New treasure chest cards are coming!

How about Adventure Specific Treasure Chest that cost a bit more then Normal Treasure Chest?

Normal Chest - everything on it..except latest adventure release..after sometime the latest cards will be added to it ( till the next release? )

Adventure Specific - Cards that are from that adventure only..perhaps alternate art to add to total card pool.

• 1 month later...

Commons don't come from chests.  Those are the ones we get from the main set, the adventure decks, and the Character Add-on deck.  No borders.

Good point.  I think I was thinking of the basic tier cards, which I do see from chests, and opening chests is typically where I'm looking closer at card rarity.  That all cards coming from a chest are uncommon or better is both good to know from a rarity point of view but also a good reason to buy more chests - you not only get to adjust the ratio of cards available in your vault but you also are not going to be filling up your vault with common cards by doing so.

Added this to the wiki for future reference: http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Digital/Cards#Card_Rarity

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

That all cards coming from a chest are uncommon or better is both good to know from a rarity point of view but also a good reason to buy more chests - you not only get to adjust the ratio of cards available in your vault but you also are not going to be filling up your vault with common cards by doing so.

While not 100% consistent, here's an easier way to understand the relationship between rarity, adventure decks, and relative difficulty:

- When your cards are about on par with the scenario (all commons, no treasures), it's balanced so that you win about half the time.

- The "rarer" a card is, the more it behaves like a card from a "higher" than it's adventure deck number.

- The more rare/epic/legendary cards you have in play, the more you're outgunning the scenario, thus reducing the overall difficulty.

I guess my point is that there's generally nothing wrong with Common cards.  They aren't "common" in a trading card or Magic: The Gathering sense, they're just the normal cards found in the game.  What makes the treasure card add-ons different is that rarer cards might be "half an adventure deck" or "a full adventure deck" more powerful than the number seen on the card, thus giving the player a little extra edge in the game.

- When your cards are about on par with the scenario (all commons, no treasures), it's balanced so that you win about half the time.

Is this a metaphor or an actual statement from Mike and the other PACG Devs? I find this to be a ridiculously gross overestimation of the difficulty in the game. Even Wrath of the Righteous (supposedly the hardest one so far)  I only failed 3 out of the 39 scenarios.

Is this a metaphor or an actual statement from Mike and the other PACG Devs? I find this to be a ridiculously gross overestimation of the difficulty in the game. Even Wrath of the Righteous (supposedly the hardest one so far)  I only failed 3 out of the 39 scenarios.

I tend to agree with you.  I'm winning over 80% of the scenarios on Legendary difficulty (Quest Mode).

Hi Aarik, I thought the Heavyload Belt card was suppose to be with this patch, was I mistaking?

Where did you get this information? I didn't see this posted anywhere by a dev. And it is not displayed in the Gallery as an unlockable treasure card.

Can someone clarify -- are all of the current treasure cards in the vault actually obtainable? (I still have quite a bunch to go - most of them legendary, but curious especially on the non-legendary if they actually exist).

Thanks!

I am 99% sure that all of the cards currently displayed in the vault are obtainable. There is only one card I know of that has not been reported as unlocked, which is The Dragon Smiter (I think)

Edited by firestormkirby

Hi Aarik, I thought the Heavyload Belt card was suppose to be with this patch, was I mistaking?

Where did you get this information? I didn't see this posted anywhere by a dev. And it is not displayed in the Gallery as an unlockable treasure card.

Nathan posted it a about two months ago.  

Still, only one or two unobtainable cards is a fair bit better than where things were back in June.

Nathan posted it a about two months ago.  

Still, only one or two unobtainable cards is a fair bit better than where things were back in June.

Hmm, well there are a few discrepancies with that list. Not that there is anything wrong with that, development isn't 100% perfect. But at least it isn't showing up in the gallery.

Can someone clarify -- are all of the current treasure cards in the vault actually obtainable? (I still have quite a bunch to go - most of them legendary, but curious especially on the non-legendary if they actually exist).

Thanks!

I am 99% sure that all of the cards currently displayed in the vault are obtainable. There is only one card I know of that has not been reported as unlocked, which is The Dragon Smiter (I think)

If we're talking about unlocking cards by getting them in treasure chests, I've gotten a copy of this one.

http://imgur.com/YXo5FGu

• 2 weeks later...