About how long?

actusreus73

Question

16 answers to this question

Wish they'd pick up the pace; ran into a fairly bad bug and I can't really advance the game properly until it gets addressed in the patch, and since I'm on GoG, I can't opt into the patch beta.

I hope Obsidian will take all the time that is needed to fix as much bugs as possible. I'm in no hurry and I guess my next playthrough is some months away. Because I'm not part of this beta I also hope that many of you are still playing it to find all these nasty bugs. Thanks for that :no:

I really have.  And i know games have bugs; I expect that.  But I've just run into a lot more on this game than maybe any other pc title i've ever played.  And big ones too, bugs that aren't incidental.  Frustrated.  But the fact that i'm here whining about it shows I like the game.  Just wish i could, you know, play it :)

I hope Obsidian will take all the time that is needed to fix as much bugs as possible. I'm in no hurry and I guess my next playthrough is some months away. Because I'm not part of this beta I also hope that many of you are still playing it to find all these nasty bugs. Thanks for that :no:

Four months...  they can't fix that annoying gamebreaking bug for fourth month, for god's sake! Just imagine some other game, like ME or Falluot4, if they had a bug like this... it would have been fixed in a day or even in hours.

This says a lot about OE.

Edited by SkaenTemple

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. How does a patch as seemingly minor as this one take a month to beta test?! I get this is Bugsidian we are talking about, but this is just a new level of absurd for me.

I had been really enjoying the game up until I ran into the bug that prevents NPCs from turning hostile when scripted cropped up, but now a lot of my enthusiasm for it has drained.

I really want them to nail this patch, so I'm still okay with waiting. But if they do introduce additional bugs in the process of patching (e.g. the case of Confident Aim currently in the Beta) I will be spitting blood, I have literally never heard of a company introduce more bugs in the process of patching.

So please Obsidian, fix the current bugs, do not introduce more bugs - and I will be content.

Still, there's things like the weird paralysis bug on summoned creatures where if they're paralysed when they die they appear on every map - I doubt they'll ever fix that and it is immersion breaking. On the whole I would have enjoyed this game dramatically more if the game had had dramatically less bugs, and although that sounds like stating the obvious most games are reasonably playable on release but Pillars certainly wasn't - and for some reason they've never quite mastered kicking all the bugs into touch.

… Think about how many people work on the patch, maybe 4, maybe less, the rest works on the next project, there is no 20 man 2h emergency release crew like blizzard has one for their 5 server farms.

If this really is the final patch, or the final major patch at the very least, it wouldn't hurt them to delegate workflow away from a current project and into this for a couple of weeks to get it really ironed out. Diablo II for example had a great history of patching, and though there was a multiplayer online element I always thought it was more of a single player game, and Blizzard continued to support that because it made the player base happy and satisfied with their purchase.

While Obsidian did introduce new free content in patches (the Stronghold stuff), their haphazard support for getting the really irritating bugs out of the game has been a bit poor. From my perspective, I'd had preferred a solid bug fixing of irritating issues, both major and minor - rather than the new content  - in the first place.

Even though they won't be making money by supporting this game further, I think the fact there is a tangible lack of support when it was crowd funded is quite frankly not good enough.

Four months...  they can't fix that annoying gamebreaking bug for fourth month, for god's sake! Just imagine some other game, like ME or Falluot4, if they had a bug like this... it would have been fixed in a day or even in hours.

Yeah there's ... Almost no game-breaking bugs at all in Fallout 4! And these are just common ones.

Anyway, I'm sure the patch'll be out by 2018.