I hate the gold system. Let me buy the game.

Appreciate the reply. Things like dice skins are other non-gameplay affecting incentives I would very much like to see. 

As for a feature on the treasure chests. I would like to collect them, but would also like to be able to toggle numbers of cards available to me in different scenarios. For example apparently I have Lead Blades. I would never use it, hate seeing it pop up on the screen, but the collector in me doesn't want to scrap my last copy.

• Like 4

As for a feature on the treasure chests. I would like to collect them, but would also like to be able to toggle numbers of cards available to me in different scenarios. For example apparently I have Lead Blades. I would never use it, hate seeing it pop up on the screen, but the collector in me doesn't want to scrap my last copy.

+1 to that.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

A month after having bought the full game, I'm convinced the gold system was designed for 2 things:

1) so that people who don't want to spend money can grind gold and eventually but everything if they grind hard enough.

2) suck money out from everyone wants to collect all the cards.

Having bought the game, I don't feel rewarded for playing a whole new party of fresh characters because I only earn a puny 20-30 gold per scenario with no end scenario rewards. You can't possibly play legendary starting out with fresh new characters.

I feel, There should be 2 kinds of currency. The scenarios rewards give you gold the first time you complete it and that's it. You can't earn another 200 each time from grinding Podiker. After which, it should reward you with platinum or some other kind of currency no matter which difficulty level you play. And platinum is only used to buy treasure chests.

This way the ftp players can't grind the full game out in under 3 days which is pretty crazy by the way. At the same time they will be filled with platinum and tons of chests for cards in future adventures they cannot afford yet. That way, it would entice them to maybe just drop that cash to unlock the adventure rather that grinding 1 week just to get it for free.

Furthermore, for people who bought the full app, they can use excess gold and platinum to buy treasure chests, while being able to explore the full app with multiple variations of each character and be rewarded for doing so.

Edited by Jerm

I'm sorry in that I tend to post after indulging in the demon rum, and so I beg forgiveness if this is a tad less organized than I prefer, but it is nevertheless my genuinely feeling. I might be odd in that I don't care about the free to play stuff. When the game came out, they offered a certain product if I bought it straight away and then made that product available for folks if they decided to grind for gold. I don't want to insult folks who didn't want to pay the... oh my goodness... 25 bucks to get everything straight away. I really don't. However, the box set I purchased was about 40 bucks. I've played it a lot (mistaking the rules, I'll admit) since I got it, and enjoyed it. For considerably less money, I have the app which does all the shuffling and allows me to play all the characters at once without trying to keep track of multiple decks in the same way as the physical game. I'm not saying I like the app better than the cards. They both bring something to the table and I enjoy them both immensely. However, the app is a lot less expensive. For 25 bucks, I had every character available and didn't have to grind a single second to be able to use the pary I wanted. My four character party used four characters from the base set, so I guess I didn't need the character add-on pack, but I started my six person party at virtually the same time. I didn't have to grind for a damned thing and used all of the cards. I got some ally (poog my goblin bitch or some such) at the same time. That, I got with my four person party and I think he's fun and cool without being game breaking. So, the upshot is that there is some benefit for paying to get the goodies straight away. I'm not some spendthrift who throws money around. Quite to the contrary. I tend to be careful about money considerably more than necessary, and yet I have not been unhappy in any way with the money I've spent. Now, to be fair, I do think that the game is buggier than it should be. Go bless 'em, Obsidian has some issues on that front, but the game is just plain fun, which is the flip side of all those nasty ol' bugs. No matter how I look at it, I can't get all riled up about some folks managing to get the goodies for less. I paid for something, I got it, and I've been happy with it. I'm not going to stay awake at night because someone might have gotten a better deal than me. My time is worth a lot more than 25 bucks for an hour and it would have taken me at least several hours to unlock with free to play grinding to get that 25 bucks got me on day one. You think I'm a fool for not being angry for someone grinding to get 'free' stuff? Fair enough. I feel sorry (and as mean as that sounds, I am sincere in saying)... I feel sorry for someone who felt he needed to grind away a single hour because he couldn't afford to shell out 25 singles.

• Like 2

Just as I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who drunk posts to the Pathfinder Adventures general forums.

Thanks for the sympathy. On the other hand, reading over my post, I think it says something more substantive than the post I'm currently quoting, so maybe you ought to throw down a few shots and respond. :grin:

Just as I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who drunk posts to the Pathfinder Adventures general forums.

Well now my old friend Brainwave. I too am in less than 100% sober condition right now! I meant to pop into gmail to forward a home inspection to my wife, and here I am! We need a drunk/buzzed (I'm only 1 bottle of rum in so far) thread.

I will say this, I am a bit less than happy about SOME of the bugs (not being able to auto fail boons is annoying, and WTF With this screen rotation!). But over all I am happy. I like the app, love the Devs and rheir commitment to supporting this product. I have seem less support in products that LITERALLY have peoples' lives in their hands (hospitals are a scary place yo).

Fist bump to all yall devs and forum regulars!

Thanks for the sympathy. On the other hand, reading over my post, I think it says something more substantive than the post I'm currently quoting, so maybe you ought to throw down a few shots and respond. :grin:
Yeeeeeeesssss....driiiiiiiiiink (unless you are a recovering alcoholic, then I say stay sober.....)