Wounding Spear-Axe +1 has conflicting traits

Sweet_Sadie

Question

6 answers to this question

I wouldn't know if this correct, however:

- you can assume the Weapon is Two-Handed when you use it normally (Combat) for its full potential; however, maybe you can theoretically also clumsily use it as an off-hand weapon, to support a one-handed weapon in your main hand

Now, this won't matter at all for the currently available characters, but to my knowledge there are Class Deck characters whose powers fire off the Offhand trait. So theoretically you could have "Recharge a weapon with the Off-hand trait to add 1d4 to your combat check" or "...to prevent 2 combat damage dealt to you.". So the card was probably designed with these possibilities in mind. Used properly, the Spear-Axe is obviously Two-handed, while the Offhand trait is quite uncommon - so it seem unlikely that it got on the card as a copy-paste error or a similar bug.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

It is the same in the original card, so it should be ok. (Ranger deck)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbgbkv71y6w3msd/Photo%2021.6.2016%2015.09.06.jpg?dl=0

There Are some characters, that can use it, like Lonshot allready said.

Here is one From the ranger deck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm3w6kb5ci0lkwr/Photo%2021.6.2016%2015.14.43.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

It also just occurred to me: for purposes of playing Shields ("Can't play this card if you played Two-Handed weapon") it also makes sense to treat Offhands as Two-handed. And at least in the main card game sets this is the only thing the Two-Handed trait is used for (can't guarantee for Class Decks)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

But all the powers that use the Offhand trait don't, to my knowledge (I'm willing, as always, to be wrong), involve using the Offhand card to establish the check, and therefore the traits on the Offhand card don't get added to the check, and FURTHER-Therefore, wouldn't prevent you from playing a shield.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."