Lem's last Power upgrade before class upgrade

You never know when you might want to discard his Deathbane Light Crossbow (+1!) to give someone a d4 on a combat check.  He can't do that until he's proficient.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

You never know when you might want to discard his Deathbane Light Crossbow (+1!) to give someone a d4 on a combat check.  He can't do that until he's proficient.

Shock Longbow and Black Arrow Longbow are not too shabby either.

Also, in a bigger group, I'd just give Lem an Armor slot and deck him out with the +1 Dex Snakeskin Tunic -for me,  this is is the same as taking an Item slot, as I stop carrying around teh stupid Sihedron Medallion.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Each character starts with 4 power feat boxes and gets 3 before the role cards arrive, so there's actually not that much variety in power feat selection for the first three adventures. Characters like Ezren get only two options (+2 hand and +1 recharge or +1 hand and +2 recharge?). In addition, a few characters get screwed by being forced to take a crummy power feat.

Lem and Lini are both forced into weapon or armor proficiency, both which have their uses but are grotesquely inferior to what the shorties could pick up on their role cards. Sajan is forced to add magic to his fists, which again, has its uses, but is nowhere near as good as his role card power feats. All three of these characters are among the strongest in the set, so I like to think of this as a low-key nerf to dampen their over-powered-ness. :)

Sajan is forced to add magic to his fists, which again, has its uses, but is nowhere near as good as his role card power feats.

I dunno, I usually take it as my first feat. That way I don't need to carry the amulet in my deck or need to mill it out. The cards that require magic come out all too often in my games. Once I get this I pretty much get 2 free item slots, at least until the bigger amulets that roll D6's or D8's come out.

Lini can in fact greatly benefit from weapon proficiency, with the d4+X from revealing an animal ally, even her base d4 can starts to get a rather decent combat level with a decent weapon. And you always have the option of witching her base die to d10 by discarding a card, making her able to handle bosses if needed.

For Sem it's less useful, you usually wants a dex based weapon for him and crossbows are usually enough without needed the profeciency, but having it still allow to use the occasionnal weapon found, to discard a crossbow to help someone in another location, or to use a bow if you find one.

When you get your role if you go virtuoso and can starts to recharge cards to buff yourself, suddenly even a melee weapon can become useful, allowing you to easily kill small monsters wiothout wasting or needing an attack spell.

For Sem it's less useful, you usually wants a dex based weapon for him and crossbows are usually enough without needed the profeciency, but having it still allow to use the occasionnal weapon found, to discard a crossbow to help someone in another location, or to use a bow if you find one.

In the card game -where you can't just grind old scenarios for cards- the only decent ranged weapon I had for a long time was Shock Longbow (the single Longbow that doesn't default for its dice to your Str - which would be a d4 for Lem) . So I just had Valeros carry it around for several scenarios, then I got Lem a Weapon Proficiency and never looked back.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.