European Refugee Crisis : Part 3

Rosbjerg

Russians are slavs.

yes but lets not nitpick, thats white isnt it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

One thing people from the west (particularly urbanites) don't understand when dealing with any slavs is that the sort of verbal abuse that people prefer in the west (because physical altercation is so costly in every possible way) - is taken as a provocation and a sign of willingness to get into a fight.

While the police will do everything that police in the west will do if prompted the average citizen is more likely on average to let the physical altercation be the resolution, rather than engage the courts and lawyers.

Therefore the sure fire way to not having problems is to be polite and more than likely you'll be treated politely as well. In fact, at least in the Balkans, a foreigner is treated generally a bit better than the average countryman because its assumed that he/she's a "guest" and in need of help. On occasion you can get the same treatment in western europe but usually its more a polite indifference.

Its kinda like the american south - being rude and offensive (which a lot of city kids think is alright and "cool') is a sure ticket to getting a fist in the face but the flip side is that everyone is usually more polite.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well if not polite then passive aggressive.

Bless your heart and all

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 3 weeks later...

Guys there are so many links of the atrocities currently being  committed by Russia and Assad  in there bombing campaign against   Aleppo and other areas in Syria. They have bombed hospitals several times and have no concern for civilian life and have indiscriminately killed thousands ...as I always say " there is something that is empty in most Russian, its like they have no conscience  "?

The USA is considering charging Russia with war crimes and its  warranted, lets see what happens

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/10/07/kerry-says-russia-syria-should-face-war-crimes-probe/91725626/

Now i know how much some of our forum members are concerned about the loss of civilian lives of Syrians or other Muslims in the Middle East when the USA is responsible ...yet I have heard nothing from anyone about the war crimes Russia has committed 

So the only possible explanation for this is you guys just arent aware of what has been happening the last 6-8 months so I posted some links for you guys....there are  many more

Oby, Zora, Volo, Drowsy, Dark, Chillout, LK, Meshugger, Hiro .....I did this for you , its important to be informed  :geek:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2977193/russia-syrian-government-bomb-aleppo-hospital/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/23/russian-cluster-bombs-killed-hundreds-civilians-syria-watchdog

http://time.com/4129222/russia-airstrikes-syria-civilian-casualties-isis/

http://globalnews.ca/news/2977193/russia-syrian-government-bomb-aleppo-hospital/

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/kerry-russian-bombs-killing-women-and-children-in-large-numbers/index.html

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce there is nothing new regarding Syria in the links you provide.

The sad state of that country is in large part due to the failure of US policy.

I doubt anybody expected much restrain of Russia or Assad.

Sure it is old but also ongoing and its getting worse. Aleppo is almost completely destroyed

But the forum members I mentioned never seem to mention it and they usually have a lot to say about any Western mistakes in a war zone 

But how do you see the Syria crisis as a US failure? It was caused by the Arab Spring and when Russia and China vetoed Western military involvement the war continued and got worse and worse. If anything Russia and China are responsible for the war lasting as long

John Milton 

But how do you see the Syria crisis as a US failure? It was caused by the Arab Spring and when Russia and China vetoed Western military involvement the war continued and got worse and worse. If anything Russia and China are responsible for the war lasting as long

It takes two to tango.

US could have given up on Syria when it became obvious that there was no public support for intervention.

Instead it embarrassed itself with 'red lines' and now looks willing to fight Assad to the last rebel it can arm.

Syria has suffered enough.

It's much better for US to admit defeat today than to spin out the inevitable at a ever rising cost of lives.

It takes two to tango.

US could have given up on Syria when it became obvious that there was no public support for intervention.

Instead it embarrassed itself with 'red lines' and now looks willing to fight Assad to the last rebel it can arm.

Syria has suffered enough.

It's much better for US to admit defeat today than to spin out the inevitable at a ever rising cost of lives.

I'll be honest, it may seem like a  terrible thing to say as I agree Syria has suffered but I dont feel anything emotionally ..nothing. I dont really care who wins the war because the entire country is broken and has  no more strategic importance to countries that do matter to me 

I am more concerned with atrocities on the African continent because African people  think like me and have emotions like me , I care what happens to Western countries and there citizens  But the entire ME is mostly just about trying to keep it stable so it doesnt become a problem the West has to fix as usual 

But I still dont agree with your view and this is important as only one of us can be right...and if you right I will admit it 

The Veto is what matters because that is the beginning of when the West would have intervened like in Libya. They would have destroyed Assad's air force and other military resources like his tanks and left the ground fighting to Syrian rebels 

Once the Syrian rebels  had defeated Assad like Gaddafi had been killed we cant predict how it would have ended because who were the Syrian rebels really? But it wouldn't be as  bad as today, no chance. There would  be no  ISIS and most of the country would  be intact, Aleppo would be fine for example

So when China and Russia vetoed any military intervention they started a chain of events that ended in this disaster we see today 

Read this old link to see how things were back then in 2011 and what the country was like....Syria had hope back then

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/world/middleeast/with-united-nations-veto-russia-and-china-help-syria.html

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I am more concerned with atrocities on the African continent because African people  think like me and have emotions like me , I care what happens to Western countries and there citizens  But the entire ME is mostly just about trying to keep it stable so it doesnt become a problem the West has to fix as usual 

Consider this then: Syrian war has empowered Russia.

That Afghanistan-like quagmire never materialized and their intervention is seen as a big success.

Atrocities might shock diplomats but average voter will find it convenient to disbelieve them.

US giving up on Syria could at least limit Putin's gains.

Edited by pmp10
  • Like 1

Consider this then: Syrian war has empowered Russia.

That Afghanistan-like quagmire never materialized and their intervention is seen as a big success.

Atrocities might shock diplomats but average voter will find it convenient to disbelieve them.

US giving up on Syria could at least limit Putin's gains.

Yes, you see this is a good point. Russia gets involved in Syria and  this entangles them and costs them resources 

This would be a good outcome, Putin can experience how dysfunctional the ME is and how it just drains your country 

So when US bombs hospital or a wedding - it's an accident, when Russians bomb a hospital, it's a war crime?

The West at least acknowledges these types of mistakes. You must know this

Sometimes it has to be seen as collateral damage and yes its a tragedy 

Russia is denying killing civilians and has shown no remorse. Watch this interview 

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/10/12/sot-amanpour-sergey-lavrov-aleppo-boy-omran-daqneesh.cnn/video/playlists/amanpour/

John Milton 

• 2 months later...

Time to raise this topic back.

Odd that none yet mentioned that a "refugee" murder a Polish truck driver and then assaulted a Christmas fair in Berlin killing at least 12 and wounding many more...

https://gma.yahoo.com/least-9-dead-truck-plows-public-square-berlin-001924814.html

Odd that no one mentioned it yet indeed. Especially not yesterday in the Politics 2016 thread as news trickled in. So odd that this didn't happen. :lol:

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

Time to raise this topic back.

Odd that none yet mentioned that a "refugee" murder a Polish truck driver and then assaulted a Christmas fair in Berlin killing at least 12 and wounding many more...

https://gma.yahoo.com/least-9-dead-truck-plows-public-square-berlin-001924814.html

Odd that no one mentioned it yet indeed. Especially not yesterday in the Politics 2016 thread as news trickled in. So odd that this didn't happen. :lol:

darn. why would you put terrorism in politics :p

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article160462226/Berliner-Polizei-Wir-haben-den-falschen-Mann.html

Now they say that Berlin police says that they believe that they arrested wrong man.

They asked him: "Did you do it?" and he said "No." So they let him go.

I think you forgot to mention that the chief of police brought his sister in so the suspect could have his way with her in the interrogation room for his trouble.

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

He's been released. There's been enough time that they probably did a DNA test and it didn't match any in the truck- and if so then he obviously didn't do it.

It does leave the rather inescapable conclusion that whoever the driver was he's still out there.

No, they got the right guy, it's just that Merkel can't afford to have a refugee as terrorist, so she ordered the police to either botch up the investigation or find someone more fitting. Like a bit back in Munich. /tinfoil hat

edit:

In case I disappear from the forum in the near future keep the flame burning and know that I've been spirited away by the newly formed Merkel Stasi/Gestapo hybrid that incarcerate poor Yuropeans who dare to stand up. :yes:

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

They probably lost a lot of time when the picked up the first guy. Now the culprit may be nigh impossible to find - he could easily be anywhere at this point.

Anyway, the chance that he's not a muslim is about 0.00000001%.

The only real (and embarrassing) question (for Merkel) left unanswered is if he's a refugee or a domestic.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.