Chest Drop Issue? Has anyone unlock these cards in gallery?

If it's not too much trouble, could you go over Nathan's list and update your list of confirmed cards (I think only Agile Chain is missing), and maybe mark in another color the card confirmed to be in the next update?

Done.

• Like 1

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

You don't need to have all cards in your vault :)

So it's yours and only yours decision if you want to spend this money or hours to chase any new card.

I gotta wonder what obsidian's take is on the number of people trying to convince their customers to stop buying. I notice a lot of people don't argue that the system is good, and instead argue that the system is optional.

• Like 1

I gotta wonder what obsidian's take is on the number of people trying to convince their customers to stop buying. I notice a lot of people don't argue that the system is good, and instead argue that the system is optional.

I'm not trying to tell people to stop buying.  I'm only trying to tell others to stop panicking.

Pathfinder Adventures is a very generous F2P game, and an otherwise very good paid game.  However, treasure chests inhabit a "worst of both worlds" middle area between the two.  

Go enjoy the actual game for a while and wait for the dust to settle on how treasure cards work.  Gotta catch 'em all! wasn't a key component of the physical game, and the digital is 100% complete, whole, fun, and playable without the treasures.

• Like 2

I'm also not trying to tell people to stop buying it. The game is great without the treasures, they are just a bonus.

Obviously Obsidian is committed to making this a great game, you are just seeing the awkward beginning stages. Obsidian knows there is a problem and they are working to fix it.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to tell people to stop buying.  I'm only trying to tell others to stop panicking.

Pathfinder Adventures is a very generous F2P game, and an otherwise very good paid game.  However, treasure chests inhabit a "worst of both worlds" middle area between the two.  

Go enjoy the actual game for a while and wait for the dust to settle on how treasure cards work.  Gotta catch 'em all! wasn't a key component of the physical game, and the digital is 100% complete, whole, fun, and playable without the treasures.

I'm also not trying to tell people to stop buying it. The game is great without the treasures, they are just a bonus.

Obviously Obsidian is committed to making this a great game, you are just seeing the awkward beginning stages. Obsidian knows there is a problem and they are working to fix it.

My main concern with these responses is that this game isn't early access, it's launched. They're taking money, and none of this information about the chests has been previously available or posted anywhere but here. As Nathan has mentioned, their transparency leaves much to be desired and will be costing them customers. I expect this from early access, not retail. This info should be in the app on the chest purchase pages.

For those that wonder why I even stick around, it's because I like the game and want them to fix it. In customer service, you learn something important about customers who complain, at least with specific complaints. For every person that tells you what you did wrong, a dozen left without a word. Negative feedback is important. I have friends who loved the physical game and gave up on the app after a week, never willing to give obsidian a cent.

Collectibles are a huge part of modern gaming, which is why Nathan mentioned that in his post as well. Had I known that they would be continually moving the goal line, I wouldn't have spent a penny until they were done. I have thrown away dozens of duplicates because at launch the card pool was miniscule.

Worst of both worlds is the best way to describe the implementation of the treasure chest system. At least ccgs don't move the goal on you.

Ccg move the goal constantly. New upgrade set regularly every two months. You can think these as separate expansions.

But yep only digital media make it inscreasemental Style.

Yeah, expansions are different than just adding new cards into the same set.  CCG's have two major differences, once a set is released, they don't add new cards to it (they may add more sets to the game, but each set is immutable) and the second major difference is that CCG's don't have an infinite number of cards in a set (as in copies of a card).  Oh, and also trading.  The ability to trade duplicates would make a lot of the giant problems with the treasure system go away.

Ccg move the goal constantly. New upgrade set regularly every two months. You can think these as separate expansions.

Yeah, expansions are different than just adding new cards into the same set.  CCG's have two major differences, once a set is released, they don't add new cards to it (they may add more sets to the game, but each set is immutable) and the second major difference is that CCG's don't have an infinite number of cards in a set (as in copies of a card).  Oh, and also trading.  The ability to trade duplicates would make a lot of the giant problems with the treasure system go away.

Trading? I hope not. Played BloodBrothers/D3 before and I tell you trading will be bad and will just be another problem. Many cases (mine included) where I traded/goaded a highvalue card for something of less because I was new to the game or didn't research.

• Like 1

Trading? I hope not. Played BloodBrothers/D3 before and I tell you trading will be bad and will just be another problem. Many cases (mine included) where I traded/goaded a highvalue card for something of less because I was new to the game or didn't research.

The intention was to point out the difference and showcase that without trading, other considerations for how to resolve the gap need to be in the game. I agree actually, trading also invites account theft. A mechanism to fill in the gaps solo is much preferred.

Thanks for the list.

However aren't "Venomous Bolt" and "Bewilder" cards already available in the physical version of Rise of the Runelord ? 

I finished the campaign last week with some friends, and I'm almost sure that I saw those two cards (the bolt was an attack spell doing arcande+2d12 poison damage)

Is there simply a problem with the implementation of those cards (so we might still see them later when deck 5 and 6 are released) or am I confusing them with similar cards in the physical game ?

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm Returning Flaming Axe, Holy Symbol and Warhammer +3.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the "common" Squire (Deck 1 ally)? I am up to 10 legendary Flasks of Magic, but not a single Squire in sight. I am only missing 10 legionaries and the Squire, unless I am just super unlucky in getting him...

I have two Squires in my Quest Mode party.

Anyone have the "common" Squire (Deck 1 ally)? I am up to 10 legendary Flasks of Magic, but not a single Squire in sight. I am only missing 10 legionaries and the Squire, unless I am just super unlucky in getting him...

I only got one squire as well. He seems to be rare common if that makes any sense.

As far as I recall, Squire could have had an entirely different issue.  

Taking a trip through the data mines, as recently as 1.0.3.5 [514], the app considered it an uncommon RoTR base card, not an uncommon treasure card.  1.0.3.6.3 [552] now has it grouped with the Treasure cards. I don't have every version archived, so I can't say exactly when the change occurred.

That being said... treasure cards are still RNG'd on the server.  At any point, it could have been fixed silently by obsidian since data in the app only really affects card usage and presentation (not treasure generation).  However, it might follow that the change in the app coincided with some update in the treasure server.

• Like 1

Do you recall getting the Squire before or after the latest major patch? I only really started opening chests after the latest patch, maybe the Squire got mixed up with something?

Pre Patch, before the one that remove the cards that weren't intent for the public yet. I believe the Squire was really hard even then. THen I think May or June I got a couple then I haven't gotten any more Squires since then.

Do you recall getting the Squire before or after the latest major patch? I only really started opening chests after the latest patch, maybe the Squire got mixed up with something?

In Story Mode it was before the patch, but in Quest Mode I really can't remember.