[SPOILERS] Cheese's fanart pit

Buttercheese

Hello everybody ~

I noticed that by now I made by far enough fanart of Obsidian's games to warrant it's own topic here on the forums for it.
You'll mostly find NWN2 stuff here, but also some PoE and even South Park. And some crossovers. I like crossovers.

If you want to see all my stuff, I suggest checking out my Tumblr, DeviantArt or Twitter.
Well, have fun browsing!

- Old Illustrations (2013/14) -

My second Kalach-Cha, Amber.
Chaotic Evil | Tiefling | Swashbuckler
tumblr_n3nn4riVxo1syx4izo1_540.png

A friend's Kalach-Cha with Karnwyr and Bishop.
tumblr_n3nnal7AWX1syx4izo1_540.png

A shading experiment with Sand.
tumblr_n3nnmhhrym1syx4izo1_540.png

TF2's Pyro with Qara. There is a short fanfiction that goes with this.
tumblr_mzuwbp9lv11s0e93mo1_540.png

Paladin Butters
tumblr_n4ubhqoCWC1syx4izo1_540.png

- Old Doodles (2013/14) -

Uncle Duncan
tumblr_n9pcbgLISw1tixllro1_400.png

Sand. One with a drawn-on mustache, +2 on Charisma.
tumblr_nbsrk75dOQ1syx4izo1_400.pngtumblr_inline_n7ygntRO0h1rc1v0q.png

Some of my favourite elves from up to that date.
Cutter and Leetah (ElfQuest), Sand, Kivan & Xan and Viconia (Baldur's Gate)
tumblr_nb2v1jN9yZ1syx4izo1_400.png

- DeviantArt Memes -
I have to link these seperately, because they are too huge to share directly.
Spoilers all over the place.
NWN 2 Meme - MoTB Meme - PoE Meme

- Current Stuff (2015/16) -
Jaheira (BG2) and Durance
tumblr_nraaenFPVl1syx4izo3_540.png

Aloth and Edér shipping
tumblr_nrgn48SkvI1syx4izo3_540.png

Haer'Dalis (BG2), Annah (PS:T), Valen (NWN:HotU) and Neeshka
tumblr_nrgn48SkvI1syx4izo2_540.png

Sand's New Groove
tumblr_ny4z3eSDju1syx4izo7_540.png

Mall Santa Durance and his helpful Christmas Elf Hivarias
tumblr_ny4z3eSDju1syx4izo2_540.png

Simply Edér
tumblr_ny4z3eSDju1syx4izo3_540.png

Uhm ... my friend wanted this for her birthday, this is only partially my fault >.>
Edér jumping out of a giant honey cake.
tumblr_o1u14gJOkW1syx4izo1_540.png

Okku and Wilson (BG2:EE) meeting in Rashemen
tumblr_nxzddsppIG1syx4izo2_1280.png

And last but not least: My 13th Anniversary present for Obsidian.
You guys are the best, I hope you are gonna stick with us for a many more years to come <3
tumblr_o8qb2wOK5n1syx4izo4_1280.png

Edited by Buttercheese
  • Like 20

Just wanted to say "thumbs up", because those Like buttons doesn't always do a post proper justification. That was an awesome series of images :)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wish to be pedantic but shouldn't your Shardbearer Amber have a visible scar over her heart, especially when exposing so much of her chest. Also where is the boat or ship you refer to in the Aloth and Eder hugging illustration?

That said excellent work, one should always have a hobby or two, personally I enjoy beating my family and chess.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't wish to be pedantic but shouldn't your Shardbearer Amber have a visible scar over her heart, especially when exposing so much of her chest.

Huh. You are right, I never thought about that. But oh well, old drawing is old.

I will try to keep that in mind for the future though.

Also where is the boat or ship you refer to in the Aloth and Eder hugging illustration?

Uhhh ... I am not sure if you are joking or being serious ...

"Ship" is internet slang for romantically or sexually pairing up two fictional characters who aren't officially involved that way.

Kirk and Spock, Aragorn and Legolas, Durance and the pointy end of my blade ... you get the idea :p

The term derives from the word relationship.

That said excellent work, one should always have a hobby or two, personally I enjoy beating my family and chess.

Thank you very much, though it's not just a hobby, it's my job ...

• Like 1

Uhhh ... I am not sure if you are joking or being serious ...

Also where is the boat or ship you refer to in the Aloth and Eder hugging illustration?

"Ship" is internet slang for romantically or sexually pairing up two fictional characters who aren't officially involved that way.

Kirk and Spock, Aragorn and Legolas, Durance and the pointy end of my blade ... you get the idea :p

The term derives from the word relationship.

Oh I was unaware of such a term, i'm a touch out of joint with much modern slang.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Used the term was called slash (from "Kirk / Spock" or "Kirk 'slash' Spock" - fan fiction postulating a romantic/sexual relationship between Kirk and Spock).

Shipping used to be reserved for fans of a relationship in cannon vs another canon relationship (Buffy's Buffy & Angel vs Buffy & Spike, Willow & Tara vs Willow & Kennedy) or might have romantic feelings (Lost's Sawyer & Kate vs Jack & Kate) but hadn't committed to relationship.  I think this then became a catch all for any desired pairing in a fandom whether it had any connection to canon or not, expressing the desire of the fan for the relationship ("I'm shipping X & Y in show Z" for example).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure how, but somehow I managed to miss the new posts from November onwards :(

Awesome work Buttercheese :)

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Modern AU with hipster Sand at Starbucks? Y/Y?

tumblr_om926fmFmP1syx4izo1_1280.png

Great work! I noticed that you used very few lines which means that you have form and perspective down to your muscle memory. You should definiately work in graphic design, if you aren't already.

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 6 months later...

Ponified Obsidian and Beamdog, because.

tumblr_ow2jv8iMBr1syx4izo2_1280.png

Beamdog doesn't get any love here sadly, people are jealous that a new generation is getting to experience classics with all the bells and whistles I guess.

This is by far, your best work. Congrats!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Over at Twitter Beamdog dared me to also do inXile Entertainment, I threw in big sis Black Isle Studios for good meassure :B

tumblr_ow4k7sTRFH1syx4izo1_1280.png

@SonicMage117 I don't know what people's problems are sometimes. The EEs are better than the vanilla versions in so many ways. I for one am glad that the games at least now run properly on my modern PC without having to jump through a billion hoops to make it work. And if someone doesn't like the new companions in BG:EE and BG2:EE they can just ignore them :V

Anywho, thank you very much :)

• Like 4

Awwwwe cute! XD

And Idk either, maybe it's because the games are now on Steam with forums, trading cards and such lol I like Beamdog, if it wasn't for them then a new generation/audience would never try the classics and Crpg genre would be getting way less exposure so Beamdog's actually a huge Crpg push right now and people should just be grateful for that :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...