Concern at the state of the game

While I think showing the cards that are going to be available in the chests is a good step in the right direction, and I don't think we are going to get any indications from Obsidian about any plans. I do have serious concerns about the long term viability of this game 

Frankly I have pretty much given up on the game for now, only stopping by the forum since the game I switched to patches on Thursdays (ironically in the same Humble Bundle as this one). At this point I think the best move is the put the game down until December when they have released the full set, OR they release it for the phone AND deal with the lack of offline gold gain (at least on the iPhone). Then it would be a good game to play while waiting at the DMV for example. I am still not enamored at being treated like a thief and not gaining gold unless on my home WiFi, after paying $25. At least remove the online requirement for the iOS versions.  

An iPhone version would be neat, but the lack of value in playing while the kids are running around the playground is a bit over the top. Before they release a Steam/iPhone version I would strongly suggest they tighten up their release schedule and deal with offline gold gains. 

A month and a half between a weekend of content isn't cutting it for me when I can only play inside my house (when I have all sorts of other entertainment to choose from). Add to that the chest uncertainty and the grindy-ness of quest mode and I start to feel there is just a hair too much uncertainty.

I still like the game, but I don't feel that it is worth another $25 investment when the next adventure path rolls around without some tightening up of schedules.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Two edged Sword. This one adventure / month is very good for free to play people. All in one would be neat to those who buy the whole content and Are not interested in grinding.

Ofcourse some people could wait untill the whole game is ready, before buying and playing the game. So then They don't have to wait and most bug fixes Are allready made.

I personally like this one ad / mont shedule. i have enough time to play the scenarios without hurry during the one month.

I will definitely buy the next sett if it will be released, but we don't have any qurantee that we will get anything after rotrl. Dev have plans for it, but ofcourse it will depend on if it is economically sensible to do it. Ofcourse the next iteration should be somewhat easier because the basic system will be ready. And Also a customer bace.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 3

Frankly I have pretty much given up on the game for now, only stopping by the forum since the game I switched to patches on Thursdays (ironically in the same Humble Bundle as this one). At this point I think the best move is the put the game down until December when they have released the full set, OR they release it for the phone AND deal with the lack of offline gold gain (at least on the iPhone). Then it would be a good game to play while waiting at the DMV for example. I am still not enamored at being treated like a thief and not gaining gold unless on my home WiFi, after paying $25. At least remove the online requirement for the iOS versions.  

I'm curious about this. Granted, I don't go to the DMV very often, but in sort of case where you know you have something of wait at a particular place and would want to play Pathfinder there. You have a tablet if you, you have an iPhone. Can't you just turn the HotSpot feature on for the iPhone, connect with your tablet and then have your online gold? That's what I do in these cases. Works like a charm.

I literally played at the DMV last week.

The State of the Game is Very Good, in my opinion.

Ditto. As I've stated many times I've seen tech that hold peoples' lives in their hands with less support and more bugs.

• Like 2

At this point I think the best move is the put the game down until December when they have released the full set, OR they release it for the phone AND deal with the lack of offline gold gain (at least on the iPhone).

My thoughts :

- Offline gold is a no-go for obvious reasons. Possibly you would not hack the system, but others would surely do.

- put the game down until December... you mean you won't play it, or they should shut down the servers ? The later would be a pretty bad idea. But nobody forces you to play if you don't want to.

BTW, with quest mode, 11 characters, treasure cards and difficulty levels we already have a LOT of replayability, with a stream of updates/bugfixes.

• Like 2

I think it is very safe to say we will not see an update until Tuesday July 5th (my anniversary!) at the earliest.

This is a 3 day holiday weekend, rolling out updates before it is NOT a good idea, for obvious reasons.

I play this on my phone so I haven't had a problem getting game gold anywhere I go.  I know it's not technically supported but I have a big-arse phone so it plays fine.

These guys are smart.  The whole entire purpose of Quest Mode is to make sure their players have things to do that aren't Adventure Deck linked for as long as they want to play the game.  A mode that will only get better over time.  If that's not enough for some players, that's just how it's going to be.  Some folks want the world right now, or at least faster than they can have it. 

I'll admit I wish the updates came a little quicker, but I also understand how hard coding and bug-fixing actually is.  Fix one thing, five more bugs pop up.  Ripples of issues across a spider web of code.  That's just how programming is, and the main source of delays to any update.  I'm pretty sure they're not holding back, as that would earn them less money overall. 

I would also like to point out that the physical card game averaged two months between their Adventure Deck releases.  You think waiting a monthish now is bad, imagine when you had to wait longer without the benefits of things like Quest Mode or treasure cards to keep things fresh.  Just this game sitting on your shelf you wish you could play more of.  Not to mention the physical game costs several times more.  Keep in mind what you're getting when you play this digital version!

• Like 3

I'm really not complaining about how slow it takes for new content to be available. What I'm upset about is lack of communication. AD4 was advertised as 'Coming June'. When June was almost over, of course many players got more and more excited as we were promised AD4. Even Flounder, one of the developers, said a patch would be available this past week. But since then, not a single word. No word of a delay, no apology. We're just left wondering what happened. All they had to do was say 'sorry but we've got problems and it'll be delayed. New ETA TBC.' and we would have said 'ok' because we don't really have a choice. But the way they've handled it? Worst case, outright lies. At best, incompetence.

• Like 2

I'm really not complaining about how slow it takes for new content to be available. What I'm upset about is lack of communication. AD4 was advertised as 'Coming June'. 

Project slips happen in software.  You have to accept it.  Also, if having to wait for new content has you this upset, that proves how good the game is.  You are chomping at the bit for the next adventure.  That's how I feel, but rather than complaining I'm excited.  I'd rather wait a little longer while they fix bugs than get a hurried buggy release.

The thing that really bugs me is the lack of offline play.  I understand there is an argument about the possibility of hackers, but at the end of the day it's about customer experience.  I was on a plane for two 6 hour trips recently and couldn't play my favorite game.  That was much more of a disappointment to me that waiting for new content.  I still am enjoying Quest Mode a lot, so I'm not missing anything.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Personally, coz I'm whacked outtamahmind..bugs are the only ones keeping me play.

Granted I kinda played the hell outta it till i get to current end game. But been playing less nowadays and more to crash the system or find bugs than win scenarios.

Whatever gets me off right? ^^

PVP might be a good idea but I wouldn't know how to pull it off as it would stray from the original boardgame..

How about extra/alternate portrait for heroes? animated cutscenes? ^^

HPL_Fan, you can still play offline, you just don't get the gold.

Sooooo, if you play offline, you don't earn gold. But have fun.

If you don't play because you are offline, you don't earn gold AND you don't have fun.

I play offline often. I don't need gold, and I have fun.

• Like 4

Pathfinder Adventures.

It's a great game with lots of replayability

Pathfinder Adventures.It's a great game with lots of replayability

Terribly clever of you. Only I don't want to burn out on Pathfinder. Anybody else have suggestions?

Um ... So .... What game should I play while waiting form the update. Seriously looking for recommendations

King of Dragon Pass.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle