Question about adding basic cards at the end of a scenario

Hey oh

Question about adding basic cards at the end of a scenario. 

So say 1 of my characters had to banish one of their allies (lets say a Sage for Ezren), and another character picked up an extra ally (but its one I dont want for Ezren like a Guide) 

Do I have to include that Guide in Ezren's deck at the end of the scenario, or is there a way to pick a different basic ally (like another Sage) to put into its place and ignore the Guide altogether

Hey oh

Question about adding basic cards at the end of a scenario. 

So say 1 of my characters had to banish one of their allies (lets say a Sage for Ezren), and another character picked up an extra ally (but its one I dont want for Ezren like a Guide) 

Do I have to include that Guide in Ezren's deck at the end of the scenario, or is there a way to pick a different basic ally (like another Sage) to put into its place and ignore the Guide altogether

Yes, you have to use card of the appropriate type that you collected during the adventure. If only after that you're still short - then you're given access to Basic cards to refill your decks.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I was wondering about this issue to and thanks for clarifying Longshot11.  I assume this technically applies to the physical game too?  Since I started playing the app I have picked up Skull and Shackles and have been playing it with my wife & daughter.  I played the physical RotR game a while back with a friend and we just swapped out unwanted cards for any basics in the box.  I take it this was not supposed to be the case?  I can't find it specifically in the rule book so I just wanted to confirm that's how it should be played in the physical game too.  Thanks.

I was wondering about this issue to and thanks for clarifying Longshot11.  I assume this technically applies to the physical game too?  Since I started playing the app I have picked up Skull and Shackles and have been playing it with my wife & daughter.  I played the physical RotR game a while back with a friend and we just swapped out unwanted cards for any basics in the box.  I take it this was not supposed to be the case?  I can't find it specifically in the rule book so I just wanted to confirm that's how it should be played in the physical game too.  Thanks.

Yes, that's also in the physical game and in the Rulebook (can't quote the exact text).

Also, I think the way you played it makes much more sense than the 'official' version, so if you're comfortable with home rules - stick with it. ("Yeah, sure, I'm throwing away a backpack full of epic-level artifacts, but for the life of me I can't find a decent set of Thieves Tools!" ... Riiiigth.)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Thieves tools Are back market product... Of course They Are hard to find. :-)
All in all that "take anything you want" just make the game too easy and all those banish a card effects would be useless if you could just take those cards back. It is a game balancing issue.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Thieves tools Are back market product... Ofcourse They Are hard to find. :-)

All in all that take anything you want just make the game too easy and all those banish a card effects would be useless if you could just take those cards back. It is a game balanging issue.

We were talking about free access to Basics. If they're not imbalanced to have your starting deck build with them, they're certainly not imbalanced to refill your upgraded deck with.