So how is everyone's weekend? What is everyone up to?

I'm sitting here drinking Capn' and coke while my wife does chinese bbq. Wresting with a big decision. I'm the Senior Field Engineer at a healthcare and industrial automation company. I put my foot down to my bosses and said I am through travelling for work. I have 2 options, transfer to our Level 2 support group or quit. I'm leaning towards the former and going back to school for software development. I already have written a lot of our tools at work, but that is simple stuff like bash and SQL.

How about all yinz?

You should help your wife with the cooking, or at least let us know you'll do the dishes :p

She loves cooking. Grill is cooling will hose and scrub tomorrow. Everything else is in the garbage. :D

I can do software, one of my majors was web development and I do minor stuff now. I have connections here too.

Anyways. What are you guys up to besides playing Pathfinder?

Well my weekend is going by planning orienteering tracks for the orienteering happening. A good hobby ;-)

About other games I actually play a lot of different games. 51st state, Eldrich horror and Battle Star galactica Are among my personal resent hot top 5 games among the Pathfinder. That fift place is somewhat hasy because so Many games is competing From it, but maybe Triumph and Trategy holds that plase at this moment.

Working that night shift. RN in cardiology.

Gaming wise, besides this I'll play just about any board game from old-school Civil War games to the new stuff off the rack at the FLGS. Fav's include munchkin, d&d, anything trivia, cranium.

I stay well rounded though and try not to stay in my nerd shell longer than deemed appropriate. Weekends usually spent wrenching on my jeep, mountain biking, whatever gets me in the sun.

Capt & coke is one of my fav's, only second to a good top shelf whiskey on the rocks. You'll have to share that bbq recipe if it's good.

I've never done orienteering, it is one of the things on my list to try. I hike and climb when not in my nerd shell. I was getting into biking again before getting married. After we move and get settled I'm getting my wife a bike just so we can both do it (she is not a fan of hiking and I dread to see what she thinks of climbing).

My other games are pretty diverse, but all read geeky. Betrayal at House on the Hill (@ Obsidian....wink wink, nudge nudge), Dungeon Dice, Euphoria (though I never lose so no one plays...), ans now Pathfinder CG. I used to be big into D&D, WoD, and Dark Heresy, but my group just doesn't have time anymore with all our adulting.

Capt & Coke w/ Lime is my normal drink of choice. I can't look a whiskey in the eye since my partying days and drank WAY too much of OG 100.

The BBQ is easy. Cut small peices of desired meat. Put it on wooden skewers. Coat in peanut oil and put on grill. When it is halfway done sprinkle a mix of Cumin, Paprika, Chili Powder, and Seasame.

Man cumin and chili powder on anything is delicious. A Korean buddy of mine makes a mean bbq, won't tell me the ingredients but swears the main one is Coca-Cola.

And speaking of lime - try grey goose, splash of cran-grape, some club soda, and 2-3 limes. Awesome summer drink.

Where do you hike? I used to live in VA and played in the Shenandoah twice a week.

Edited by Srvannor

Great to see some of you chilling and enjoying the weekend in your own ways. I had one of those days when the gritty side of life caught up and you got to deal with it . Made a few trips to the vet to get my cat sorted. By the looks of some of the hobbies you guys have I'm the real nerd here and I could only dream of doing stuff like hiking and biking :lol:

I have the typical Crpg gaming history some of which were classic shaped by the hands of obsidian such as nwn 2, kotor2 and some mainstream mmorpg. I'm being frank when I have no idea what those games you guys mentioned are really and sometimes it seemed I managed to find myself in the wrong game forum but this digital edition of the PA card games does has its charm and I'd always have that nerdy liking for strategic card games. Bridge remains one of my fav classic card games :lol:

@Rhygar - first of all, hiking is no big deal. You start out with a few basic items, some water and a sandwich, a buddy, pick a spot in a state park and go walking. Later, you start to learn about gear you wish you had on that last walk and buy it, then you figure out what kinds of trails you like and hike them. Eventually you end up with some sweet packs and gear, a pair or two of Oboes shoes/boots, and a camera filled with pics of all your favorite plants, wildlife, and views. Try it! :)

I also played a few mmo's back in the day (EQ, WoW, Vanguard, Rift). I wish there were still gritty mmo games out there, the ones that really made you think and required precise teamwork and thoughtful play, but it seems these days they cater too much to getting a high level character asap and don't involve a whole lot of risk.

I mainly go on small hikes for a few hours in some of the parks in Pittsburgh. There are some good ones that are nicely wooded.

@Rhygar - you should really try it, it is pretty awesome. Just chillin in nature. I used to be a lot more sedentary, I was 100 lbs heavier, and spent most of my time reading and gaming. After dating this active chick (and realizing I was totally not in the same shape I was in high school), I got into more active stuff. I made a point of spending a few hours exploring every inch of the local parks, started hanging out with this dude at work who loved climbing at this indoor bouldering place. Climbing is my favorite, but I don't get to do it much. :/

The only equipment I bring on my hikes is: knife, hankerchief, lighter, waterbottle, ziplock baggie for my phone, and a bug band.

Agree completely about gritty MMOs (or other games), these days so many games make things way too easy. It's not a MMO but if you haven't tried it but like challenging/gritty games you should try Dark Souls. More of an action game than I usually prefer but I really enjoyed the style of game, it reminded me of a time when you couldn't just look everything up on the Internet when solving a quest in a game. And I actually felt a sense of accomplishment for the first time in a long time in a video game, when beating some of the harder bosses.

In terms of tabletop games, I second the mention of Betrayal at House on the Hill mentioned above and in the same vein I enjoy Mansions of Madness. Fun, challenging board games as long as you don't play with people who get too worked up over losing.

Another card game (that's also an app) I enjoy that's been mentioned a couple times in various threads is Sentinels of the Multiverse. It doesn't have the RPG elements of this game (nothing carries over from one game to the next) but it does have the kind of strategic planning in terms of figuring out how to win with the resources you have. Also has the capability of playing solo, kinda like Pathfinder (one person playing multiple heroes). Something to check out possibly if you enjoy Pathfinder and are interested in other card game apps.

RPGs are my bread and butter, but sadly they rarely transfer over into a format that is less time consuming, PACG is great for this and scratches an itch that I had been missing for a long time.

I met with one of the VPs of my company and he rescinded the ultimatum they gave me. :D So that is good for Monday.

• Like 1

This weekend is like my first one at home in almost a month, so it's a lot of looking after my toddler and heavily pregnant wife, and chores/errands (I get to go to the DMV tomorrow, so fun). Somewhere in there I'll do design work for multiplayer because this is my life. If I'm lucky, I'll catch up on some CW DC shows. I'm like 3 episodes back on everything (since I've been out so many weekends).

• Like 1

;-)

Nah we Finnish Are very straight forward people!

Can confirm, I got friends out in Finland I only get to see them once a year for GDC but, its always a ton of fun when I see them!  I shipped a package with some costuming stuff I made for said Finnish friends recently, that was perhaps the weirdest shipping label I have ever printed, I found out about a lot of shortcuts for letters I'm not used to using.

• Like 1

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them