Lini Safe Closer Build (Wild Warden)

Char. Name: Lini

Level: 37

Specialization: Wild Warden

Skill Feat: +3 Wisdom, +1 Str

Power Feat: 5 Hand Size, Light Armor and Weapon Proficiency, Superior Animal Trick

Card Feat: +1 Ally, +1 Spell

Weapons: None

Item: Greater Luck Stone, Kohl of Uncanny Discernment

Spells: 2 Holy Light,1 Find Trap, 4 Aids (currently at 3 Improved and 1 Greater Aid)

Armors: None

Allies: Giant Badger, Monkey, Sabertooth Tiger, Lizard

Blessings: 4 Blessings of Shelyn

This is hybrid Lini in which she is a decent Boon-Hunter, non-Blessing Supporter and all-around Non-Combat closer.

Wild Warden to maximize Animal Trickery

Wisdom can be just +2, but early levels of Animal Trick is not enough to close out Wisdom Location, Blessing Boons or recharge the spells

Str is to give her some combat consistency and better + on melee boons.

5 Handsize is good enough for her, minimizing risk on the occasional bad henchmen/boss pull

Could go on without Light Armor proficiency but as I said its early game survival.

Weapon proficiency so you don't have to discard that weapon you just rolled for and be not Holy Light dependant on the occasional Ambushes or bad pull.

Badger for better Stride-like effects

Monkey for the Boons

Tiger can be replaced.

Lizard for dual closeout (Stealth/Survival..although Animal Trick is enough most of the time)

Blessings are for Wisdom Assists or General dice boost for other members. Explore is a last option and only when you're short on time

Holy Lights are for those combat closeouts and undead ambushes. Do not discard if you have 1 in hand so you can aggressively explore if short on time.

Aids are rechargeable blessings using Animal Trick.

Find Traps are there for Locks and Barriers. Do not discard them.

Gameplay is positioning Lini on low-monster locations and slow exploring them. Put her Midturn so you can plan if you want to go aggresive on her turn and on the first set of turn she can fully assist everyone if needed as she will be resetting her hand for the slower characters. Gaining a weapon should be easy if no initial Holy Light is drawn. Extra explores are on blessings and allies pulled who should be easy enough to acquire via Animal Trick/Aid. Its ok to empty your hand on your other members turn, specially those who go first..empty hand means no discard if you ever pull a monster and lost. Slow play her so the others can be aggressive on their explore because they know your Aids will be there if they're in a predicament. If you close initial location early, look at your available allies or items and choose which location she can close easily..if its a far location, its no problem as she can be an extra explore on those locations she has to pass.

• Like 1

Use the Cat instead of the Tiger. It will solve your wisdom problem.

Also, with all her d4's the Scythe is a decent choice, So I use that instead of the Ally.

Then I replace Find Traps with Augery (Lets face it, once she gets animal trick leveled Find Traps is kinda just wasting space in the hand). My spells are Augeries, Holy Lights, Cures, and Greater Aid.

Edited by Kgk4569
  • Like 1

Use the Cat instead of the Tiger. It will solve your wisdom problem.

Also, with all her d4's the Scythe is a decent choice, So I use that instead of the Ally.

Then I replace Find Traps with Augery (Lets face it, once she gets animal trick leveled Find Traps is kinda just wasting space in the hand). My spells are Augeries, Holy Lights, Cures, and Greater Aid.

Find trap isnt for her. Its for support.

• Like 1