New treasure chest cards are coming!

Did i miss something about the bounty of norgober ? It's the only one that seems to be stricly *inferior* to the basic blessing, as the blessing of norgober gives 2 dice to acquire any boon.

Or is it maybe that the bounties are supposed to be weaker on average that the corresponding blessing, and mainly used to increase the number of blessing of the corresponding god to allow for more recharge ?

• Like 3

Why do Epic and Legendary have the same art?

I can't understand why you didn't add an extra leaf for Legendary or something.

It just seems weird to have two that are the same, but different. 

If I cared about the difference legendary and rare, I don't, I would have to keep checking this post to see which was better.

Did i miss something about the bounty of norgober ? It's the only one that seems to be stricly *inferior* to the basic blessing, as the blessing of norgober gives 2 dice to acquire any boon.

Or is it maybe that the bounties are supposed to be weaker on average that the corresponding blessing, and mainly used to increase the number of blessing of the corresponding god to allow for more recharge ?

Bounties are only good for acquiring. If you look at the other ones they all correspond to acquiring certain boons. But I do agree that this bounty seems a bit out of place.

I too don't get why Bounty of Norgorber is strictly inferior to the normal Blessing (also compared with the other 2 Bounties, which while not necessarilly stornger than their Blessing counterparts, still seem to diversify the applicable checks).

Also, all of the Blessing Adventur Deck numbers seem to be all over the place, but I guess this has more to do with spreading the Treasures over all ADs rather than following any particular game logic.

And finally, what in the flying Pharasma is the Legion Armor supposed to be depixieing?

All in all, awesome loot list. GET IT OVER HERE!

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Awesome we are getting new cards to the game. But I do have to say, I think Favors are a little bit overpowering for the game. You would want those instead of normal Blessings, which would eventually phase the Blessings out entirely. I think that instead of the Favor being a discard, it should be a banish, in order to gain the crazy bonus and to have a second blessing played. You would then hold onto those for extreme circumstances. Then gain a Blessing of the God's when you reset your starting deck at the end of the game (unless you found another Blessing or Favor).

Awesome news! Also interested in when the patch will be out.

With regards to Bounty of Norgorber:

Isn't the normal Blessing of Norg a deck 2 card? (not 100% sure, can't check right now).

This one is a deck 1 card.

And the normal Blessing of Norg is better than all the bounties (not just Bounty of Norg, but also the other Bounties), and the bounties are consistent. So in terms of gameplay (if Blessing of Norgorber indeed is deck 2), then this bounty is balanced and consistent. Perhaps the name Norgorber should not be used if people associate it with '2 dice for any boon', but if it was just renamed to one of the other gods, I don't think anyone would mind the card existing (or argue if it is not balanced)

EDIT:

Just googled and found it out:

==> Normal Blessing of Norg is a deck 3 (!) card, so yeah, the bounty is fine for balance purposes, perhaps the name is just unfortunate...

Edited by TheSoulflame

Let me start by saying that, personally, I'm not too excited about the prospect of extra blessings in the treasure chests. When I open a chest, I'd much rather find an exotic weapon, item, or spell that significantly increases my characters' capabilities than a fancy blessing that's only marginally better than a plain old Blessing of the Gods. The blessings are fun and nice, so I'm somewhat excited to see all these, just not too excited. :) 

That being said, there's a key piece of these blessings that is being overlooked.

The bounties are not strictly inferior to the Blessing of Norgorber. They recharge if the top card "has the XYZ trait," whereas the original Blessing of Norgorber only recharges if the top card is exactly another Blessing of Norgorber. This means that, for example, the Bounty of Torag will recharge if the top card is a Bounty of Torag, a Favor of Torag, or the original Blessing of Torag. That's a substantial upgrade to these blessings' rechargeability. By using one of these blessings, you're essentially sacrificing a bit of power in exchange for a much greater (double or triple) chance that the blessing will be recharged. Now one could reasonably argue that this advantage isn't significant enough to outweigh the cost, but it's a far cry from strict inferiority.

The bounties are not strictly inferior to the Blessing of Norgorber. They recharge if the top card "has the XYZ trait," whereas the original Blessing of Norgorber only recharges if the top card is exactly another Blessing of Norgorber. 

Sorry, this is not true. The Blessings within the game have been errata'd to use the same "has the XYZ trait" that the bounties and favors have. So they're the exact same in that aspect.

The main (read: only) advantage to the bounties are that they have a lower adventure deck number, so you're able to get them earlier on (deck 1, instead of deck 3).

• Like 1

The bounties are not strictly inferior to the Blessing of Norgorber. They recharge if the top card "has the XYZ trait," whereas the original Blessing of Norgorber only recharges if the top card is exactly another Blessing of Norgorber. 

Sorry, this is not true. The Blessings within the game have been errata'd to use the same "has the XYZ trait" that the bounties and favors have. So they're the exact same in that aspect.

The main (read: only) advantage to the bounties are that they have a lower adventure deck number, so you're able to get them earlier on (deck 1, instead of deck 3).

Not even that. Look at the Favors, most of them are AD B or 1, and they are much more powerful than Bounties in that you can play more than one.

Holy Text adds 2d4 to a Divine non-combat check.

How common are these checks?

The check to acquire a card with the Divine trait, for example, isn't a Divine check. The traits of the card you are trying to acquire aren't added to the check. It is for this reason that Paizo created the idea "invokes".

The only relevant checks I can think of are:

-- closing checks

-- checks to recharge cards

Given that, it makes sense this is a B item. Still, I don't think I would carry it, except perhaps if I just had one Cure and had a high chance of failing the recharge check.

Holy Text adds 2d4 to a Divine non-combat check.

How common are these checks?

The check to acquire a card with the Divine trait, for example, isn't a Divine check. The traits of the card you are trying to acquire aren't added to the check. It is for this reason that Paizo created the idea "invokes".

The only relevant checks I can think of are:

-- closing checks

-- checks to recharge cards

Given that, it makes sense this is a B item. Still, I don't think I would carry it, except perhaps if I just had one Cure and had a high chance of failing the recharge check.

Divine checks to acquire (like divine spells and all blessings), BYA Divine checks to play spell, and of course Divine checks to defeat monsters like Spectre, Ghost, Rogors Craesby, Iesha Foxglove, Seleval and Zaelsar. So there are a few things :)

• Like 2