What is your most hated bane? Some banes are worse than others, and some are worse depending on who encounters them (Valeros vs Siren is a common example). For me I cringe whenever I hit a Horde. Just the time it takes to have to have everyone (or at least most) fight is annoying. Out of the hordes, the worst by far is the Zombie Horde. I want to shred that card into digital bits and feed it to Pac-Man. And why does it always seem to appear in scenarios where something nasty is triggered whenever someone encounters an undead?!

• Like 1

Early on, the Enchanter definitely sucks rocks.  Give me a ring of protection, and I take GREAT pleasure putting her down like a rabid rat.

• Like 3

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Siren - constantly does big damage and goes back in the deck. Need Wisdom to beat.

Rat Swarm - goes back in the deck if you don't crush it.

Ghost - need magic to beat.

Goblin Warchanter - if you fail first wisdom check, you can't really attack it.

Edited by troutman1966
  • Like 1

For me it's the Satyr. Every time I encounter that stupid thing and its stupid Acrobatics 9 irreducible damage check, it makes me wish I hadn't bought the C-deck. I'd happily inflict digital disintegration upon Lem's Deathbane Light Crossbow if it meant never having to see the Satyr again!

• Like 2

For me sometimes it not the checks that's required to beat the bane but the unpreventable nature of the damage they inflict which produced far ranging consequence in tight games especially.

Enchanter , unpreventable loss of card twice ! which you can reduce if you happen to draw those cards when you encounter her. At times, clearing my entire hand and encountering her next she takes 2 explores out of my character.

No one mentioned the traitor. Unassuming fella but deadly when you realize that ally you lost resulted in you failing to close that location with the last card next or the henchman /villain on next draw. Again, unpreventable loss of ally. Worse if Lini encounter him

• Like 1

The Goblin Enchanter has been driving me nuts.  When I run into it with Seoni she initially doesn't get a wisdom roll - all of her spells are locked.  I use her spell ability and that gives me the wisdom roll, and then I can cast spells.  This might be a bug.  The card says you get a wisdom roll to find out if you can use spells or attack trait cards but I don't get to roll that automatically to find out.  Just figured out the workaround for this last night.

Other than that, the Siren drives me nuts if anyone other than Lini runs into it (in my main party).

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

The Goblin Enchanter has been driving me nuts.  When I run into it with Seoni she initially doesn't get a wisdom roll - all of her spells are locked.  I use her spell ability and that gives me the wisdom roll, and then I can cast spells.  This might be a bug.  The card says you get a wisdom roll to find out if you can use spells or attack trait cards but I don't get to roll that automatically to find out.  Just figured out the workaround for this last night.

Try playing an attack spell, even though there's chains on it.  It's (probably) not a bug.  It's a new UI, in response to all the negative feedback about making everyone make a roll.

If you try to play an attack spell, it should give you the roll.

• Like 1

siren because valorous is always running in to him and it takes 3 blessing to take him down

Sytr because seoni is always running into him and it's 4 blessings to beat him

traitor because it's always a good ally that gets taken.

Zombie horde because all the time wasted to fight them all

skeleton horde, because if I have mirstiel avoid, it remains undefeated.

explosive runes, because OMG that thing does massive damage.

Edited by ikarinokami
  • Like 1

I had to fight the same Shadow 3 times because I had no magic weapons yet in quest mode. It popped up near the end of the blessing deck and I was desperate to find the boss. Ezren finally got a spell on it and put it down for good. Anything that takes an element or magic to kill is a massive pain that early.

Otherwise, the Enchanter and Satyr tend to top my list.

Just went through Legendary "Them Ogres..."  Every Henchman defeated causes 1d4 Force Damage to EVERYONE.

And wouldn't you know it, damn near EVERY SINGLE BARRIER I found summoned a horde or henchmen.

I suppose it's probably a bug that there was only one round of damage per horde rather than per henchmen.

Just went through Legendary "Them Ogres..."  Every Henchman defeated causes 1d4 Force Damage to EVERYONE.

And wouldn't you know it, damn near EVERY SINGLE BARRIER I found summoned a horde or henchmen.

I suppose it's probably a bug that there was only one round of damage per horde rather than per henchmen.

I'd rather hope the bug is that summoned henchmen activate that bull**it power at all...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Always hated the Enchanter.  Even in the first adventure deck, you'll probably defeat them easily, but they are almost guaranteed to do a point or two of damage.  By the time your party can routinely cope with force/fire damage they'll likely be pulled from play.

Always hated the Enchanter.  Even in the first adventure deck, you'll probably defeat them easily, but they are almost guaranteed to do a point or two of damage.  By the time your party can routinely cope with force/fire damage they'll likely be pulled from play.

Don't get your hopes up - they're Veterans, they're not going anywhere.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Don't get your hopes up - they're Veterans, they're not going anywhere.

Ugh, you're right.  It's been a while since I last played the RoTR campaign.  Based on how my friends and I experienced that card in the physical ACG, the text should have read:

"Roll any number of dice to automatically defeat Enchanter, then discard two cards anyway."

Long ago when we first started development of the game, I had only implemented a single bane card: Skeleton Horde. This meant that every bane in the entire game was a Skeleton Horde. Consequently, I have very bad memories of endless hordes of skeleton hordes destroying my party. I still hate encountering that card to this day.

• Like 1