Questmode: no haste no swipe no nothing

Rhygar

Question

No pic , else this post wouldn't exist

No swipe, no haste present at up to tier 4 . Something isnt right with quest mode in a big olfactory manner and you know it.

Please include it in Ina fix thank you.

5 answers to this question

? It seems to work just fine... So good cards Are put very high compared to normal game. I would not be surprised if some cards have been removed completely. Or Are you saying that those cards Are not working in the quest mode? If not then it may be a bug.

The quest mode has completely different boon and bane tables than normal game. That is the reason why you don't se certain cards or see cards that you should normally see.

For some background on what this post is about , please read my thread here.

Between the hosts of missing locations and various game bugs, please forgive me if I say I get the impression the questmode wasn't really ready to roll out in 1.03. Specifically for the missing spells though, I find it easier to think it's been omitted as an oversight against the various things I'd seen in questmode , rather than to think it's been purposefully retrofitted as Deck 4 spells. Because that is what it is if we only get the spells in tier 5. I don't know about you but rebalancing a deck 2 card to 4 is a huge jump.

This though is really about the incomplete state the questmode seems to be in 1.03 .i just chose the missing spells as the main thrust is all. And I'm not even talking about how far off it is from what obsidian want it to be eventually. Pre 1.03 despite the grouses many,not me, have for rebalanced loot table I still find it for the most part playable and consistent. This one by contrast feels like a beta.

I am not going to say anything about game balance, but the location boon and bane system is the same in the quest mode and story mode, only thing different is that boons and banes Are in different place in the loot table.

And that means that this system should not work in the story mode either, if the location build system does not work in the quest mode. So I strongly belive that some cards Are "banned" From quest mode or They Are really high in the loot tables in the quest mode IMHO.

If talking about bugs in general... There Are Many and there will always be more in the quest mode because, random scenariopowers, random Villains, hensmans etc, where you get very obacure combinations that can go wrong.

I personally don,t have had difficulties with quest mode so far, but that does not mean that it should not be patched again Many times, because it will always be more bug fasted than story mode, just because it is what it is... Random back box...

Summasummarum, we know that quest mode has different card tables for creation locations, we know that cards have been moved up and down in those card tables. We don't know where and even if one spesific card is in the card table. I am Also sure that They use exacly same system of draving cards From those card tables, so this feature is working in both game modes or it does not work in either of them.

So I would not be very worried about where spesific card Are or if They Are at all, because dev has not told us, and if I have been reading it correctly Are not going to tell, so that we can find out by ourselves what an earth They have done to spesific cards in the quest mode.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Re: location cards if you haven't played tier 3 lv30-40 you will find that, when you do , the locations in ap1,and 2 which you do get in random scenarios in 1.02 lv20-30 are missing.not only are the new ap3 locations off the menu but the previously accessible ap1 and 2 locations are mysteriously gone. At lv40 I'm just dealing with location cards from deck B every single rerun I play through. When I'm expecting shimmer glen etc even bugged as it is currently. it seemed to me that locations cards from the new ap3 weren't introduced properly into quest mode

Next wildcard powers conflicts, conflict of existing wild powers,when they were for most part fine in 1.02, with new henchman/ villain, new bugged villains themselves etc what do I see? I see these banes and new wildcard powers relating to ap3 weren't introduced well into the quest mode system.

So when it comes to the notable spells absentee please forgive me if I think the spells that aren't there are just part of many things of ap3 that didn't make the transition well into questmode.

main point being: the new content of ap3 in 1.03 ( wildcard powers, boons, banes location card ) are just really not implemented well across questmode hence why I feel questmode as it is is rather like a beta.

It will always be like beta ;-)

Just because of that wild power conflicts. Lets see when it will be about level of 1.02, most propably at 1.04 and when next adventure pack is added 1.05 we Are again in the situation that has some intereresting thing going havok...

Tick, tock rule of the quest mode :-)

Tick = new content to quest mode and huge bugs

Tack = bug fixes to previous content upgrade

All in all I really like quest mode, but I newer Expect it to be bug free!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV