[WM Major Bug] Game crashes when attempting to go to Durgan's battery

cy83rr

Question

Hi,

I cannot visit Durgan's Battery - no matter from which location. The game crashes during loading screen. So far, I've tried lowering graphics setting, disabling vsync, lowering the framerate from max to 75 - did not seem to make a difference. I/m using GOG version of the game (I have both expansions installed), version 3.02 (as far as I can tell).

My system information:

Linux Mint 17.2 Cinammon 64-bit (Cinammon version 2.6.13)

Linux kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic

Processor: Intel Core i3-4000M CPU 2.40Ghz x 2

Memory: 3.8 GiB

Hard Drives: 642.9 GiB

Graphics Card: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller

Dropbox link with a savegame and Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lpexraqbnm5oq2/Pillars.zip?dl=0

Any help would be welcome!

11 answers to this question

Same problem posted 4 june on windows 32 bits with everything fine on this computer...until this load :( i ll tell you what i can find.

Ok same problems no clue and the other ways by the village works but crash too

Edited by Senethril

Hey cy83rr,

I've added a bug into our database. Our programmers will look into your specs/player.log and see if they can find a solution. In the mean time, I highly suggest asking other Linux users. They tend to be very self sufficient when it comes to issues like these.

And Senethril, this is most likely not related to your crash issue. 32 bit windows has many issues when is comes to performance, because it is below our min specs. Sorry buddy.

I got your back

-Sking 

Hey explain why this game is no more supported on windows 32 bits for all the long adventure and not the next of the dlc that worked well for 3 hours of gameplay if the performance hit are not reached, i tell my memory is fine what else is not good you can see in my files, maybe i can affort you by providing savegame file in same earlier folder posted on my thread, please answer on it.

I found a solution, a kinf of workround, try to update in beta 3.03..... for the moment, i can only load so enter but no reload a savegame made in this area, i should up away and try kill all exteriors i can maybe i ll try a load from interiors in this area, good luck, that worked :D

Funny thing happened - I managed to get into Durgan's Battery! What I did - I started the game from the console to see if I'll find any additional information about the crash. Next. I went to Long something falls, then I went to Durgan's Battery. I was suprised that I succeded! I started to explore the area, went into a cave to the west (behind some ogres). I cleaned the place, saved the game.

Now, I can't leave : ) The game crashes again during loading.

I did manage to get aditional info about the crash:

support/gog_com.shlib: line 94:  4656 Aborted                 ./"${bin_64}"
Sometimes there's also "Segmentation fault" instead of "Aborted".

Does any of this make any sense? I thought that maybe some libraries provided with the game may be a problem, but I don't see any of them. Maybe I don't know where to look?

Funny thing happened - I managed to get into Durgan's Battery! What I did - I started the game from the console to see if I'll find any additional information about the crash. Next. I went to Long something falls, then I went to Durgan's Battery. I was suprised that I succeded! I started to explore the area, went into a cave to the west (behind some ogres). I cleaned the place, saved the game.

Now, I can't leave : ) The game crashes again during loading.

I did manage to get aditional info about the crash:

support/gog_com.shlib: line 94:  4656 Aborted                 ./"${bin_64}"

Sometimes there's also "Segmentation fault" instead of "Aborted".

Does any of this make any sense? I thought that maybe some libraries provided with the game may be a problem, but I don't see any of them. Maybe I don't know where to look?

I just got a new beta update of gigas among dozen of others lol, going to try the way out of north extrem ouest with the signal of amulet given to retrieve a quest way...

I loaded and go out of the way that bcame really hard where i said i had to go first after all others exteriors events i travelled but never loaded successfully, you have three possibilities:

-hope a quest teleport you out of theses areas of crash

-use command especially with iroll20 to allow cheat and tp you another places

-try a beta version of the game with gog client... is this allowed ?

-give me your savegame i can use to pass a area completly or temporally

-wait another update and ask real developpers to get good news about your kind of bugs

-pass a quest that not permit you to go out of a area to load the area that fail...

Ideally, I would like to be able to experience Winter March content : ) GOG offered me a refund, but I still want to try do something. I am stuck there, but I have previous savegames, so it's ok. I kinda expected problems : )

Is there a timetable for this bug? I mean, can I expect it to be fixed with the 3.03 update?

Game crashes when attempting to go to Durgan's battery.....do anybody have info what to do ????????????

I guess that you need to provide some more infos if you look for someone's help. I won't be able to help, but some in these forums are more skilfull than i am. But they will need more details about what happened, in the same fashion OP provided them. If the only thing you say is "i crashed", i don't think this will help to figure things out.