Armor mastery

Srvannor

Question

Valeros doesn't seem to benefit from this role. Whether I discard or bury an armor, the effect seems the same as prior to picking the role. I have yet to see any prompts to recharge armor, except for what the armor already allows for ("recharge to prevent 3 damage" etc).

10 answers to this question

Valeros doesn't seem to benefit from this role. Whether I discard or bury an armor, the effect seems the same as prior to picking the role. I have yet to see any prompts to recharge armor, except for what the armor already allows for ("recharge to prevent 3 damage" etc).

Currently, the only armor that discards for effect is Spiny Shield, for its Ranged 1d4 to a combat check. If you don't have the shield and you've taken this power for Val - you're shield out of luck.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Lol what a scam. It seemed like I would be able to recycle armor, since you know... The picture for armor mastery was a breastplate, and it is "armor"

No joke. But hey, take solace that at least you didn't take Meri's Magic Expert (use Charisma to succeed at Weapon or Armor recharge check, hahahha - can you think of any of those?) or Inspired Dexterity (an otherwise excellent power, that's currently bugged to banish your blessings...). Man, those Roles are more fun than a Russian roulette...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I took inspired dex. Blowing up blessings like a boss. I absolutely refuse to believe Val's armor recharging doesn't apply to armor. It must be bugged. Is this a thing in the physical game as well? Does it only apply to the occasional shield?

Edited by Srvannor

I took inspired dex. Blowing up blessings like a boss. I absolutely refuse to believe Val's armor recharging doesn't apply to armor. Is this a thing in the physical game as well? Does it only apply to the occasional shield?

It applies to all Armor-type cards but it does exactly what it says - it converts 'discard for effect' to 'recharge for effect' , and since most armors either reveal, bury, or already recharge for effect.... Yes, it's like that in the physical game, and it makes just as much sense.

EDIT: I don't expect Paizo to go back and change a couple of years old cards just to be useful (after all, it's not *bugged* - it works as intended, only the intent is useless), but maybe -if Obsidian have that freedom (they've changed a bunch of better-working cards already) - they could make this power work on 'bury for effect' too. You have my vote in support.

Edited by Longshot11

Well there's a new armor in deck 3 that does that, and has something to do with a craft check or something? I forget the name off the top of my head - but that one has the discard trait. Unfortunately it's not one that can be recharged when resetting a hand. Maybe it's worth keeping a few of these on Val for that purpose. Blah. The other option for Val didn't seem very good. At least it's only 1 point for the armor mastery, the other sections of that role looked decent.

The armor I mentioned above is called Steel Ibis Lamellar. The last line on the armor reads "if proficient with light armors, bury this card to reduce all damage dealt to you by 5; you may succeed at a craft 9 check to recharge it instead."

I've found that when Valeros buries it, it gives you the option to recharge it without a roll. I assumed the other armors that bury for effect would follow suit, but maybe the steel armor is bugged? So confused lol.

Edited by Srvannor

The steel armor is bugged I think.

(Thanks to Longshot11)