Werewolves in the Catacombs

PinkRose

Question

The werewolf texts adds +3 to the check of the werewolf.

The catacombs text says you can make a check to evade of 7.

However, when I encountered a werewolf in the catacombs, it added +3 to the check to evade for a total of a wisdom 10 check.

That doesn't seem right.

2 answers to this question

Um, also, when i made the Wisdom 10 check with an 18, the werewolf was destroyed.

It wasn't summoned in any way, so i don't know why it appeared defeated, but it did.

It was a little card on top of the location deck and then it disintegrated into black pieces and flew away.

I would have expected it to reshuffle into the deck, but it didn't.

Um, also, when i made the Wisdom 10 check with an 18, the werewolf was destroyed.

It wasn't summoned in any way, so i don't know why it appeared defeated, but it did.

It was a little card on top of the location deck and then it disintegrated into black pieces and flew away.

I would have expected it to reshuffle into the deck, but it didn't.

If I were to hazard a guess, the card is probably coded something like:

"If the top card of blessings discard is Blessings of the Gods, add 3 to next check; if that check is defeated - Werewolf is defeated"

The first part of this is probably the common problem with all 'raise difficulty' powers that affect wrong checks (Goblins in Approach to Thiseltop, Justice Ironbriar...).

Come to think of it, several things in recent threads make believe the code could be something like:

"If CONDITION, then DIFFICULTY INCREASE for DURATION < 1 check / 1 turn>."

If the above is right, I don't see an easy way for them to fix it but to rewrite the diffculty increase logic, to target a specific check (Werewolf's Check to Defeat in this instance)

Edited by Longshot11
  • Like 2

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.