Experienced characters missing in story mode

bouquetoftruth

Question

I'm running all the characters through every adventure in story mode. I noticed that Seelah was missing one day so I ran her solo (or with a single companion) up through the adventures again. Then I noticed that Sajan was missing! After I get a group through each adventure I give them each a unique nickname and disband the party and create a new one for the next round.

Anyone else seen this? I'm reluctant to build characters any further if they're going to disappear!

6 answers to this question

I'm running all the characters through every adventure in story mode. I noticed that Seelah was missing one day so I ran her solo (or with a single companion) up through the adventures again. Then I noticed that Sajan was missing! After I get a group through each adventure I give them each a unique nickname and disband the party and create a new one for the next round.

Anyone else seen this? I'm reluctant to build characters any further if they're going to disappear!

Well, it was mentioned on these forums (but nowhere in the game, haha) that there's a 20 characters limit in the game - maybe you exceed the limit so the game deletes your oldest ones or some such.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Well, I just deleted one 'experienced' character that was never used and suddenly the portraits of my experienced heroes in the Build Party screen got all wonky - like up to 9 of them missing at a time.

If I press Story - I seem to have all of my Party profiles intact, and I seem o be able to start a game with each one. However, when I select a Party and on the scenario selection screen eneter the Build Party screen - I always have different characters missing at the top. Damn weird that is.

EDIT: If I'm reading your post correctly - you never deleted a hero in the first place, so apparently that doesn't have a bearing on the issue?

Edited by Longshot11

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Well, I just deleted one 'experienced' character that was never used and suddenly the portraits of my experienced heroes in the Build Party screen got all wonky - like up to 9 of them missing at a time.

If I press Story - I seem to have all of my Party profiles intact, and I seem o be able to start a game with each one. However, when I select a Party and on the scenario selection screen eneter the Build Party screen - I always have different characters missing at the top. Damn weird that is.

EDIT: If I'm reading your post correctly - you never deleted a hero in the first place, so apparently that doesn't have a bearing on the issue?

Correct. I only delete the party they were in when I want to reform to include other characters. I've nicknamed the characters so they stand out from any that I'm not working with: $$Ezren for instance. At the moment I've completed every scenario through 2-1 for every character.

When I went to make a new group including Sajan, only 10 characters were listed but no Sajan. Then, the same thing happened with Seelah (whom I just powered through 2-1). I'm now left with 9 characters complete through 2-1 and no Seelah or Sajan. I'm not going to touch the game any more until this bug is fixed!