Lost all character progression because of version bug

JWolfenator

Question

18 answers to this question

Apparently not, but the game thinks I have already beaten first 2 adventures so no rewards??

I started a new game and lost all progression on my all my characters, so they are considered new.

The filter, for experienced, does not show I have any experienced characters.

So now I start my game, and finish the first adventure, not only does the game think I've already completed that adventure but it also does not give gold or rewards, to any characters?!?

So now I have beginning characters and lost my advanced progress... So now what?

How do I load a cloud save? I'm guessing if I have to ask I'm SoL.

EDIT- Pretty sure I'm SoL, because I go to quest and experienced can be selected and then I have a choice from 3 Rogues and 3 Clerics (plus multiples of the others I've bought, but those are not relevant now) None of them are any different and all are saying that each character has only completed the first mission of adventure 1, Perils.

When both of those characters have completed Perils, Burnt and Skinsaw and none of the experienced characters shown are advanced with skills/deck/abilities like they were before this version bug.

I'm not sure what Obsidian can do but tell me how to completely reset this so I can get gold and rewards.

I almost have 4000 gold to buy the next adventure, but don't want to lose that our the characters I've already bought... So what is the solution?!?

Edited by JWolfenator

Bump because this went to page 3, will not rest till I get a result, good (Obsidian has a cloud save that has all my advanced characters from before version bug) or bad (Obsidian shows me how to reset this so I can get gold/rewards from adventures the game thinks I've completed and keep my gold and characters bought)

On that note, the game is correct with thinking I've progressed through all 3 adventures but I do not have the characters that had done that progression, that's the main issue. And now I can't get any progression rewards with current characters.

Things were fine until the version bug from yesterday, now Obsidian waiting for some kind of resolution.

One thing to throw out there, losing purchases is not a worry.  when you unlock the character with gold or money, there's no attachment to any party that you're running.  Unlocks happen at the account level, so if you're worried about losing characters you bought, that's not a worry.  You could uninstall everything and start a brand new game with every character you purchased and unlocked.

Progresson rewards are tied to the party.  If you start an entirely new party, with new characters, you can get the rewards again.  

As far as getting your specific save/party back, that I can't speak to, but the worst you should be looking at is starting a new party, but with any characters available to your account

Hey JWolf

I started a new game and lost all progression on my all my characters, so they are considered new

Sorry for the confusion, that is because gold gain is account bound, since you've already beaten those scenario previously. Normal and Heroics do not gain gold after you have already completed it. Only Legendary difficulty grants gold every time. 

How do I load a cloud save? I'm guessing if I have to ask I'm SoL.

As long as you are connected to PlayFab, at the end of every turn, the game auto saves to the cloud. So if you wanted to change to another device for example, just make sure to complete a turn before switching over. 

I almost have 4000 gold to buy the next adventure, but don't want to lose that our the characters I've already bought... So what is the solution?!?

ArchSenex is correct, any purchases you have made with either gold or real money is stored to your account, so those can never be lost not matter what happens.

Bump because this went to page 3, will not rest till I get a result, good (Obsidian has a cloud save that has all my advanced characters from before version bug) or bad (Obsidian shows me how to reset this so I can get gold/rewards from adventures the game thinks I've completed and keep my gold and characters bought)

On that note, the game is correct with thinking I've progressed through all 3 adventures but I do not have the characters that had done that progression, that's the main issue. And now I can't get any progression rewards with current characters.

Things were fine until the version bug from yesterday, now Obsidian waiting for some kind of resolution.

You may have that party already existed into a save, which means you can't gain access to those characters unless you delete that party save. 

Thanks for all the info, unfortunately it does not seem to help.

New party, new characters, game does not give rewards... let me rephrase that, no rearward like I'm using a party that already did this adventure(s).

But I'm not using experienced characters, so only difference is the version bug from Monday.

Before the I had an advanced party and characters. After bug and reinstalling, after bug forced it, no experienced characters.

No party save, no quest save, no story save... Which frankly I'm fine with, as long as the game realized these characters have NOT done any adventures, but alas the game does think these are the same characters that completed all 3 adventures. (This is the issue btw)

Do you see the issue here?

I can't start brand new because the game thinks these are the characters that completed the 3 adventures.

Also do you see that I do not have any of my experienced characters at all?

I want to start over from scratch, keep gold and bought characters (I know I will but making it clear) I want a list of how to completely remove this game and it's memory from my device, right now the game thinks I have completed 3 adventures, which I have, but not with these characters, so I get no, zero, zilch rewards, no skill points, no ability points... nothing!

I want all cloud info, adventure progression... ect removed from this device so I can start new.

Please try to understand that I get what you are both saying but this is not the case with my game after that version bug!

Edited by JWolfenator

You could try turning off network and nuking your save files.

Here's the location on android

Connect the Android Device to your PC.

Open Windows Explorer and open the device

Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files

Then start up and see if that helps. I'm taking you at your word that you're considering nuclear options.

Yes nuke.

I've done that but am trying to beat the second scenario of adventure 1, and, of course, now I run out of time... Lol.

But I did notice the cloud redid everything back to what it was, so I don't have high hopes.

Will try to beat the second scenario today and post back.

Thanks,

Jer

Hey Jer,

I nuked all of your saves on the cloud so you should be good to go. All purchases will be there, so no need to worry about that. Just keep in mind that, since your account has already complete the Story scenarios, you will not receive gold for completing them even though you have a brand new fresh party. Make sure the game is fully uninstalled before opening it again.

Thanks!

Aarik,

Don't know what's happening but my decks are still changed with my first scenario cards and it kept my party, so nothing deleted?

Deleted files, uninstalled app, waited for you to say cloud is deleted, nothing changed, what next?

Perplexed,

Jer

P.S. game is uninstalled and folder is deleted in data. Try again? Wait to install with Wi-Fi off? ???

Aarik,

Okay finally got card rewards, thanks for helping, but I did lose all my advanced characters, but at least I get to start over.

Should be evident I love this game more than the tabletop version, keep up the good communication and work!

Thanks again,

Jer

• Like 1