Quest mode into tier 4 and beyond

So I have been spending time in quest mode after finishing the story mode post 1.03 in its bugged form.

There's a few things I'd like to share and ask here re: quest mode.

1) I haven't noticed much change in scenery and location since maybe lv 20 all the way to 40. I'm still seeing the same location every random generated scenario I play right now so much so I can assign my team by just looking at the icon of the location the moment that screen pops up. The locations are mainly deck B, Thessilonian , academy, junk beach mountain etc. I swear the last 20 games I had at tier 4 were all these. Where's even deck 1 and 2 locations ? And I'm real certain lv 30-40 I haven't seen a single location from deck 3.

I understand it's a random generated scenario each time we start but I'm not taking about a small sample size either in practical terms ie.

2) henchman wise, is good,. I'm battling ogrekin which makes it parallel to the development of the story mode. I'd hope to see guest appearance of higher deck henchman , from deck 4, just as I'd seen lamatar Bayden in quest mode prior to 1.03. Haven't seen them yet. Villains are including the Ogrekin in the starting from tier 3 which is great. A special mention to meeting black magga for the first time in a game when you actually fight her instead of stealing her dinner from under her snout in story mode. It's lil stuff like these in quest mode I like However, she's bugged too and she did a Houdini when I had nailed her not before looping the dice roll several times and then I'm faced with a blank location I can't close lol. that's the last time I'd seen her in quest mode. And so it leads to bugs..

3) Bugs. lots of them and most pertinent to my concern is the conflict of wildcard powers leading to frozen screen, warped interface , and basically funny stuff happening that's amusing for the first few times but frustrating when you have to forfeit the game especially after battling through challenging scenarios and having screen freeze that countless vault escapade and rebooting the app won't solve. I'd reported some in bug section so hope the technical team plan to remedy quest mode some time soon as well.

4) drops. All is good here along the line of what id come to expect . Tier 3 you get the odd sprinkling of cards , not a lot, from deck 3 and then tier 4 you get more of deck 3 and I think the whole bunch of treasure cards in deck 4. So I enjoyed blasting barl breakbone in the face with a cannon with ezren of all people. However there is one problem . I'm keenly on lookout for the haste spell and it's brethren spell but it seem edited out of the card table for good. I haven't encountered it from 30 to 40 and I hope I don't get to see it in quest mode when ap6 get released. Again, it's more than a handful of games I'm referring to here at tier 40 to base my observation from. And I notice your code would instantly hand the new tier of cards to player on arriving at a new tier. So it's inexplicable why it isn't seen yet unless you have left it as a deck 5 card. Would be shocking seeing haste is a designated deck 2 card.

Edit: it has to be mentioned that I still see black fang and her beloved ancient skeleton henchman a viable opposition for a team in tier 4. I think the banes generation table should scale upward respective to the party tier. Eg, tier 3 should at the minimum get a tier 1 ranked villain and the henchman and banes should follow likewise. But at least rank and file banes have veteran status, the villains don't.

Edited by Rhygar

I agree the locations seem very stagnant, I think this is obsidian toying with random too much and trying to use an algorithm to keep things balanced when It should really be as easy as picking them at random.

I find the lack of haste at 40 disheartening.  Currently a party of 37's and the hopes of seeing haste at 40 has been my driving force.  So much for the carrot on the stick.

I agree the locations seem very stagnant, I think this is obsidian toying with random too much and trying to use an algorithm to keep things balanced when It should really be as easy as picking them at random.

I find the lack of haste at 40 disheartening.  Currently a party of 37's and the hopes of seeing haste at 40 has been my driving force.  So much for the carrot on the stick.

Hoping to see someone else report finding the haste spell and proving that haste is indeed in the quest mode. As for locations I think in the lead up to 1.03 they simply didn't add in the ap3 locations and/or the AP2 locations for tier4 random pick.

It's a bit less about it being random more trying to keep the boxes in line with story mode but, balancing it out because Quest mode functions differently.  I'll go check on the boxes, we're constantly tweaking quest mode in multiple ways so, this maybe another place it needs to be tweaked.

• Like 1

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them