Bug: Seelah recharge Cure using inspired grace

Kiraaaaa

Question

15 answers to this question

I know this has been mentioned and posted including by myself but I will reply to each of these threads so long as it persists!  It's not just for things like recharges either.  If a monster has a before you encounter check like blackfang, if you try using inspired grace it checks it against combat.  This is also abusive as a means to not only see what's coming up next, but you can  use it to recharge Cure/Major cure at a closed location or a location with a barrier with no difficulty check.  0 against your 1d6.  

While on the subject.  I wish it was more like a copy+paste of Lini's ability code in terms of simplicity and automation.  I have a problem with dragging the card off the deck into the graveyard like the pre-1.02 bug where selecting heroes for your party was glitchy and you had to hold it and drag it up first.  Why doesn't it just flip a card off the deck into the graveyard?  

Indeed.  Just like when you fail a check on a Poison Trap.  It has no problem pulling a card off the top of the deck and discarding it without any help from me.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I know this has been mentioned and posted including by myself but I will reply to each of these threads so long as it persists!  It's not just for things like recharges either.  If a monster has a before you encounter check like blackfang, if you try using inspired grace it checks it against combat.  This is also abusive as a means to not only see what's coming up next, but you can  use it to recharge Cure/Major cure at a closed location or a location with a barrier with no difficulty check.  0 against your 1d6.

I've noticed this as well.

This is a pretty frustrating bug. Seelah has become one of my go to characters, and this really impacts her primary ability. Sometimes it helps her and some times it hurts.

It really hurts if you're trying to do one of the "before combat, perform skill check to see if XYZ happens" checks.  The combat check number is likely to be much higher than the skill check and you don't get to use any weapons.  I need to remember to stop using inspired grace before that.  It would be nice if you could cancel the usage of inspired grace- maybe the discarded card can be upside down in the discard pile until you actually roll.

• Like 2

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

It would be nice if you could cancel the usage of inspired grace- maybe the discarded card can be upside down in the discard pile until you actually roll.

They should really implement this.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

It would be nice if you could cancel the usage of inspired grace- maybe the discarded card can be upside down in the discard pile until you actually roll.

They should really implement this.

I like this, although you'd have to make sure you couldn't figure out which it was based on clicking on the "what's left in my deck" icon.

I think you should click the ability, it adds the dice with the cancel option like a blessing would, and then after the roll the card gets chucked automatically without interaction.  I bet the On blessing or spell recharge is what's gumming it up.

The only "down"side is, then Seelah has a free way to scout the top card of her deck.  Also, if she discards her card, and then decides it's too valuable a card to give up, she can undo.  And she should have to make her decision without knowing, IMO.

Oooh.  when you said upside down, you meant face-down.  I was thinking face-up, because the discard pile is face-down to begin with.  That makes more sense.