Chest Drop Issue? Has anyone unlock these cards in gallery?

Hmm should bank the ones from the humble bundle and wait for next patch? I only 11 cards away from this set but I really want those holy and healing items......

That's my plan. It'll also show me if the chests are set on buy or open.

I couldn't resist  the urge so I opened 40 chest I got these new ones from the list:

Slaying Bow

Slaying Razor

Potion of Perseverance

In Dupe category: I'm 12 card away from have 2 of each of my current collection  ;( 

Edited by Archangelrey

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Ok, wow. Something seemed really off about the card drops and this fits perfectly. I've opened 82 chests total, I think, but my new cards in the last 20-30 had slowed to a trickle.

I can confirm Shadow Chain, but that's it. My missing cards are the non-yellow ones you listed with only a few extra... Deck 4 items making up half of that list, for whatever reason.

On the other matter - for about 90 chests I haven't caugth sight of the *common* Snaring Net or Reveler. Then, in the space of a dozen chests, I got 3 of each. Yup, sure seems *random* alright...

I noticed this pattern too. Snaring Net and Reveler are new to me and now I have 3 of one and 7 of the other. Other notable new appearances are Steel Ibis Lamellar (common, 5) and Brooch of Shielding (legendary, 4)(!!!).

Venomous Darts +2 deserve a mention in that -- despite being a rare-level card -- they drop almost as often as basic common allies, i.e. every few chests. I think I'm up to 12.

On the other matter - for about 90 chests I haven't caugth sight of the *common* Snaring Net or Reveler. Then, in the space of a dozen chests, I got 3 of each. Yup, sure seems *random* alright...

Other notable new appearances are Steel Ibis Lamellar (common, 5) and Brooch of Shielding (legendary, 4)(!!!).

Venomous Darts +2 deserve a mention in that -- despite being a rare-level card -- they drop almost as often as basic common allies, i.e. every few chests. I think I'm up to 12.

Yup, I'm up to my 3rd Brooch and the Venomous Dart into double digits as well.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Other notable new appearances are Steel Ibis Lamellar (common, 5) and Brooch of Shielding (legendary, 4)(!!!).

Yup, I'm up to my 3rd Brooch and the Venomous Dart into double digits as well.

Not a single Brooch but can confirm the multiple Venomous Dart and Orbs

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Huh.  I was planning on posting a snarky comment about "RNG gonna RNG" or a badly-photoshopped Ilsoari Gandethus holding a d20, but there's something fishy to the list that Archangelrey posted earlier: 

It includes every "Common" treasure card.

I've only opened a few dozen chests myself, but I haven't caught any of the below either.  Maybe the treasure chests only pull uncommon and up?  

I'm sure most of the others will turn up eventually based on drop rates, but its funny that a big chunk of the cards the angry mob are sharpening their pitchforks for appear to be commons.

B	Common	BlessingOfCaydenCailean
B	Common	BlessingOfMilani
1	Common	SocialClimber
1	Common	CentipedeVenom
2	Common	Cook
2	Common	BlackMarshSpiderVenom
2	Common	HatOfGlamour
2	Common	SkinsawMask
2	Common	Whetstone
2	Common	Renewal
3	Common	Valet
3	Common	VarisianIllusionist
3	Common	BloodrootPoison
3	Common	BlackArrowLongbow
4	Common	BlessingOfSivanah
4	Common	Displacement
5	Common	BlessingOfAchaekek
5	Common	WyvernPoison
5	Common	LifeLeech
5	Common	VenomousBolt
6	Common	Bewilder 

Actually, the Devs said that any card that has a black border is part of a bug that got fixed internally soon after it was noted.  Hopefully, the next patch will show some sort of change.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Actually, the Devs said that any card that has a black border is part of a bug that got fixed internally soon after it was noted.  Hopefully, the next patch will show some sort of change.

Right. I guess my point was that cards don't "exist" in a whole form within the app.  Borders, images, text and filagree all get slapped together on rendering.  Cards with plain black borders just have the "common" attribute and are rendered as such.

I just thought it was odd that treasure chests specifically don't pull common treasures, or that there were common treasures in the first place.  I'm willing to bet that everything will be upgraded to Uncommon or better in the next release.  Drop rates for legendaries are terrible (and probably ok) as is.  Adding a fifth card class back into the drop math might segment things too much unless the entire treasure pool is rebalanced a bit.

Yeah, I'd hate to think that all the black-bordered cards would be MORE common than the Uncommons I've been getting, and watering down everything else.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I thought the randomization felt hinky (and more than a little greedy).

Unfortunately though, my missing card list is nearly identical (I am missing the exact same cards + 5 more) with the same recent additions others are noting [suddenly appearing in my last several chests, and in large numbers]. I've opened around 100 chests (many of them purchased). Personally, I find the correlation infuriating and will be submitting a formal complaint with the App Store unless I hear something appropriate is being done to fix this "issue."

Selling content or functionality through IAP when it does not exist is considered fraudulent misrepresentation, which violates their developer agreements with Apple and Google (at the least). If they were selling this as clearly stated pre-order content (which we get upon completion without further purchase), that would be one thing. However this is presented as goods that are available now, given a percentage chance (greater than 0%), which they clearly are not given the pattern of missing cards displayed here (which are of all rarity classifications, and not just of an extreme rarity class). If they add the cards later, they won't magically appear in my collection. I will need to spend more money [than I already have] and that is unacceptable.

If this was a mistake and some of these 'common' cards are mis-labeled, or this is some fantastical coincidence, then fine, your rarity system is lame and shame on me for thinking it would be any less sucky than any other rarity based random card draw system. However, I bet if I bought 1000 more chests my list of missing cards would look the same as we're all seeing.

This whole thing is unfortunate, because I love the game (real version and virtual)... but this is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Yeah, these threads about the odds shifting and cards being added to the pool later only renew my disdain for the ccg elements added onto the game. New cards should be in their own set, rather than expanding the pool and forcing future purchases to be bigger to get the new stuff, since the old junk is still in the domain and is just garbage at that point.

I agree with the earlier poster that, bug or not, this feels very dishonest.

Yeah, these threads about the odds shifting and cards being added to the pool later only renew my disdain for the ccg elements added onto the game. New cards should be in their own set, rather than expanding the pool and forcing future purchases to be bigger to get the new stuff, since the old junk is still in the domain and is just garbage at that point.

One thing I know 100% for certain is that Obsidian is actively developing new cards for the game (see Hawkmoon's song, named after OUR forum member Hawkmoon). As well as actively integrating cards from other sets. This is all in addition to just adding new Adventure Decks.

They are not deliberately withholding cards, they are releasing them in batches as they get made. Additionally these are all cards that are not in the core game, and are not required to play.

• Like 1

One thing I know 100% for certain is that Obsidian is actively developing new cards for the game (see Hawkmoon's song, named after OUR forum member Hawkmoon). As well as actively integrating cards from other sets. This is all in addition to just adding new Adventure Decks.

They are not deliberately withholding cards, they are releasing them in batches as they get made. Additionally these are all cards that are not in the core game, and are not required to play.

You're missing the point. Every card they add into the same set as an old card means that your odds of getting new cards drops, as you may get repeats of the cards that were in the older set. They should have new chests for new cards. You're basically confirming that they are adopting a strategy that solely exists to milk as much money out of the few that will pay.

Also, I'm tired of the "not required to play" dodge. It's available for purchase, they accept money for it. Would you just shrug off a poor quality phone because you don't need one to live?

I see where you are coming from but you are wrong. There are 2 other options.

1) They wait and don't release them until they are all done (so....6 months from now?)

2) They don't release any.

I'd rather have our current predicament than either of those.

As for your analogy, it makes absolutely no sense in this. It is more like "Would you buy a phone that is the ONLY phone that does what you want, but has unnecessary apps that are still under development?"

The answer is yes.

I see where you are coming from but you are wrong. There are 2 other options.

1) They wait and don't release them until they are all done (so....6 months from now?)

2) They don't release any.

I'd rather have our current predicament than either of those.

As for your analogy, it makes absolutely no sense in this. It is more like "Would you buy a phone that is the ONLY phone that does what you want, but has unnecessary apps that are still under development?"

The answer is yes.

Your analogy is better actually, so for that I agree. On this phone, every time a new app IS developed, you have to buy every single app released so far to get the new one. That sounds exactly like this.

And they could easily build as they go, just using different sets of chests. New cards, new chests. Or the all or nothing option, but I'd rather chests with small domains.

And they could easily build as they go, just using different sets of chests. New cards, new chests. Or the all or nothing option, but I'd rather chests with small domains.

Bugs aside, better transparency on what is and isn't a treasure card would help a lot too.  

As of right now, just by scrolling through the vault, it is impossible to differentiate treasures from adventure deck rewards or whatever other "easter-egg" cards (like Stalker Mask) might be unlocked through Special Circumstances*.

Hi all!

First of all, thanks for bringing this to my attention. The team has a fixed the issue that is causing cards to be displayed in the Gallery that are not meant to be there. This fix will come out in the next update (which I expect we'll release within a week or so).

The short version is that we generated the data for the cards it is possible to get in the gallery via one table that happened to have all cards we developed (even if incomplete). This was separate from the tables that determine what is included in the Treasure Chests. We now have a better, more cohesive system for doing this. We didn't catch this in our internal bugtesting because we run with more inclusive card drops from our Dev Treasure Chests for testing purposes.Though we regularly look at the live game, we didn't catch this error.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of the team that this caused confusion. I understand that some of you are trying to have the most complete set of cards you can and this bug has frustrated that goal. Let me assure you that we at no time intended to deceive anyone about was available And honestly, it took me a bit to fully wrap my head around how extensive the error was (even though the fix has been straightforward).

As we build more decks (which gives us more tools to use in card creation), we will continue to add to the Treasure Chest card list. Most Uncommon cards require new art and all cards that don't already exist in the physical game require an extensive review process which takes time. The next month or so will see a steady infusion of cards, after which point it will slow down.

I will discuss with the team how to best be transparent about these in the future. In the meantime, I can provide you a list of cards that are visible in the gallery that should NOT be. There are a number reasons these cards may not be released. We don't currently have the tech to do some, the design is incomplete or was not approved by Paizo or myself, or it just needs to be tested and/or fixed before release.

Cards that should NOT appear in the gallery:

Deck B:

Bone Spikes

Available in the next update:

Holy Symbol

Holy Text

Healers Kit

Portable Ram

Potion of Resinous Skin

Shovel

Spell Component Pouch

Veterinarian's Kit

Wayfinder

Silent Enforcer

Blessing Of CaydenCailean

Blessing Of Milani

Favor Of Calistria

Favor Of Sarenrae

Favor Of Shelyn

Favor Of Torag

Deck 1:

Flaming Returning Throwing Axe +1

Social Climber

Centipede Venom

Wand Of Flame

Wand Of Lightning Bolt

Challenging Shield

Bounty Of Desna

Bounty Of Norgorber

Bounty Of Torag

Doctrine Of Abadar

Engineers Workgloves

Heavyload Belt

Deck 2:

Cook

Favor Of Lamashtu

Favor Of The Gods

Black Marsh Spider Venom

Hat Of Glamour

Wand Of Ice

Whet Stone

Renewal

Legion Armor

Deck 3:

Valet

Varisian Illusionist

Favor Of Abadar

Bloodroot Poison

Staff Of Healing

Staff Of Improved Healing

Staff Of True Healing

Deck 4:

Displacement

Nine Lives Stealer

Blessing Of Sivanah

Favor Of Norgorber

Warhammer +3

Deck 5:

Belkzen Warchief

Metal Spikes

Aid Of Shelyn

Blessing Of Achaekek

Doctrine Of Calistria

Well Of Many Worlds

Wyvern Poison

Life Leech

Venomous Bolt

Death Initiate

Dragon Smiter

Pathfinder Venture-Captain

Spellward Shield

Winged Shield Of Storms

Favor Of Gozreh

Deck 6:

Bewilder

Favor Of Nethys

Thank you all for vigilance and your patience.

Nathan Davis

• Like 8

If it's not too much trouble, could you go over Nathan's list and update your list of confirmed cards (I think only Agile Chain is missing), and maybe mark in another color the card confirmed to be in the next update?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Nathan,

You still don't really address the fact that if you continue to add cards to the available list open-ended, it will become increasingly costly to even attempt to get the newer cards. Does the list you post cover the comprehensive set of cards that will be added to this ever-growing list, or when you finish with this list and decide to add new ones, will they just be thrown into the pot along with all the others, forcing us to often buy hundreds of chests to get the new items because there's still such a high chance of getting an older card? Please tell me that chests will at least be divided into seasons so that once you finish this set, any future set will be separate.

Another idea would be to weight draws toward cards you don't have. The people who defend the current system arent thinking through the math. With a 1/40 chance per draw of a legendary, and 40 legendaries in your domain, you have a .0625% chance of getting a specific legendary in one draw (or more accurately, a 1599/1600 chance of not getting it, or 99.9375%). In other words, if you have the whole set, and you guys add one more legendary, and I buy 960 more chests ($400 worth), I only have a 45% chance of getting the new card. This chance goes down with each new card.

Basically, every card added is hundreds to thousands of dollars to try and get. Not even ccgs are this bad.

Edited by ArchSenex