Salvaging - Any reason to keep more than 1 of any card?

I was under the impression if it's a card you might want to find, or get multiple copies of, then keep them multi in your vault. Seems like it, too, I had a lot of Chameleon Allys in my vault and I hit that ugly bald guy all the time. My kids would be watching and would be like, "eeew" every time.

Question: You can't remove all cards from the vault, can you? Only certain ones? A shame, I'd like to clean it up entirely but I guess you can't just have the awesome cards be the ones you stumble into.

Related question... does the number of copies in a vault affect your probability of finding it as loot?

For example, let's suppose I have 1,000 copies of Card A, but only 1 copy of Cards B & C. Does that make it significantly more likely for me to encounter Card A? Or does the number of copies only affect how many duplicates could potentially be owned by Experienced Characters at one time?

• Like 1

Related question... does the number of copies in a vault affect your probability of finding it as loot?

Yes, but Treasures are tracked separately from normal cards. I.e. there's a set amount of Treasures when locations are built (let's say 10%) - that means that all your quantities of Treasures compete only between themselves. This prevents your game from getting flooded with Treasures even if you have many un-salvaged cards.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Yes; there are plenty of cards that are nice to keep multiple copies of; Greatclub, Greatclub +1 and Greataxe +1 are great low level weapons for high Strength characters; Fiery Bolt is the best low level Attack spell (equivalent to Lightning Bolt, but only 2 Lightning Bolts exist in the Vault and it's 1 AD higher); Utility Armors; Staves of Healing > Minor; Better Sage's Journals; Foxes and Evangelists; Favors

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

What is the criteria for what can and cannot be salvaged?  It's very labor intensive to go through each type of card at each level of card, plus regular vs treasure cards, looking for what can be salvaged.  Only when I find something I CAN salvage do I spend the time to decide if I want to, based on the ideas above. Finding those salvageable cards, though, seems to be a lot of tapping just to find a seemingly arbitrary card I can make the decision on.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Only treasure cards can, to my knowledge, be salvaged.

Ninja'd!

Go to your Gallery from the main screen, and tap the Treasure button under "Filter".  All of those cards can be Salvaging.

Edited by da_mayor
  • Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Yes, but Treasures are tracked separately from normal cards. I.e. there's a set amount of Treasures when locations are built (let's say 10%) - that means that all your quantities of Treasures compete only between themselves. This prevents your game from getting flooded with Treasures even if you have many un-salvaged cards.

I don't believe this to be true. Unless a dev chimes in saying otherwise. I was doing Mersi Poison Pill runs and never saw a deathbane x-bow or Poog until I turned off treasure chests. Sometimes I saw two or three of the same treasure chest weapon.

I don't believe this to be true. Unless a dev chimes in saying otherwise. I was doing Mersi Poison Pill runs and never saw a deathbane x-bow or Poog until I turned off treasure chests. Sometimes I saw two or three of the same treasure chest weapon.

The reason you are seeing that is that if 10% of cards are treasure cards, and you turn off treasure cards, then that makes another 10% available for standard cards. These two cards are a limited quantity and generally hard to find.

• Like 1

I would like to see some official feedback( i.e from the devs) on this matter. So the more of the same items we have in the vault. the more chances we get to encounter it? and the number of the item in the vault is also the number available on the adventure ( as in if I have 5 axes in the vault in deck 2. so in that adventure, i will only encounter the axes 5 times at the most or maybe less? )

I would like to see some official feedback( i.e from the devs) on this matter. So the more of the same items we have in the vault. the more chances we get to encounter it? and the number of the item in the vault is also the number available on the adventure ( as in if I have 5 axes in the vault in deck 2. so in that adventure, i will only encounter the axes 5 times at the most or maybe less? )

Well, if it is the same as in the physical game, then it means that if you have 5 axes, you can get up to 5 axes and with every axe you get (and include in your descks) you would lessen the chance to encounter the other axes, because there are fewer left.

But I'm not sure if it works also this way in the digital version of the game....