Permadeath: OFF

Mode: Quest

Party Members: Merisiel, Kyra, Seoni, Lini

Turn Order: as party order

Scenario: Swallowtail Festival

Difficulty: Normal

Wildcards: unknown

Trigger: Nualia combat

So things were getting a little tight so I figured that Seoni and Lini could take out Nualia between them as they both had an Amulet of Protection and enough to defeat one check without needing to use too many Blessings.

Lini went first and screwed up (I have *never* seen as many rolled 1s as I saw in this scenario - multiple triple or more 1s across the scenario; also, there seems to be something odd about Lini, she's *waaaaay* more unlucky than any other character). She took damage and was out of cards.

So our hopes rated with Seoni (not that it mattered, the battle was already lost). Only I couldn't select any cards on Seoni's screen!

Did Lini have to succeed at her check to allow Seoni to attempt the second check?

Screenies: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0kidx8s7pp7xlc/AABI4UOflcQfMLyCKGGic-v0a?dl=0

7 answers to this question

Aha! Spotted the subtle purple button (OK, it's not so small, but it's outside my "field of view")! It worked, but didn't help - that darn D4 damage followed by 2 checks boosted by +1/defeated Henchman is just too harsh. If you don't have armour you're toast :(

Edited by mccrispy

Also, a point of order, monsters with two checks require you to defeat both to defeat the monster, unless specified otherwise. Your post seems to suggest you thought Seoni could pull it out, but all she was doing was avoiding damage. If you have a character with no cards and don't need to pass the check, best to have them take it, since they have nothing to discard.