Not recomMENDING mending (locked gamestate)

sheadaman

Question

I casted mending on my wizard, discarding token(?) of remembrance. My intention was to get the kohl that has the same effect as spyglass but I accidentally pressed something else. When I went to deselect it and cancel my selection/spell by pressing the red x on the left side, my game got stuck "mending" and I haven't been able to do anything

9 answers to this question

I had to forfeit my game this morning after trying to use Mending.  I did try going into the vault and back without success.  Also I tried closing and restarting the app.

What happened was that Kyra played mending and put a card on the discard pile, then hit the right arrow (triangle) icon on the right of the screen.  That's not the correct sequence, I guess.  Then I got the prompt to exchange a card in my hand for a card in the discard pile, but I couldn't.  Nothing I did could remove the card mistakenly placed on the discard pile or clear up the prompt.  At times I had the X icon on the left side of the screen, but pressing it just resulted in re-presentation of the prompt.

Hmmm.. Mending has always worked fine for me. Did you click cards or did you actually drag cards to the right places?

Well, I don't think I followed the expected user behavior.  I played mending, dragged a card to discard pile, then pressed right arrow.  Then I got instruction to do the exchange and I realized that I shouldn't have dragged the card to the discard pile.  But I was unable to move it back to my hand or find any other way to move forward in the game.

It's still a bug though.

I have a similar bug with Augery, which I can even reproduce. If you move Augery back to your hand without selecting a card type then the Card type UI stays up. Then when you select a type...nothing. Quitting/reloading just brings the card type selection back up. You have to forfeit. Sound related, with some kind of failure to notice a choice/prompt is no longer valid.

• Like 1

I have a similar bug with Augery, which I can even reproduce. If you move Augery back to your hand without selecting a card type then the Card type UI stays up. Then when you select a type...nothing. Quitting/reloading just brings the card type selection back up. You have to forfeit. Sound related, with some kind of failure to notice a choice/prompt is no longer valid.

I think clcwolf is on to something there. Does anyone know how to upload photos so I can show exactly whats happening?

On your reply, click the "More Reply Options" button.  You should be able to Browse to select a file, and then click the Attach This File button once selected.  File size max is 1MB.

(If you have problems, try the Basic Uploader option.)

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

On your reply, click the "More Reply Options" button.  You should be able to Browse to select a file, and then click the Attach This File button once selected.  File size max is 1MB.

(If you have problems, try the Basic Uploader option.)

Thanks. 

As you can now see in my screenshot, the game considers mending AND my token of remembrance to be in the discard although both are still technically in separate areas (as mending should still be being cast). Also, ALL cards in my discard are being considered "valid targets" as they are all highlighted. However, selecting any of them gives no option to put one in my hand and none of them can be dragged out of discard.

This is after 2 days of opening and closing the vault and store as well as resetting my phone and closing the game itself.

post-163854-0-37701600-1464980733_thumb.png

Edited by sheadaman

As a note on Mending, in case the devs browse here: the whole "Exchange 1 card from your hand with 1discarded  card " tooltip seems a little confusing. Ttiphis is a two-part process, and it would seem more intuitive to have 2 separate  tooltips: "Deiscard 1", which then becomes "Draw 1 from discard pile". This would also make it easier to track if the effect bugs out by not registering your discarded card as such, or by not allowing you to draw to appropriate replacement card.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.