A few cards not working correctly

pooter3001

Question

Starting to compile all the random card interactions that are not working correctly(atleast for me).

Major Cure: Will cure 1d4 +1 cards from the target, but will not cure the single card from the caster. It shows the animation, but the number of cards in discard remains the same.

Augury: When cast by a character at location A, during another characters turn at location B, it looks at the cards in location B, not the casters location A.

Ezren: Spells that are displayed when cast do not trigger his ability, but will trigger thasalonian dungeons.

Ezren + Detect Magic: Using detect magic with ezren before your first explore, and encountering a magic card, will occasionally use up your first explore and the detect magic. This also triggers ezren's ability to explore again. Not sure what conditions cause this to occur yet. May be simply acquiring any magic card with it, or could be specific locations.

Acting correctly, it prompts you to take your first exploration, which looks just like ezren's ability prompt.

As I come across and remember other examples, I will update this post.

For the record, this is on a galaxy s7 phone. Though, i doubt this is a device issue.

Edited by pooter3001

17 answers to this question

I also have found a few "buggy" cards. The Hook Mountain Hag and one of the Goblin monsters (can't remember which one) both are suppose to allow you to test Arcane or Divine, before you are allowed to use an attack spell. Instead they go right to combat and lockout all your attack spells!

Ezren + Detect Magic: Using detect magic with ezren before your first explore, and encountering a magic card, will occasionally use up your first explore and the detect magic. This also triggers ezren's ability to explore again. Not sure what conditions cause this to occur yet. May be simply acquiring any magic card with it, or could be specific locations.

If you take your extra explore from encountering a Magic card with Detect Evil - you're forfeiting your "free" explore for the turn, which can only be you *first* explore in any given turn. If you forfeit the immediate explore from Ezren's power - you should still have your *free* explore.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Major Cure: Will cure 1d4 +1 cards from the target, but will not cure the single card from the caster. It shows the animation, but the number of cards in discard remains the same.

I have noticed that sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't.  I haven't managed to spot the pattern yet, but I haven't looked hard.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I also have found a few "buggy" cards. The Hook Mountain Hag and one of the Goblin monsters (can't remember which one) both are suppose to allow you to test Arcane or Divine, before you are allowed to use an attack spell. Instead they go right to combat and lockout all your attack spells!

Yeah, that was a change with 1.0.3, instead of forcing you to roll the check (when you might not even want to use an attack spell, or weapon for the Warchanter), it just shows that they're all locked by the ability. But as soon as you attempt you actually USE any of the locked cards, it will then prompt you to make the check to unlock them. So it's basically just waiting on the check for when you actually need to use it, rather than automatically doing it at the start of the combat.

This is actually working correctly, kinda. instead of making you make the check every time you find one of them, it will only have you make the check if you attempt to use a spell. try playing one of the spells that are chained up, and it will let you make the check to play it.

If you take your extra explore from encountering a Magic card with Detect Evil - you're forfeiting your "free" explore for the turn, which can only be you *first* explore in any given turn. If you forfeit the immediate explore from Ezren's power - you should still have your *free* explore.

Detect Magic does not create an explore. It just encounters the card, and shouldn't trigger ezren's ability since his ability is "During an exploration". This is the reason you can play detect magic before your first explore, but cannot discard an ally to explore. Your first explore has to be just that, your first explore, and cards that are not exploring can still be played fine.

For major cure, I think that it's the same bug as with augury : the additionnal heal happens, but if you cast outside your own turn, it probably targets the active player instead of the caster.

Thanks for adding more info to the situation. I can honestly say that every time I've ever played the card, it was during the casters turn. At first I thought it was only bugged when cast on themselves, but later noticed it also bugging when targeting other characters.

Yes, it's possible to cast Cure on other characters' turns.  Tap the other character's icon and you can use their cards.

Edited by zeroth_hour

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

Small additional interaction.

Kyra: when at an empty location, she is forced to close(or not close) the location, and thus never gets a chance to use her ability to heal. I am fairly certain I had a divine card in hand, because her ability was active before I moved to the closed location. The option to close a location should come at the end of the turn, not prior to the exploration phase. Rarely an issue, but a character did die once because I couldn't cure them when I moved(i even chose not to close the location).

removing detect magic from the list. Upon further inspection, it is not acting incorrectly, just looks funny. If you cast detect magic before your first exploration, and encounter the card, after the encounter it will prompt you to explore or forfeit the exploration. This is regarding your first exploration. It is not triggering ezren's ability, it just looks like it is. you still get your free exploration, you just are prompted if you want to take it, instead of having you click on the deck.

Affirming the Major Cure issue.  Sometimes I get the extra card sometimes I don't.  It's like it's choosing the extra card first and if the card it chooses got shuffled in with the first die roll then when it goes to recharge that card it's not there.