Yesterday night i discovered for the first time that all the spells that do aoe DMG over time actually STAK WITH THEMSELF. I had always tought that a new chill cloud wuould have suppressed the existing One, but instead they stack wonderfully. So i took my time having a bilestomper® like wizard in Ice version cast the impossible in the good old craghold buffs. The stack of 4 chill fogs and 4 freezing pillars upon masses of petryfied or proned mobs is one of my best experieces in Poe so far!

Just to point this if someone else was not aware of the think. At the same time i have to excuse to boeroer for having doubt the Firepower ( corrode-power actually) of the bilestomper build

• Like 2

Yeah, it's really nice. Actually I had to decide whether I should post a Chillfog wizard (basically a pale elf with crossed patch ;)) or a Bilestomper wizard. I went for Bilestomper because you can stack defenses against poison better than against cold (it's important if you want to cast those spells on yourself without getting hurt). I reserved the ice theme for the Chillfog chanter build. :) 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes. I tryed both version and altough the corrode is more stilish... come on! Chilling cloud, freezing pillar, bitter mooring, kalakoth freezing rake, Ice blast >>> malignant cloud and noxious burst... the pale Elf Ice version is much more powerful

• Like 1

Yesterday night i discovered for the first time that all the spells that do aoe DMG over time actually STAK WITH THEMSELF. I had always tought that a new chill cloud wuould have suppressed the existing One, but instead they stack wonderfully.

No wonder)

Provided that we don't get multiple dot icons on the target.

• Like 1

You forgot Death Ring :)

The main point was that Bikestomper's defenses against his own poison are so high (above 230) that he will never hit himself while standing in his own sauce.

The ice version might have a higher variety of damaging spells, but even the highest DR will still let MIN damage go through - which can be bad enough for a wizard if he wants to stand in his own AoE in order to tank & punish.

But sure - it's very cool, so to say. :D

Why don't you post that as a build? I would be happy to read that.

You forgot Death Ring :)

The main point was that Bikestomper's defenses against his own poison are so high (above 230) that he will never hit himself while standing in his own sauce.

The ice version might have a higher variety of damaging spells, but even the highest DR will still let MIN damage go through - which can be bad enough for a wizard if he wants to stand in his own AoE in order to tank & punish.

But sure - it's very cool, so to say. :D

Why don't you post that as a build? I would be happy to read that.

In the next day, writing that from my smartphone is really irritating with italiano autocorrect

• Like 1

That's a shame - I would like to read from another Rodriguez*, although that was spanish autocorrect. :lol:

)* Who in this forum remembers Rodriguez, hm?  :yes:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Well I reckon there are a fair number of geriatrics on this forum, so I'm sure memory is a problem... :)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

All cold spells (save Chill Fog) target reflexes and it should be possible to reach 220 or close with a large shield and LLengrath's Displaced Image - that's enough to ensure ensure immunity if you keep your accuracy under 135.

And Chillfog is one of the best spells there is - especially because you can have it at lvl 1 and it has that great debuff. But until you get that crossed patch the blinding effect is pretty annoying, it targets fortitude - and once you catch that you get hit pretty often by your own Chillfog. With the patch it's awesome.

The Bilestomper variant has a defense against his own spells that is >230 without resting bonuses/spells/potions/scrolls or any other buffs that you have to cast. To be honest most of the time it's total overkill. But it spares you the fuzz of buffing - instead you can just cast your poisonous stuff right from the start.

I also wanted to make something useful out of a Mountain Dwarf. ;)

But as I said: the ice version is also great. Even if you don't manage do completely miss yourself with Chillfog you still have the very high DR of a pale elf which obviously helps a lot - even if it doesn't nullify the damage.

Yeah, true classic like Buttercut and Wutherstrike ^^

Wuthering Strike, you poser :p

There was also a dragon husky thing once, wasn't there? Somene called the Alpine Dragon droggie and it became the ultimate Ranger pet, if I remember well.

EDIT: but my favorite is of course, fighters getting Knock Knock Knocking (down) on Heaven's door as an ultimate skill.

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 3

Blame my kids: 4, 2, under 1 year old. They wake up quite early and love to jump up, scream and run around once they open their eyes. ;) Ok, the little one only screams...

The damage from soul whip works like the damage bonus from Sneak Attack, Savage Attack, high MIG and so on. It just adds +20% or +40% onto your basic weapon damage. YOu can't see it's doings directly in the combat log (just like with sneak attack). YOu can just observe that you do much higher damage than without. You could test that like so: hit the same target a couple of times with and without Soul Whip on. Soul Whip turns off once you reach maximum focus.

I can't recall if the bonus damage is displayed on the character sheet when you look at your weapons' damage - like it does when you have Savage Attack activated. Maybe it does not because it's a circumstancial bonus like Sneak Attack (affliction or not / focus full or not). 

Edited by Boeroer

I can't recall if the bonus damage is displayed on the character sheet when you look at your weapons' damage - like it does when you have Savage Attack activated. Maybe it does not because it's a circumstancial bonus like Sneak Attack (affliction or not / focus full or not).

It does appear... but only if you open the character sheet during combat.

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 1

Ah, good to know - thanks. :)

Could have guessed that because in the combat log you can see that Soul Whip gets activated once an encounter starts.

Edited by Boeroer

I think the reason the Sneak Attack bonus is impossible to see in the combat log is because it is checked and applied per attack, instead of being part of the character. Other boni that depend on the target, like Slayer enchantments and talents don't show up on the character sheet, do they?

Edited by DreamWayfarer