Fortress of the Stone Giants -- Coming June

Seriously, I'm pretty pissed off with the lack of transparency. If it's going to be delayed, let the players know instead of keeping us in suspense and don't saying 'Coming June' when you aren't 100% sure you can keep your promise. I bought the season pass on day 1 and I've bought plenty of gold to help support the game but I'm honestly getting tired of this lack of new content.

• Like 1

It has most likely been delayed due to bug fixing.

Agreed, but how about some communication on their part.  It's crazy that the month is almost over and there hasn't been any official word on it being delayed and when the next update will be.

*shrug*

I don't know what to tell you. There seems to be more and more people getting upset about the timeline, and there are more and more people (oddly some of them are the same people) berating Obsidian for letting a buggy release go out. When appeasing one tends to irritate the other.

Yes, it would be nice to have a continually updated estimated release date, but its not like they aren't working on it and are just ignoring the community. Just look through all the posts and you can see they are communicating and trying to resolve issues. They may not have a firm date for the release, and (if the last release was any indication) they may hold off any release this week due to it being so close to a holiday weekend.

• Like 1

Seriously, I'm pretty pissed off with the lack of transparency. If it's going to be delayed, let the players know instead of keeping us in suspense and don't saying 'Coming June' when you aren't 100% sure you can keep your promise. I bought the season pass on day 1 and I've bought plenty of gold to help support the game but I'm honestly getting tired of this lack of new content.

Lack of transparency is not something this game suffers from compared to many other games.

Not transparent enough for you, ok, that's fine.

But they are for the most part as transparent as possible for a company.

We'll know in less than 12 hours, although were I Obsidian, at this point when I made an announcement about a release, I'd bake in some wiggle room. June? I'd say June or July. Then, if you get it out in June - you're a hero. If it hits the middle of July? You're still on the mark.

People complain about the lack of information, while this thread only exists because they communicated too much. If instead of 'June' the client just said 'soon' there would be far fewer complaints about a lack of content updates this month. This is why most companies don't give out their planned time-lines and why this one probably won't again, as this is the response they get from it.

Sure, would have been nice to get a post letting us they were going to miss June, but it's quite possible they were still pushing to get it out this month and didn't know it wasn't gong to happen until today. Heck, they could still be hoping to push it out today, but by this point if they made an announcement that they were going to miss June the response would be 'well obviously, why didn't you tell us sooner?'

The lesson here is to never communicate future plans, there's very little to be gained by it and if you end up being wrong everyone complains.

• Like 4

Hey, everyone!

While we wanted Deck 4 to be out in June, things - as they tend to do - happened. Issues popped their little goblin heads up and things had to be shuffled around. We're still hard at work at bringing the content to you as soon as we can, though! We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 5

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I'm feeling the same way. I purchased on day one and now I'm stuck with a wasted $24. I don't know if my issue is transparency so much as just a general lack of coherence. Either a patch comes out that is horribly buggy or Already purchased content takes forever to be released with more bugs. This seems more like lack of resources (money or man power) to make quality content. I amhappy to support games that I find fun but that was a steep price point for a mobile game to not have everything work out.

I'm kind of tired of people complaining about the developers.  

First, they're not the only people working at Obsidian.  Decisions get made and bugs found by a number of other roles as well.  Second, I love this game.  I don't mind the bugs and schedule slips because it's the gameplay I love.  Even if you have taken a party through all the available story mode content on all three difficulties you can always take another party of different characters, and then yet another.  I've been playing Quest Mode since I got to the end of the available story mode content and I'm loving it - maybe even more than story mode to be honest.  I love pulling in different characters for a scenario, mixing up the group rather than having to start over just to try out a character.  It's also fun to see characters growing at different rates, since I almost never have all characters of the same level in a quest mode scenario.  That, and the boon collecting make for a very fun experience for an old AD&D geek.  So what if I have to wait a little longer for the next adventure?!  I'm still having a blast, and I just saw an update come down for my Android phone today, so clearly there is work being delivered here.

Just calm down and be patient.  $25 dollars (and I've spent much more than that) didn't buy you a fully unlocked game.  It bought you a season pass.  You'll get the new content when it's available.  Enjoy what you have and the knowledge that more fun is on it's way.

• Like 2

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

People have every right to complain.   If Obsidian wants to take advantage of the marketing and allure of announcing content coming soon by stating deadlines to get it's userbase excited, and overall, spending time/money in their app, then they also have to accept the negatives when they don't meet those promises... for any reason, good or bad, big or small.   

They could have just had the game say - "coming soon" or "coming summer" or "coming 3Q", or maybe put a countdown in when they have an exact date to build the excitement.  Anything that couldn't be 100% wrong and lead to disappointment.   They also have a track record of delays so far, so that doesn't help either.   

They could also address it tongue and cheek wise, by at least updating the app with something like "JUNE - Now JULY (oops!)", anything to at least show communication to the users who don't frequent forums/subreddits, etc.  They should maybe even be tossing out free gold and or chests in apologies, and getting ahead of these delays.    

It's called Marketing/Brand Goodwill... and it sucks to lose any goodwill over trivial issues like these, and it especially sucks when you lose goodwill just because you aren't putting the time/energy into really addressing the concerns before people can complain about it.  Hopefully, they'll start seeing these trends and at the very least, address them better in the future   Until then, expect people to trickle in and complain.  

To add a dose of positivity... I have yet to see anyone complain about the game itself not being any good.  It's almost always related to delays and/or bugs.  But that's why it's even more a shame that these "non-game" factors exists, because they could be doing sooooo much better with the great material they have if they could just stick to a schedule.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 1

I have enjoyed this game, a lot. But the bugs and delays are disappointing. The last patch is causing a bug on my device (iPad Air 2) which has essentially made the game unplayable for me. Which is disappointing and may very well mean I am moving on to the next app and leaving PACG for playing live with my friends (they wanted to play S&S, which is cool since this is RotRL).

I wish the best and hope these code & release schedule issues get sorted out while I still have interest.

Call it what you will, I do not care about card border colour and feel that removing anything from the gallery is a bad idea - just two of the items included in the most recent patch (the one which caused a previously working very acceptably to essentially become unplayable).

I'd like to see the game working like items a week ago and see the June content before August.

Is that an unreasonable request? I don't think so.