Quest mode mixed level question

Just curious.  I've been finally playing quest mode, and loving it.  Part of the reason is that I can move characters in and out of the party as I want without as much negative effects as in story mode.  Because of that, the group I regularly play a quest with includes characters from 3rd to 7th level.  Is the 'level' of the group used to determine the cards that will be in play based on average character level, the mean, the highest level, the lowest level or some combination thereof?  I think AD1 cards become available when a character reaches level 10.  For my mixed level party lvl10 will happen for 1 character long before another.  Does that benefit the lower level character(s) in the group or hinder the higher level character(s)?

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

From a purely role playing perspective, mixed level parties tend to run into monsters the highest level can handle. Thus characters 1 or 2 levels lower can usually benefit from running with the higher levels. Much below that and they tend to not survive.

Looking at this game in particular, you can run characters of even lower level as long as you bring sufficient cures and heals to keep them alive. The reason is damage is limited to the cards they hold in their hands. If they have say 2 cards left and get pounded for 23 points of nonreducable damage, the lose the 2 cards they are holding. As long as you can keep their deck size equal to or larger than their hand size they won't die.

The group level is taken from the highest level Charecter.

I have found that playing with mixed levels works really well. It spreads out the level up rewards so that you get more variation. The difficulty is not increased that much so low level charecter a can survive ok. I had a lvl 40 rogue and a lvl 1 Barbarian - worked fine. The other advantage is that you get more XP at the higher levels. So by having 1 high level charecter you can level up the others faster.

I have found that playing with mixed levels works really well. It spreads out the level up rewards so that you get more variation. The difficulty is not increased that much so low level charecter a can survive ok. I had a lvl 40 rogue and a lvl 1 Barbarian - worked fine. The other advantage is that you get more XP at the higher levels. So by having 1 high level charecter you can level up the others faster.

Yeah, I've noticed as I switch in and out different characters to try them they do tend to level up pretty fast.  It's nice not to be hampered by a new character.  I haven't seen a lot of downside, really, other than the less cool cards in the characters' hands.  

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Yeah, I've noticed as I switch in and out different characters to try them they do tend to level up pretty fast.  It's nice not to be hampered by a new character.  I haven't seen a lot of downside, really, other than the less cool cards in the characters' hands.  

It is based off the highest level character, there's nothing worse then being a new player to a LARP and everyone is an Elder and you're a n00b Neonate and have no way to catch up!

Wait...probably should not have admitted I LARP...

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

At least your up and about, possibly outdoors, rather than sitting inside playing an app or PnP. :D

I do Mind's Eye Theatre, usually we're in a bar...in full Vampire gear...so slightly better then just being inside?

At least your up and about, possibly outdoors, rather than sitting inside playing an app or PnP. :D

I do Mind's Eye Theatre, usually we're in a bar...in full Vampire gear...so slightly better then just being inside?

Yup, bars are better!

usually we're in a bar...in full Vampire gear...

This sounds more kinky than it probably should...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

usually we're in a bar...in full Vampire gear...

This sounds more kinky than it probably should...

E037254_web.jpg

I mean, this was mostly what my get-up is when I'm playing a Follower of Set (which is most of the time).  I have other clans I play but Followers is my favorite.

I had a Malk that believed he was the second coming. He met just enough of the Lancea Sanctum's prophesies that they didn't quite want to kill him outright.

I also had a Khabit who was a demon hunter for the Lancea Sanctum. He was 7' tall, wore a long black trench hiding a fire axe and a sawed off shotgun (both 8 again weapons). He ashed a Gangrel in 1 hit.

I love playing Sanctum Vampires, they can be crazy powerful and fun if stacked right.

I had a Malk that believed he was the second coming. He met just enough of the Lancea Sanctum's prophesies that they didn't quite want to kill him outright.

I also had a Khabit who was a demon hunter for the Lancea Sanctum. He was 7' tall, wore a long black trench hiding a fire axe and a sawed off shotgun (both 8 again weapons). He ashed a Gangrel in 1 hit.

I love playing Sanctum Vampires, they can be crazy powerful and fun if stacked right.

I'm all for the long game Followers are fun because you get everyone to owe you something and, because your goals are different from the other clan's (especially if you accidentally fall onto the Path of Lilith) you get to tell really interesting stories...and mess with other's plans like nothing else

Second time today I've needed this image...

https://assets.listia.com/photos/2099e1cc6150a0e3dba5/original.jpg?s=320x320m&sig=4ee8f7378452216a&ts=1335268663

Also, isn't last lancea sanctum from NWOD (where the system is crazy broken regardless)? And Sabat vampires were cool until you remembered that paths mean you should have negative humanity, and humanity 0 is "can't be mistaken for a human in a dark alley." Pretty much everything senses that you are wrong.

Demon and Mage were more my bag. And changeling, if you wanted to play in the world of dimness as opposed to darkness, although the "everybody forgets eventually" tones could be pretty soul crushing.

• Like 1

Second time today I've needed this image...

https://assets.listia.com/photos/2099e1cc6150a0e3dba5/original.jpg?s=320x320m&sig=4ee8f7378452216a&ts=1335268663

Also, isn't last lancea sanctum from NWOD (where the system is crazy broken regardless)? And Sabat vampires were cool until you remembered that paths mean you should have negative humanity, and humanity 0 is "can't be mistaken for a human in a dark alley." Pretty much everything senses that you are wrong.

Demon and Mage were more my bag. And changeling, if you wanted to play in the world of dimness as opposed to darkness, although the "everybody forgets eventually" tones could be pretty soul crushing.

Oh dude don't go the NWOD (which is now Chronicles of Darkness *pushes glasses up*) it ends badly...Both systems have their pluses and minuses and had different goals in mind.  However I better cut myself off there because World of Darkness and Star Wars are tied for #1 things to make me fangirl about like a 12 year old girl does to Justin Bieber.