[3.03 beta] Galawain's Maw bug: The old queen and the new king instantly resolved

Faldorn

Question

Description:

After getting the quest and talking to the fangs' leader, entering the "back" of the maw and fighting some of the enemies, the "game console"(area in the bottom right of the screen that displays combat information and such) will indicate a fight between Sul and "Lioness". After a few seconds, Sul gets killed and the quest is instantly resolved.

Steps to reproduce:

This happens both when entering the area with enemies inside the Maw

- via the chasm using rope and grappling hook

- through the northwestern door behind the fangs' leader. in this case however, I can take out the first group of enemies encountered and will only trigger the figth between Sul and the lioness when moving to the next room past the stairs.

Savegame:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij0fmmsoh1n948v/9378d2da48ba4a02834be35d3dd976f6%2018099653%20GalawainsMaw.savegame?dl=0

I am a litte hesitant to post all my system specs and stuff online, but if you really need them, just say the word. ;)

Edit: Tried verifying the game cache: That seems to resolve the issue, for now. I will continue playing the area and keep you posted. Strangely, verifying the game cache also seems to have increased enemy numbers directly behind the chasm.

Edit 2: Okay, I progressed to the wall of thorns, where Sul is located and attacked by her own kin. I managed to kill the various minions attacking her before she dies. Now, she is just standing there without a selection circle and I am not able to talk to her.

Not sure how this quest is supposed to progress, but this does seem rather strange.

Edit 3: When entering Sul's lair, the cutscene triggers and everything seems to be back to normal (or at least I think so, since I haven't played this particular quest before).

Edited by Faldorn

2 answers to this question

Hey Faldorn,

A few people have been getting this in our Beta, which definitely puts a frown on my face. We should have a fix in place, my guess is that it was not retroactive. Meaning your save prior to 3.03 will still be affected. Unless of course you are experiencing this bug with a fresh save started in 3.03?

I got your back

-Sking

[Edit] Also, I'm working with the devs and trying to nail this down. Want to be sure we have a fix in place.

Hey Faldorn,

A few people have been getting this in our Beta, which definitely puts a frown on my face. We should have a fix in place, my guess is that it was not retroactive. Meaning your save prior to 3.03 will still be affected. Unless of course you are experiencing this bug with a fresh save started in 3.03?

I got your back

-Sking

[Edit] Also, I'm working with the devs and trying to nail this down. Want to be sure we have a fix in place.

Hey Sking,

thank you for your answer. To clarify: I did not start that game on 3.03, actually I only opted into the beta for 3.03. I'm not entirely sure what version I started on, but I am pretty sure it was before White March part II.

I was able to finish the quest normally after walking into Sul's lair, the "duplicate?" disappeared afterwards. So it is not that big of a deal for me.

By the way: Thank you for the ongoing support and the awesome game! :)