 + D6 +D4?

Screenies: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vvywop91zpp217x/AACdfkXm8H-bN-h5nu8DZ7ZFa?dl=0

Edited by mccrispy

7 answers to this question

Not Melee, it is Strength

Encountered Rat Swarm STR D4; triggered Beast Form, STR D10; triggered animal ally bonus STR D10 + D4; played Giant Weasel, MELEE 2D4 + D6

Lini has no "Melee" skill, and Beast Form only changes her Strength or Dexterity die to a D10. So you start the encounter attacking with your Strength (d4), you upgrade it to the d10. THEN you activate Giant Weasel, which adds a d6 to her MELEE check. When you do this it uses her Melee value, which is a d4, instead of her Strength with is (now) a d10.

Edited by Kgk4569
  • Like 1

Aha! I'll be jettisoning the Weasel ASAP as it's of no use - I don't use weapons with Lini.

*shrug* Later in game, when you get the scythe it is helpful, or if you have the flaming mace! Otherwise yeah, it is a bit useless. my favorite Lini animals are:

Crow (to start)

Sabertooth Tiger (adds to combat not melee)

Toad (Lets you pull spells from your discard, good for recovering after a hit)

Cat (+2 to recharge!!!)

Monkey (auto succeed at items or weapons!)

Not my style of playing a Druid. I'm going to try another path, I'll see how it goes.

On the Allies front, I like the Cat, dislike the inefficiency of burying a card to retrieve a single Spell (so no Toad), Monkey/Crow is OK, but the weapons are for giving to the other party members and I've not encountered the sabertooth.

Not my style of playing a Druid. I'm going to try another path, I'll see how it goes.

On the Allies front, I like the Cat, dislike the inefficiency of burying a card to retrieve a single Spell (so no Toad), Monkey/Crow is OK, but the weapons are for giving to the other party members and I've not encountered the sabertooth.

Raptors. Lini makes a great dinosaur. Can't wait for them.