[Urgent]Questmode Gold reward fail to register after scenario.video proof

Rhygar

Question

Video here shows the 200 gold reward not being registered on server end.

Frankly this is all rather atrocious and I urge you to rectify this quickly. I have no idea if this is a recent bug or has been so ever since 1.03.

Considering the number of games in questmode I must have completed from 1.03 til now, that's close to 10k the sum we're talking about.

For your urgent attention please !

Edited by Rhygar

9 answers to this question

Normally this happens when game Center And pathfinder app Connection is lost for some reason. The dev team can compensate the lost gold, but They cannot remake that Connection in your device. Some times in last days it has been because the game server has had spoken that cause server Connection drops. And that is something that can be done. So this is not a "bug" as a normal Sense. I have had some instances where there has not been gold, but a moment later the gold has been awarded normally, so for me it has been a server clitch. Some people has long time problem and the have done device reboot, game Center reboot, Pathfinder app reboot to reestablish that Connection.

So there Are several reasons that can cause this and not all can be remedied by dev team alone.

See Also this:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86192-login-and-link-social-gaming-network-buttons-do-nothing/

And this:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86260-bought-the-season-pass-or-daily-gold-content-did-not-unlock-please-read-this/

I am quite sure that They Are related.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I'm not entirely convinced it's a connection issue. Yes there's been some patches of unsteady connection to playfab as I'd noted and told ladykaieta about. But what's noticeable is during gameplay it is notified or you notice you don't get the usual gold allotment for clearing locations. But this one, no, almost stealth like crediting you the gold at the reward screen and failing to register.

And since before 1.03, the usual symptom of a connection issue has been that at the reward screen you get zero good awarded. The way to resolve this has always been to restart the app at this point which would reestablish the connection to playfab and rightfully crediting the gold it should have given on first go. But no, this 'stealth' bug clearly looked as if the server acknowledged the client pad accomplishing the scenario win and crediting the gold. However, that piece of data isn't stored in the server from that point onward and on drawing the gold data again subsequently fro, the server the server update the client of the old amount obviously. Do I make sense ?

So I'm having this down as some server side issue or some base code in 1.03 affecting the client server communication

Edit: to help narrow this down, it's clear that whilst this has been happening, the gold reward for clearing banes and closing locations should, at least partially, be registered and stored correctly on playfab server. This explains why my gold amount continue to grow albeit slowly and, regretfully unnoticeably too, and is partly responsible why I hadn't noticed the 200 gold reward stealth bug at the onset. The glitch could just be at the point after server acknowledge the scenario win and tell the client you get X gold. But that x gold isn't added correctly to their save file for each account, and a re sync of this gold data later would establish the shortfall.

Edited by Rhygar

This is definitely not a simple connection issue. As others have pointed out, the game is awarding gold for in-scenario actions (killing things, closing locations). Also, it only appears to be selected scenarios that don't award the gold. For me, Quests and Here Comes the Flood Legendary give no gold, but Poison Pill Legendary does give gold. What's more, this behaviour is recent: I was getting gold for quests up until Tuesday, and gold for HCtF legendary until yesterday sometime around 9-10am EDT, when it just stopped giving it. (I actually thought this was deliberate by the devs to stop the HCtF exploit.)

• Like 1

I had this same issue yesterday where the gold earned during quest play was registered and the screen showed me getting 150 gold multiple times for the scenario award, but on the shop screen the 150 gold was not logged.  I tried several other quest levels with the same results.  My connection was up the entire time and I was earning small amounts of gold as I completed the quests.  Things were working fine earlier in the week when I started playing to get the 10000 gold needed for the Character Add-On Deck.  Really enjoying the game otherwise.

Is anyone looking into the bugged gold credit in questmode? I understand somewhat similar concerns for this replicated in story mode. For what it's worth, I tested legendary 6man at a few scenario , 3-1,3-2,3-5 in story mode and it's all fine and dandy. I actually pocketed the 200gold each time it's handed instead of it being surreptitiously taken away like in questmode. It's 100% chance happening in my questmode. Please kindly look into it technical team.

This is definitely not a simple connection issue. As others have pointed out, the game is awarding gold for in-scenario actions (killing things, closing locations). Also, it only appears to be selected scenarios that don't award the gold. For me, Quests and Here Comes the Flood Legendary give no gold, but Poison Pill Legendary does give gold. What's more, this behaviour is recent: I was getting gold for quests up until Tuesday, and gold for HCtF legendary until yesterday sometime around 9-10am EDT, when it just stopped giving it. (I actually thought this was deliberate by the devs to stop the HCtF exploit.)

Thanks for the info on when the bug actually materialize. I simply don't have the info on that certainly. I'm hoping it is useful to the technical support staff to track this.

If anyone has not had this happen in questmode at this point , please update too. Thanks