Can we exchange cards in future updates ?

Consider i have a useless bow (example a legendary bow) but my friend need the bow. if my friend have a good sword we can exchange these cards. What's wrong? Developable new security methots for sinister farmers.

I'm new learning English, therefore i make edit very often. 

Before that they need to address the fact that it will take years of play or thousands of dollars to have anything worth trading.

However, I agree that trading probably isn't a good idea. Opens a whole new rmt market.

Additionally, could you imagine having multiple accounts, and farming a bunch of the desirable cards, then dumping them all into one POWER account? This could ruin multiplayer.

It would need to be limited, as in how many of each card you can have, and what cards can be traded. For example if I have 3 accounts, trade off all of my Healing Staffs, Deathbane Crossbows, Heavy Crossbows, etc. into my main account. I would be able to have a crazy robust account.

I guess "Help" and "Ruin" are subjective terms. If you mean let you win a majority of the time, then yes it would help. In my view the game is already easy enough, this would just make it much easier, thus ruining it.

• Like 1

What about exchanging cards from treasure chests in vaults? Say one person has 2 Slayer Bows, but no Slayer Sword, and other has 2 swords, but no bow, so they exchange and each has both a sword and a bow in their vaults (but not decks, until they encounter said cards while playing)

Well, I'm kind of hoping multiplayer won't be random, so I can stick with people I subjectively enjoy playing with. If, however it's more of the Organized Play model, you'd have to hope for the best. If people want to make an easy game easier just to experience the story of it, I'm not hurt by that. It's different in a competitive or pay-to-win game.

Edited by Bampop

Maybe I'm slow today,, but how exactly would those 'farmers' make money?

As for multiplayer, I'm pretty sure if and when it comes online it will have contingencies anyway. The fact that I'm not 'farming' doesn't mean I can't have gotten lucky and decked out my character with overpower treasures. Also, consider that the Treasures are supposed to be 'extra' boons not normally found in the RotR decks, not 'overpowered' cards as such. And if any are - this is an issue in and of itself, regardless of multiplayer, farming or trading.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

As for multiplayer, I'm pretty sure if and when it comes online it will have contingencies anyway. The fact that I'm not 'farming' doesn't mean I can't have gotten lucky and decked out my character with overpower treasures. Also, consider that the Treasures are supposed to be 'extra' boons not normally found in the RotR decks, not 'overpowered' cards as such. And if any are - this is an issue in and of itself, regardless of multiplayer, farming or trading.

By selling legendaries or hard to find cards.

If you can only trade treasures then it wouldn't be very over powered, but if you can trade all cards it could be.

That would involve sending money to some shady character's bank account BEFORE he hopefully, maybe gifts you the card in-game? Maybe I've take one 'Faith in Humanity' Feat too much, as I don't believe that would become a practice (or at least not significantly common one).

But yeah, given that trading would directly cannibalize Obsidian's chest sales, even without farmers, I dont see that happening.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

That would involve sending money to some shady character's bank account BEFORE he hopefully, maybe gifts you the card in-game? Maybe I've take one 'Faith in Humanity' Feat too much, as I don't believe that would become a practice (or at least not significantly common one).

But yeah, given that trading would directly cannibalize Obsidian's chest sales, even without farmers, I dont see that happening.

They do it for lots of other online games. WoW for example:

http://www.igxe.com/WOW/buy-WOW-Gold-WorldofWarcraft/BOE-Weapons/allServer-USD.html

They do it for lots of other online games. WoW for example:

http://www.igxe.com/WOW/buy-WOW-Gold-WorldofWarcraft/BOE-Weapons/allServer-USD.html

Sad but true.  Pretty much any game that has some kind of commerce draws folks who want your money in exchange for whatever the currency is.  Imagine in a game like this, if those Staff of Healing/Improved Healing/True Healing were actually in game right now.  How much would you pay to have a few copies in your vault without the hassle of digging through a million chests to find them?

Speaking of farming, I bet now that the Humble Bundle has expired there are people selling the Chest Codes.

no need to bet actually:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pathfinder-Adventures-40-Chests-Android-ISO-Key-/252426740041?hash=item3ac5ce6149:g:PJUAAOSwepJXYeOK

I'm sure this black marketeer is kender =) Creating powerful account not need farmers. (Specially in treasure system) Consider I have very very rich father. I bought and open more more more treasure chest and created a very powerful character. Very high probability, there are very rich players among us =)

Edited by AsocialKnight

Speaking of farming, I bet now that the Humble Bundle has expired there are people selling the Chest Codes.

no need to bet actually:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pathfinder-Adventures-40-Chests-Android-ISO-Key-/252426740041?hash=item3ac5ce6149:g:PJUAAOSwepJXYeOK

I'm sure this black marketeer is kender =) Creating powerful account not need farmers. (Specially in treasure system) Consider I have very very rich father. I bought and open more more more treasure chest and created a very powerful character. Very high probability, there are very rich players among us =)

True, but at least you are paying obsidian for the privilege of being more powerful. Which supports the company and the game. The more money the game brings in, the more resources the company can put on the project. which in turn means a better app for everyone.

True, but at least you are paying obsidian for the privilege of being more powerful. Which supports the company and the game. The more money the game brings in, the more resources the company can put on the project. which in turn means a better app for everyone.

True, but rich players damage to games in longtime periot. Balanced system will change to pay2win system. I think, the players who too much spend gold as detrimental as farmers. Yes developers earns money but non-rich gamers will be unhappy.

Edited by AsocialKnight

True, but rich players damage to games in longtime periot. Balanced system changed to pay2win system. I think, the players who too much spend gold as detrimental as farmers. Yes developers earns money but non-rich gamers will be unhappy.

That all depends on the company. From what we've seen from Obsidian, they are comfortably keeping the balance between F2P and P2P. Obsidian has a good catalogue of games, and hasn't really shown much drive in going exclusively P2P. So no, I don't think rich players will destroy this game in the long run.

• Like 1

I'm fine with rich players giving money to Obsidian.  It's when they give money to each other that you start getting into weird territory.

It's WAY worse with MMOs, since in this case, a "professional" player won't be camping a quest or mob for a specific drop, preventing other people from going for the same thing...  Everyone can farm for gold simultaneously.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I really hope not.

This game needs less multiplayer focus IMO, and less game breaking features that involve stuff that has nothing to do with the board game. 

It needs more single player focus, and needs to fix the stuff that's broken, and needs to speed up it's content schedule.  

Edited by wakasm