3.03 patch. Where is it?

There was word of the 3.03 patch coming out a couple of weeks ago. Steam still has not updated it. Does anyone else have it on steam yet?

I must say all these patches, expansions ect really have affected the quality of the game. I remember when I didn't want to play pillars untill all the WM expansions came out. Now I don't want to play the game untill this 3.03 patch is out.

Obsidian, for pillars 2 I hope you employ more people and attempt to rectify these bugs during development instead of doing it concurrently with the games release.

I know exactly where the 3.03 patch is.   Somewhere else.  Not to be a ****, but do you really want them to rush a patch instead of making sure it will not create any major bugs first?  This is the games last patch, seriously, they need to take their time and not release it until it is perfect because there is not likely to be anything after.

• Like 9

There was word of the 3.03 patch coming out a couple of weeks ago. Steam still has not updated it. Does anyone else have it on steam yet?

I must say all these patches, expansions ect really have affected the quality of the game. I remember when I didn't want to play pillars untill all the WM expansions came out. Now I don't want to play the game untill this 3.03 patch is out.

Obsidian, for pillars 2 I hope you employ more people and attempt to rectify these bugs during development instead of doing it concurrently with the games release.

If you are eager to get your hands on the patch, you could just try opting into the patch beta on Steam.

I am playing the beta and have not had any problems so far.

Explanation can be found here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76849-patch-betas-on-steam/

Doesn't really help us GOGers :-/ Or anyone owning the game trough any other platform for that matter. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing Pillars a few years from now still, so waiting for a more polished version seems worthwhile.

Doesn't really help us GOGers :-/ Or anyone owning the game trough any other platform for that matter. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing Pillars a few years from now still, so waiting for a more polished version seems worthwhile.

I realize that. That is really a big upside concerning Steam at the moment. However, as you said, it's not gonna matter in a few years anymore. Or maybe even earlier, if 3.03 is really the final patch. ;)

I merely pointed out the beta, since the OP explicitly asked about Steam.

I know exactly where the 3.03 patch is.   Somewhere else.  Not to be a ****, but do you really want them to rush a patch instead of making sure it will not create any major bugs first?  This is the games last patch, seriously, they need to take their time and not release it until it is perfect because there is not likely to be anything after.

Ok. Someone takes there pillars of eternity seriously.

I've just picked a class that isn't getting changed in v3.03 until the GOG release, though there's annoying bugs in v3.02 there's nothing really game breaking so it's good enough.

What class ?

I'm going Fighter, as Elric mentioned Barb and Rogues are the one's receiving overhauls. I guess I could just start my tank solo Rogue again, but now that there's better solo benefits out there I'd rather wait. Further, playing the super simple Fighter is giving me a better insight into what level to best pitch defenses at anyhow for other classes going solo.

Tbh, the stacking bug is extremely annoying. It seems like the entirety of Defiance Bay counts as a single area for the bug, so now I'm looking at 100+ deflection animats in Ondra's Gift for my solo PotD run  :facepalm: I guess I'll just have to leave them be for the time being, even at 90 I'd have thought it was doable with the Adra Beetle, but since I went to get the Adra Beetle their defenses have gone up. It's a truly sucky bug, and it's wasting my leisure time by having to do pointless crap like fetching the Adra Beetle Figurine way earlier then I would do normally, and then having to backtrack areas.

But you know, take your time and all that.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the universe is just waiting for me to break and start my first playthrough before it will allow the patch to be released. It only allows me to find my wallet the same day I cancel my cards and only allows me to win raffles when I don't show up. So I guess I owe everyone an apology...

• Like 1

There is 100% no reason to wait, the game is as polished and feature complete as it will ever be. From here on out the only patches will be minor bug fixes.

There is 100% no reason to wait, the game is as polished and feature complete as it will ever be. From here on out the only patches will be minor bug fixes.

Stacking bug ?

• Like 2

The journal bug is extremely annoying, while not gamebreaking it does remove a significant portion of the game.

I enjoy reading the journal updates as I progress through the game and with it being bugged my enjoyment of the game has been cut in half and I just get annoyed and frustrated at the game.

Until it's fixed I can't play the game.

• Like 1

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

I'm about to buy the game as it is on sale on Steam at the moment.  I know that through Steam I can use the Beta patch of 3.03.

Are the bugs mentioned above (stacking and journal bugs) fixed in the Beta version?

Also, would I need to restart a new game when the final 3.03 is released?  Because if so then I may as well wait.