Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Bug] "You are not logged in"

Best Answer Klayan , 14 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

Having this exact same issue on a Galaxy Tab S. Just downloaded the game for the 1st time cause I bought the humble E3 bundle and I can;t seem to link it to my Google play games

Hey Klayan, welcome to the forums. Did you try all the options here on this thread? 

I thought I had, but doing them all at once a 2nd time just worked for me.. Cleared the cache on Play Games, and Pathfinder, Sync was enable but I manually synced google anyways cause it didn't work the 1st time when I just enabled it, and then launched it from google play and this time I got successfully logged in.. Yay. Will have to see if it keeps working, but for now at least my problem is solved. Did each thing separately and it didn;t work, but after manually syncing Google account it seemed to. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Only thing I've not tried is a re-install, as I was concerned I'd lose my progress. I was hoping the latest fix would put it right but problem still exists. 

I personally don't mind redoing the first story mission since I didn't get any gold from any of the 3, but I'd just like the option to unlock more content.

The game is great! A bit buggy/slow at times and text on cards is pretty small, but it's still really well made; I want to play it so bad but I can't without gold :(

I don't really mind starting again, I just wanted to know if it would work before I tried it, so I was hoping maybe devs or someone who had the same issue could tell me either way. But it seems a bit of a mystery. Maybe I'll give it a shot, since I can't unlock any further content anyway.

Yeah I've just been lazy myself. Not really doing much atm, worth a shot if you want me to try it first :p

Edit: Reinstalling did nothing but remove my progress.

Edited by Polarthief, 11 June 2016 - 10:32 AM.

Gwendel

Gwendel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Only thing I've not tried is a re-install, as I was concerned I'd lose my progress. I was hoping the latest fix would put it right but problem still exists. 

I personally don't mind redoing the first story mission since I didn't get any gold from any of the 3, but I'd just like the option to unlock more content.

The game is great! A bit buggy/slow at times and text on cards is pretty small, but it's still really well made; I want to play it so bad but I can't without gold :(

I don't really mind starting again, I just wanted to know if it would work before I tried it, so I was hoping maybe devs or someone who had the same issue could tell me either way. But it seems a bit of a mystery. Maybe I'll give it a shot, since I can't unlock any further content anyway.

Yeah I've just been lazy myself. Not really doing much atm, worth a shot if you want me to try it first :p

Edit: Reinstalling did nothing but remove my progress.

Ouch, sorry feel bad I didn't try it first, decided to plug my tablet in for a charge instead ready for an evening gaming.....pathfinder or no.. ;(

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

It's all good, I only lost 3 quests that I'd have to redo for the gold anyways. No harm done.

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Just bought the recent E3 Humble Bundle, would love to get those chests but still can't since I can't login! :p

Any other suggestions to try? :(

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Update: So I downloaded an emulator: http://en.bignox.com/ and it worked instantly! My friend said if I used the emulator, it would connect to my account and then my phone would start working!

... unfortunately, while the Emulator connects easily, my phone is still in the same problem. Oh well, at least I can play-and-progress finally, but I would like to get this working on my phone too :(

Edited by Polarthief, 13 June 2016 - 01:37 PM.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Polar, 

I'm not sure what else can be done, usually launching the Game from Play Games does the trick and making sure device sync is enabled, which you have done. When you tap on "Log in" from the top left, and choose your account, that doesn't work as well correct? Did removing your google account and readding it work? You can do that by going into device settings and accounts. 

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Also, make sure that Play Games is up to date.

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Did removing your google account and readding it work? You can do that by going into device settings and accounts. 

Didn't try that yet, guess that's next. Reeeeeeeally hope that doesn't ruin other things on my phone >.<

Edit: Whelp, guess my phone just isn't meant to play this game :(

Edit: Aarik if you could answer me this though, is the data saved on my device or my account? I'd be totally fine with playing on my emulator for now if it means I can eventually play on a new device should I buy a new tablet or phone in the future.

Edited by Polarthief, 13 June 2016 - 06:58 PM.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It should be in the cloud, but that requires that you Are Locked in... You can tray to manually copy save folder and then copy it to your PC to emulator save folder.

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

It should be in the cloud, but that requires that you Are Locked in... You can tray to manually copy save folder and then copy it to your PC to emulator save folder.

I meant once I finally get a phone/tablet that runs it normally, I want to move my emulator save to the device. I had to restart anyways.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The copy save file should work Also otherwice around, not sure though how well emulator support clod saves...

Mikazuki_no_kami

Mikazuki_no_kami

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
I have the same stupid problem :(
I reinstall, deleted, install on 4 other devices, but this piece of **** connexion system not work.I'm french and i have a french IP, i think it only work on US IP ? It's very stupid ig is that :/. The game is great but i can't play w/ this **** connecting system. YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR OWN ACCOUNT SYSTEM AND NOT ALWAYS USE THE GG PLAY ACCOUNT crap !
(Sorry, but i am very angry)

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2307 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Well I live in Finland and both Apple and Android Connection does work in all platforms, so I don't think that it is country spesific problem.
Something else is hindering there. I have tried this in Galaxy tab 4, Galaxy s2, Android mini and iPad air 2.
Can it be tablet spesific? What tablet you have? Is someone else does not have problems with that tablet then it is not the problem but if other people who has same tablet Also have same tablet as you, it may be device related. Just to narrow down possibilities.

I agree that it did work better before that google play system was released in final product but maybe there Are some securitynreasons of using it instead of in game loggin mechanics.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 14 June 2016 - 02:42 AM.

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Can it be tablet spesific?

The problem I have is on a Galaxy S4 (phone). It's definitely not specific to tablets.

I also don't know if this is the cause or not, but I did attempt to root my phone awhile back, though it never seemed to have fully worked. AT&T's software updates always fail every time they try to send me one, and rooted apps don't seem to work either. Could that be part of the problem? I've never had any issue with games before though.

Edited by Polarthief, 14 June 2016 - 07:23 AM.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I have the same stupid problem :(
I reinstall, deleted, install on 4 other devices, but this piece of **** connexion system not work.I'm french and i have a french IP, i think it only work on US IP ? It's very stupid ig is that :/. The game is great but i can't play w/ this **** connecting system. YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR OWN ACCOUNT SYSTEM AND NOT ALWAYS USE THE GG PLAY ACCOUNT crap !
(Sorry, but i am very angry)

Sorry about that Mikazuki, did you launch the game from Google Play Games or Game Center? 

Can it be tablet spesific?

The problem I have is on a Galaxy S4 (phone). It's definitely not specific to tablets.

I also don't know if this is the cause or not, but I did attempt to root my phone awhile back, though it never seemed to have fully worked. AT&T's software updates always fail every time they try to send me one, and rooted apps don't seem to work either. Could that be part of the problem? I've never had any issue with games before though.

Is there any way you can update your device? That might be the problem here. 

• Mikazuki_no_kami likes this

Mikazuki_no_kami

Mikazuki_no_kami

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
Aarik D : yes, i try these, but its not work :(

Polarthief

Polarthief

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Is there any way you can update your device? That might be the problem here. 

I don't think there is (legit don't know how, lol), but that could be an issue, idk.

Klayan

Klayan

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Having this exact same issue on a Galaxy Tab S. Just downloaded the game for the 1st time cause I bought the humble E3 bundle and I can;t seem to link it to my Google play games

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Klayan, welcome to the forums. Did you try all the options here on this thread? 

Klayan

Klayan

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

I thought I had, but doing them all at once a 2nd time just worked for me.. Cleared the cache on Play Games, and Pathfinder, Sync was enable but I manually synced google anyways cause it didn't work the 1st time when I just enabled it, and then launched it from google play and this time I got successfully logged in.. Yay. Will have to see if it keeps working, but for now at least my problem is solved. Did each thing separately and it didn;t work, but after manually syncing Google account it seemed to. 

• Aarik D and Hannibal_PJV like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users