Does "Heart of the Storm" enhance "Spark the Souls of the Righteous"?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I cannot find any reliable info on the possible sinergy between "Heart of the Storm" and the priest spell "Spark the Souls of the Righteous". How is damage calculated if the priest has this talent and casts this spell?

Some guides say that taking Heart of the Storm on a priest has a beneficial effect on this spell's damage output for the entire party; while other insist that as the shock damage is inflicted by other party members this talent's bonus will not be applied.

Is "Heart of the Storm" worth taking for a preist at all, given the scarcity of shock-damage spells in the priest's arsenal?

Okay, thanks.

I know that Scion of Flame is the better option for priest but I'm not taking it for RP reasons for my current character.

Was just wondering if it could be possible to further amplify the effects of "Spark the Souls".

In fact, Heart of the Storm does work with Spark the Souls, but only if the receiving ally has it.

I also want to point out that Scion of Flame does not work with Shining Beacon and therefore might be a waste for a priest. As far as I know there's only Flaming Pillar and Searing Seal (and maybe Seal of Magran) which do direct fire damage.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

In fact, Heart of the Storm does work with Spark the Souls, but only if the receiving ally has it.

I also want to point out that Scion of Flame does not work with Shining Beacon and therefore might be a waste for a priest. As far as I know there's only Flaming Pillar and Searing Seal (and maybe Seal of Magran) which do direct fire damage.

These all do fire damage

Divine mark

Searing seal

Shining beacon (must be a bug if scion isn't working)

Pillar of holy fire

Storm of holy fire

Hand of wale and woe

Symbol of magran

Ah, right, I forgot some spells. I seldomly use anything else for damage than Shining Beacon, so... ;)

Shining Beacon doesn't work because all the elemental booster talents like Scion of FLame don't work with damge over time, only direct damage. It's stupid, but it's not a bug. It was reported long ago and the devs don't do anything about it, so I guess it's intended or to difficult to fix.

Shining Beacon has DoT and therefore doesn't work.

The rest you mentioned does work with Scion of Flame. Brilliant Radiance also works I guess (but not the burn damage against vessels, it's also DoT). But it'S damage is so low that it doesn't matter.

So if you plan to use Divine Mark and Pillar of Holy Fire a lot, than Scion of Flame ist worth the investment. I seldomly use those because Shining Beacon is just so awesome - especially together with Cleansing Flame (which also doesn't work with Scion of Flame). So maybe that illustrates better why I consider Scion of Flame to be a bit of a waste for my priests.  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods