So I don't have much experience with the caster classes, and while I'm waiting for 3.03 to hit GoG and with a free day tomorrow I thought I'd try and hash out some more solo PotD builds for myself to try.

In light of that, do area effects which are "friendly AoE" affect the caster as well or just companions, which you obviously don't have on solo? Thanks in advance!

Most of them affects casters when he got caught in the arera.

However, some of them are "emitted" by the caster so he will never be in the area of effect. I think the wizard spell equivalent of Sunfire cannot affect caster, as well as all line and cone spells (fan of flames, minlance and OVERWHELMING WAVE of course).

Edited by Elric Galad

Mostly they do, effects that only affect other characters usually say 'Allied AoE' instead (eg. Kind Wayfarer abilities). It's not entirely consistent though; the Figher ability Guardian Stance does say Friendly AoE but the deflection bonus only affects other characters. Not sure whether there are any others though; and Guardian Stance is a bit trickier anyway, since it does affect the character itself with the Accuracy penalty. That might be why it still says Friendly AoE instead (though the "Active Effects" still also say the Figher him/herself gets +10 Deflection, which isn't the case).

Most of them affects casters when he got caught in the arera.

However, some of them are "emitted" by the caster so he will never be in the area of effect. I think the wizard spell equivalent of Sunfire cannot affect caster, as well as all line and cone spells (fan of flames, minlance and OVERWHELMING WAVE of course).

I think I didn't get the question :-)

Thankye Loren Tyr for the precise response, and thanks to Eric Galad for the effort. I guess I could have tested these things myself, but seeing as my mac got wiped and I'll need to download and do a full install anyway I thought I'd rather wait until the patch is out on GoG.

• Like 1