Here comes the flood issue

Ksnake

Question

I finished scenario 3-2. When the starting Here Comes the Flood (3-3), after I place adventures at the locations, and select the adventure turn orders the game crashes. I have tried turning off effects with the same results. I play on iPad my mini. This is the first issue I have noticed since I started.

16 answers to this question

I am ready to give up completely on this app!! After 7 tries i was finally on my way to defeating the Magga scenario when I hit a major glitch. Kyra closet the market location and rolled the d6 for an item. When the top card comes up the middle goes black and I can't continue! This is ridiculous! The physical card game would just allowed w me to skip this scenario completely. Can I get my money back? I am so angry right now because I love this game and invested in your app. Now my experience is ruined and it doesn't sound like I'm the only one. What can be done!?

^ in fact, I've found that NOT closing any location is a good way to bypass any issues on this map. Manga will still go to an empty location even if it's not technically closed and you can continue gathering allies at other spots

Edited by Srvannor
  • Like 2

I have the exact same issue, but I think the answer is simple. I hope a developer reads this and might confirm this:

The crash happens when loading the scenario, and can happen at 2 places:

1. After assigning characters to locations and pressing 'forward' the screen goes to the map of the area where the locations are shown and the map scrolls. During this scroll, the app crashes.

2. This happens about once every 10 times (usually it crashes with number 1 listed above): the scroll to top of map happens, the animation for Black Magga plays, and then when the screen goes to the normal loading screen, it crashes before the loading is done.

With a 3 person party, I tried this 100 times (or more, my girlfriend calls me crazy because I keep trying).

With a 2 person party, I managed (after 20 times) to get it to load.

This is on an iPad mini (first generation), with the latest patch.

The issue I think is internal RAM. The RAM (of which the iPad mini 1 has very little) might be full from the animation and then cannot load the level. The reason all scenerio's before this were fine, is because there were no animations at the start of the scenario (at least not this big). The issue with small RAM amount is, I think, also why I get random crashes in the app sometimes. I accept those crashes since I know the device is not supported, but I am kinda sad I can't continue with my 3 person party.

I hope there can be a possible solution for this, in the form of skipping the animation part of this scenario for iPad mini (first gen) devices, if it is possible to program that. That should make it so that users can get to the scenario.

I understand that we (iPad Mini 1 users, possibly also iPad 2 users) are a minority and have an unsupported device, but if this was possible, I would be very happy.

Until then, I will keep playing my 2 person party.

• Like 5

don't roll the 6 die but hit end turn button and this will bypass this bug

I am having the same issue but I can't even see the end turn button so I'm stuck. My only option now would be to forfeit the game and since I've tried the scenario eight times already I'm getting tired of it

I've been a big proponent of this game but the bugs are really starting to wear on me. I bought the season pass sight unseen but if they do come up with the skulls and shackles version I think I would probably pass for at least six months to make sure they had their bugs ironed out

I am ready to give up completely on this app!! After 7 tries i was finally on my way to defeating the Magga scenario when I hit a major glitch. Kyra closet the market location and rolled the d6 for an item. When the top card comes up the middle goes black and I can't continue! This is ridiculous! The physical card game would just allowed w me to skip this scenario completely. Can I get my money back? I am so angry right now because I love this game and invested in your app. Now my experience is ruined and it doesn't sound like I'm the only one. What can be done!?

I have the same issue. Seelah closes the General Store, then the die comes up to roll, and as soon as she should acquire on of these cards, the background turns black, and the game cannot continue. Exiting and restarting the game, or even the app completely only returns me to the die roll. There is no option to skip the die roll, so I cannot continue playing at the moment.

Please fix this issue quickly!

I have a problem with this scenario, i finish it in legendary mode but it doesnt appear as complete in the map, so, i cant get the black arrow bow (i have completed the oder four missions in leggendary mode).

Thanks, hope you can help me.

I have a problem with this scenario, i finish it in legendary mode but it doesnt appear as complete in the map, so, i cant get the black arrow bow (i have completed the oder four missions in leggendary mode).

Thanks, hope you can help me.

As mentioned you should take the last card to win this scenario now (the bug that will be fixed in new patch)

I'm not an apologist for this bug. After all, it makes me feel so low when I end up with the game ending crash while trying to loot the general store. We're supposed to be heroes, by God! However, as I've seen at least a few times up above, a simple work around in order to continue to enjoy the game, is not to close the general store. BY the way, since, depending how it pans out, closing locations can be a waste of a turn, don't close any location. Seriously, if someone ends a turn at a location and can't close it, don't have the next person close it. Remember the goal. Don't get caught up in nit-picky matters. As a general rule, since you *don't* lose for going through the blessings deck but only lose if Maggawhaterface eats too many NPCs, eschew everything in order to find NPCs. Also, and I don't remember if this is the thread wehere folks talked about it or not, but on legendary with a six character party I only needed to save... 9? 10? allies. So it looks like Maggnabiddy is kicking your ass, but not necessarily.

UPSHOT: Don't close any locations. Don't panic. Just keep going after allies where you have a chance of finding them. Stack folks in locations with the biggest chance to find allies and spend resources to find them. More important than defeating monsters and doubly more important than closing locations is saving folks from that hydra bitch!

EDIT: probably wounldn't have bothered, but one letter literally confused the sentence, so I changed it. :grin:

Edited by Hastur

Talk about bad luck : after the heroic version where the Magga seemed to always roll high for the number of card he ate, I just played in legendary.

As wildcard effects I had :

- discard a card from the blessing deck when you fail to acquire a boon

- boon difficulty +4

Ouch, both were a bad combinaison, plus in a scenario where you have to acquire allies, having +4 to the difficulty was not really great.

Still, I didn't forfeit and tried to play anyway, thinking that it would probably be a lost game ...

And then all seemed to go my way :

- the black magga ate very few cards, only 1 or 2 per location during its first turns, and he often went to the empty locations later

- I got lucky at the village house and got 3 allies during my very first turn with lem

I needed 9 allies to win, I got 10, but of course you see where I am going : with the magga having eaten much less cards than usual, plus some turns lost due to the scenario effect when failing a boon, the game ended for lack of turn.

It still got the victory screen, but due to the bug of not having finished the game by taking the last card, the win was not recorded on the map ... :banghead:

The game really trolled me with those recent games ... :getlost:

• Like 2