So my party is level 12 and I've barely touched the EP...

This is a recurring scenario. I'm now looking at suffering through ten-or-so levels of this dungeon before it starts becoming rewarding. And you could say, well if you went there earlier there'd be some useful loot for you. Perhaps so, but I can get useful loot elsewhere and usually with much more experience and variety attached than this quest-starved trash tunnel of a dungeon has to offer.

Playing melee parties with AI turned on has certainly helped, but it's still a major chore. What's your family recipe for making the EP more palatable? Anything more sophisticated than "grab quest items and unique loot and make a beeline for the stairs"?

While we're at it, is it technically possible to kill the Master Below before killing Maerwald? Obviously on a low difficulty setting as you'd only have access to chapter 1 quests to power up your party. Has anyone done it, and was there any special reaction from the steward?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

The wall of force blocking the path to lvl2 is disabled only after talking to the steward after you kill Maerwald. Also the door from lvl13 can be opened only if you understand the engwithan language which is possible only after finishing Undying Heritage from Act2.

• Like 2

The endless paths will only be interesting the first time you blind pt through them.

But tbh isn't that true for all the game?

As to the loot there's also drawn in spring, but to get it you need to progress to the level before the Sprit of Od Nua, which is one level above the Adra dragon.

I always ignore the paths until I have enough AoE power to just smash thru the mobs fast, all those xaurips blights, spirits, undead, animats and what not annoy me without end, when I just singletarget them.

• Like 1

Raven's right. I'm probably enjoying the Endless Paths  because I'm on my first playthrough.

I enjoy a challenge, though. So, I might be enjoying them because I'm doing each floor under-leveled. For example, I cleared floor 3 ogres with a level 3 MC and level 2 hired adventurers on PotD (Edit: Actually I think it might have been level 4 MC, 3 everyone else respectively... that was a few weeks ago). I learned a lot about what works tactically and what doesn't by doing that. I've had some of the best "by the skin of my teeth" fights in my entire playthrough down there.

I'm personally grateful that they're kind of sparse on quests (and even arguably sparse on great loot). Because I can dungeon dive as deep I can get without over-leveling too much (or getting a lot of over-powered weapons).

In a second playthrough I'd probably intentionally try them under-leveled again. Maybe I'll still enjoy them because of the challenge.

Edited by TWPE
  • Like 1

Raven's right. I'm probably enjoying the Endless Paths  because I'm on my first playthrough.

I enjoy a challenge, though. So, I might be enjoying them because I'm doing each floor under-leveled. For example, I cleared floor 3 ogres with a level 3 MC and level 2 hired adventurers on PotD (Edit: Actually I think it might have been level 4 MC, 3 everyone else respectively... that was a few weeks ago). I learned a lot about what works tactically and what doesn't by doing that. I've had some of the best "by the skin of my teeth" fights in my entire playthrough down there.

I'm personally grateful that they're kind of sparse on quests (and even arguably sparse on great loot). Because I can dungeon dive as deep I can get without over-leveling too much (or getting a lot of over-powered weapons).

In a second playthrough I'd probably intentionally try them under-leveled again. Maybe I'll still enjoy them because of the challenge.

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, b ut after the ogres there isn't too many spots down there, that require higher level.

It's just quite tedious at some points, but don't worry there will be points where you will need higher level to "comfortably" clear them, if you do those before going on with the main quest, big props to you.^^

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, b ut after the ogres there isn't too many spots down there, that require higher level.

It's just quite tedious at some points, but don't worry there will be points where you will need higher level to "comfortably" clear them, if you do those before going on with the main quest, big props to you.^^

Already did. Well except the last floor.

• Like 1

Already did. Well except the last floor.

Then I guess you have reached the only spot that truly either requires a higher level or a big amount of cheese.^^

Gtz.^^

Then I guess you have reached the only spot that truly either requires a higher level or a big amount of cheese.^^

Gtz.^^

I suppose it is probably easier if I side with the Master. But where's the fun in that?

• Like 1

Gtz.^^

I suppose it is probably easier if I side with the Master. But where's the fun in that?

I don't think anyone ever did that, but who knows.^^