Should the Dark Side be more 'seductive'?

Heal is overrated.

Stims, Drain Life... there's always options.

Or level 3 regeneration implant. Never used one light side power and always wore armor cuz it looked cooler then the robes. plus with exoskeleton got the nice bonus in dexterity and strength. Add marka ragnos gauntlets and as a melee character no one stood a chance. it was too funny on the leviathan before malak could even finish his line i started plowing into him with master flurry and he ran away without even getting one force power off. wouldn't of done any good since i was immune to most of them anyway. wish there was a dialougue or taunt option for "Who's your daddy beeee-atch?"

Ah, gotcha. Not being able to betray his own seemed out of place in the progression anyway (seeing as the other two had to do with being further and further removed from the lightside), but I didn't bother to consider that I'd misread. Silly me ;)

Anyway, makes sense now.

evil.E's got it. Regeneration, no light side powers. Not for my character. I mean, the others might have it and I'll use it, but I only ever have DS powers for myself. Even something like stun droid isn't on my list because I can just use someone else for it.

And wouldn't allowing slavery also give you DS points? Is there nothing a Jedi can do that won't lead to the dark side?

Have I not been misinformed? ;)

[quote name='Bless

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Damn straight! We've destroyed them as many times as they've destroyed us. And that was what "Brother Faith" said.

I'd figure the life of sin and then the death bed repetance.

Damn, that's a good angle. But that's not God's angle . . .

You know, Brother Faith?

If the players character falls to the DS mabey being a dark character you mostly get evil things to say continually giving you DS points. This would make it hard to come back to the light, which is realistic.

Nah. What they should do is for every light point gained the DS action should give 4 or 5. So when they find a missing child and return them for no reward they get lets say 4 LS points. But if they were to have done that same quest but demanded a reward or something they'd get 16 DS points.

If the players character falls to the DS mabey being a dark character you mostly get evil things to say continually giving you DS points. This would make it hard to come back to the light, which is realistic.

Nah. What they should do is for every light point gained the DS action should give 4 or 5. So when they find a missing child and return them for no reward they get lets say 4 LS points. But if they were to have done that same quest but demanded a reward or something they'd get 16 DS points.

That's not really make the DS more 'seductive' though. <_<

No but it does make slipping easier and reflects the fact that it is easier to gain a bad reputation than good and is also a lot quicker to fall to the dark side than to redeem yourself. The seduction part comes in getting a good amount of credits while good players only get LS points.

No but it does make slipping easier and reflects the fact that it is easier to gain a bad reputation than good and is also a lot quicker to fall to the dark side than to redeem yourself. The seduction part comes in getting a good amount of credits while good players only get LS points.

I still think creating dialogue options that reflect the characters alignment is the way to go. The LS should be hard to follow and easy to fall from, but the LS should be somewhat rewarding if you reach the top of the LS/DS scale.

On the other had you could have DSers being superior to the way of the Light, until they LS character reaches high levels of LS points making them more resistant to the temptations of evil.

I still think creating dialogue options that reflect the characters alignment is the way to go. The LS should be hard to follow and easy to fall from, but the LS should be somewhat rewarding if you reach the top of the LS/DS scale.

On the other had you could have DSers being superior to the way of the Light, until they LS character reaches high levels of LS points making them more resistant to the temptations of evil.

I've had to argue just about a million times that limiting dialogue options is a horrible way to reflect anything LS or DS. It's unrealistic, horrible for people that actually like to RP and a waste of dev time since it'd be tricky to implement and contribute nothing. Especially since there are a million easier ways to make DS more rewarding and easier to become including but not limited to giving more DS than LS points out and making playing LS hard by giving smaller rewards and giving DS points for stealing from innocents.

Oh and the worst thing you can do is make high level LSers more resistant to the DS. Having a godly amount of power at your fingertips can only make the DS harder to ignore and it is quite clear that anyone can fall to the Dark Side. Dooku was a powerful Jedi Master but he still succumbed to the dark side.

Oh and the worst thing you can do is make high level LSers more resistant to the DS. Having a godly amount of power at your fingertips can only make the DS harder to ignore and it is quite clear that anyone can fall to the Dark Side. Dooku was a powerful Jedi Master but he still succumbed to the dark side.

with great power comes great responsibility...

*sigh*

where's a mass choke when i need one...?

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Definitely more "seductive" yes.

I'm tired of Star Wars games and movies where the light jedi is supposed to be swayed by a rant like "FEEL the power of the dark side! Cast aside the weak, there is no other way!".

Dran Draggore, we miss you.