Approach to Thistletop - Unable to proceed

MADJEDDAI

Question

Running on a Galaxy S4 phone, effects, pass and play, permadeath all off. Both times I have encountered this issue it was with Kyra and Merisiel, Merisiel going first, and Kyra completing the close check for the Goblin Fortress. Merisiel was alive the first time and fallen the second. Both times, upon closing the location, it performs the post-close action, which is to add 1d4 weapons to the location stack and draw one. Every time the one gets drawn, the animation of the card coming off the top of the deck shows, and then once the card slides over to the right side where it would normally be revealed, the background goes black and all that shows is the overlay, and no further progress can be made. I can still view decks and settings but that card never gets added to my deck and I cannot proceed.

4 answers to this question

Hmmm... Known issue. At this moment try to not roll those cards and just proseed to the next place. I have seen same in general store but only in HCtF. In other scenarios it has worked fine. You Are playing on phone. How much it has memory? Some errors seems to be related to too small memory in some devices.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I believe I've encountered a similar situation before detailed here in another scenario and phone type. Since phones are not supported at the moment, don't expect official help. If your situation is indeed similar, you can try the forfeit workaround I found. It won't let you actually finish the quest ever but at least you can retrieve the characters.

Hey guys, 

I have added your information to an already existing bug report. Can you please give us your save folders so we can take a look? 

Connect the Android Device to your PC.
Open Windows Explorer and open the device
Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
Zip and send! (Use Dropbox or anything similar)

Thanks!