Bug: Kyra's Turn Undead vs Spectre

DevoDog

Question

It happened twice in the same game.

Kyra's Turn Undead vs a Spectre in the Descrated Vault failed to defeat the Spectre despite the roll being high enough (definitely beat it the 2nd time...might be misremembering the first encounter with it).

My roll was a 15....no cards played on the check.

Looks like it isn't adding the Magic trait anymore to the checks. Worked fine before deck 3 was released (at least, with Kyra).

5 answers to this question

Nope. No d6 was ever rolled.  Happened again to me at the Farm House.

Her Turn Undead works fine against the Ghost...it's the Spectre that has the issue.

Sorry for the obvious question, but the app didn't roll a 1 on the location power is-the-undead-really-defeated roll, did it?  That would explain this.

I can confirm this.  Kyra in the woods defeated the spectre, by a ton, got moved to another location.  Not sure if he got shuffled back in to the location as it was my third to last blessing in a well planned "draw everything out to the last blessing to maximize XP in quest mode" and this incident screwed everything up.  Had to quit playing.... for a minute.

Should clarify, I was also using the first check option (Divine plus added die for turn undead), and not the combat option. 

Edited by Spydurmn

Nope. No d6 was ever rolled.  Happened again to me at the Farm House.

Her Turn Undead works fine against the Ghost...it's the Spectre that has the issue.

Sorry for the obvious question, but the app didn't roll a 1 on the location power is-the-undead-really-defeated roll, did it?  That would explain this.

Interesting, I just came here to report that it wasn't working with the ghost. Any chance you were using a magic weapon or spell vs. ghost?  Either way, I've successfully confirmed that Magic trait isn't being considered with ghost or spectre (and thus, likely, not at all).  

Interesting, I just came here to report that it wasn't working with the ghost. Any chance you were using a magic weapon or spell vs. ghost?  Either way, I've successfully confirmed that Magic trait isn't being considered with ghost or spectre (and thus, likely, not at all).  

Even more interesting, when the ghost came back up in the deck, it DID work.

The first time it didn't work, my combat check was simply swiping the dice (extra die for turn undead was present). The roll was plenty high enough and I took no damage, but ghost was not defeated. I rolled a 16.

The second time it did work, I changed the dice type from Divine to Combat. I decided it wasn't high enough and used a Blessing of Calistria from Amiri to help the check. Playing the blessing changed the check type back to Divine, but I only realized it once I was already in motion to swipe the dice, which now included the additional die for blessing. I actually rolled a 13, still high enough to kill, but lower than first roll, but it counted as defeated this time.