Quest mode characters locked

Irgy

Question

Three of my "experienced" characters in quest mode have locks next to them and can't be selected. The behaviour is just as if there was already another instance of the same character in the party except that there isn't. It's persistent across restarts etc.

I searched these forums and found some old posts about this problem, some claiming it was meant to have been fixed (in a won't freshly happen again sense) in the last patch but it clearly hasn't been fixed completely. Some of the posts said the characters just disappeared after a while. The whole thing is extremely disheartening, especially given what a grind quest mode is in the first place.

Is there any news on this issue?

VER-480-20160602

PFID-6DC88A9ADD180E28

23 answers to this question

I've encountered this problem and I've found what fixes it is starting the game with a party they're already in and then forfeiting and quitting out completely.

I can't do that, it's quest mode, there's no such thing as a party unless you're literally in the middle of a game already and just press continue, or you've just finished a game and you're put straight into the difficulty selection screen. Every time I exit quest mode completely I have to reform my party including remembering who was in it. At least that's how it's always worked for me. I've certainly never seen the party select screen like there is in story mode.

I did try starting another party to see if that cleared things up, at one point after that the lock symbol was gone but I still couldn't actually select the players.

Ah yeah I only encountered this in story mode.  Did you try adding new versions of the locked heroes to a party before quitting?  

I never rearrange my parties in the first place in story mode to have seen this happen. I hadn't tried adding new versions, but I have now (it was an epic game too). I came out of the game, and of course the characters were locked because they were in my new party, and then even the character who isn't bugged-out didn't seem to unlock properly when I took him out of the party. So I went back to the main menu and now everything's as it was.

Hey Igry, 

This was fixed in the last patch, but we'll take a look at it again and see whats going on. Thanks for posting your PFID#, that way we can grab your save file.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for caring+replying. It's definitely happened since the last patch, I don't think I even had the game installed on this particular device before the last patch (was playing on another older device before). It sounds like I've found some new corner case. I can't honestly say for sure exactly what the last thing I did was before they got locked, but I'm fairly sure I was playing a quest mode game with them. Whether I was in the middle of a mission or not I don't know. It's the level 13 Seoni, Kyra and Amiri who are locked. Harsk is an odd case, he's always been in the same party as them but didn't get locked.

Incidentally... what's the status on transferring quest characters between devices (on the same account)? Is it possible yet?

Edited by Irgy

This has been reported after that last patch to fix this.  I agree, it is definitely not fixed.  I'm pretty sure I did exactly what used to cause this before the patch.  I created a quest mode party using some experienced characters, then backed out instead of going to the next adventure.  Bam, locked characters.  I've only had it happen in quest mode.  Lost a couple characters in quest mode to this.

Link to the other post after the patch, and the one I chimed in on:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/87628-quest-locked-characters/

This was fixed in the last patch

No it wasn't! I'm on 1.0.3.5 and today I created a Quest party using New Characters by mistake (why the heck is that the default when you have experienced characters?). I launched the Game (i.e. Quest), realised my mistake and Quit, then I realised that I'd have to Forfeit, so I did so. Now two of the four Experienced characters (two of the four whose "New" was in the aborted party) are locked and can't be used again! I've just started rebuilding my Questing crew after the upgrade to 1.0.3.5 caused me lose all my Quest progress and now I have another break in my Quest. Edited by mccrispy

Hello team,

Don't want to create a new thread about it. I had to reinstall the game yesterday and all my experienced characters disappeared. Campaign saves works properly, but Quest characters disappeared. Could you please help me with that? 

VER-552-20160804

PFID-ED1B4689B4C45C35 

Hello team,

Don't want to create a new thread about it. I had to reinstall the game yesterday and all my experienced characters disappeared. Campaign saves works properly, but Quest characters disappeared. Could you please help me with that? 

VER-552-20160804

PFID-ED1B4689B4C45C35

I'm afraid that you've had it on that one. I had the same when the only way to fix a problem with installing 1.0.3.x was to uninstall. You need to backup your Quests because they aren't saved in the Cloud, they are only saved locally, which means that they are deleted when you uninstall. Bummer! I feel your pain.

Hello team,

VER-552-20160804

PFID-ED1B4689B4C45C35

I'm afraid that you've had it on that one. I had the same when the only way to fix a problem with installing 1.0.3.x was to uninstall. You need to backup your Quests because they aren't saved in the Cloud, they are only saved locally, which means that they are deleted when you uninstall. Bummer! I feel your pain.

These aren't the answers I was looking for ©

It's very sad news. I had 6 20lvl heroes :\ Someone may say it's not a big problem, but it's very sad for me... precious time...

Hi,

I have a quest character locked too. I started a quest, the game locked up while loading the scenario and I had to kill the app. On restart Harsk was locked with "Party Status: In A Party".

My info is:

iPad Air 2

iOS 9.3.4

VER-552-20160804

PFID-88D8FA086AA26A97

I'd appreciate if you could fix the character or restore the quest data to a working point in time. Thanks!